Wondering about Oga's: My spouse and I don't usually drink alcoholic beverages and will have our kids (10 & 12) with us, should I skip making an Oga's day-of-reservation? I'm willing to try other fun drinks though and take in the atmosphere! I was planning on visiting SWGE in afternoon so thought of using reservation as a way to get in just in case of capacity issues (going end of this month). Or should we go to Docking Bay 7 instead?
Agree with the pp -- Oga's is worth seeing at least once, with or without alcohol. We haven't ordered alcohol yet and enjoy Oga's every time. And we also enjoy Docking Bay 7. Maybe do a quick stop at Oga's for something fun and refreshing to drink, then hit Docking Bay 7 (use Mobile Ordering ahead of time) for a meal?

Well. In our case, our first day at DL will be on a non-Magic Morning day... just a regular 8 AM morning opening at the park. We plan on arriving early, say sometime shortly after 7 AM or so... if we are somewhere near the front of the pack for rope drop, is hitting up Galaxy's Edge for Smuggler's Run first thing a good idea if we can walk on into the attraction with little to no wait?

Our plan was to arrive early for rope drop. Hit Smuggler's Run as soon as we get in as that is what my group is most looking forward to. We'd like to ride a few times at least but if re-riding as a group is a large wait after we get off the attraction, we could potentially split up and single rider it. Then we thought we might grab something quick for breakfast from Ronto Roasters. We plan on creating reservations once the 7 AM booking opens at Savi's for maybe around 9 AM or so? After Savi's, I thought we might grab some blue or green milk to try as we wander the land a bit, taking some of the sights in... perhaps set up at MaxPass for something else in the park as we stroll, thinking we may be out of the land around 10 AM or thereabouts??

We thought we'd use the next hour to hit a few attractions around the park and then place a mobile order for lunch at Docking Bay 7 and return for it around 11:25 AM or so... will a mobile food order guarantee us to get back into the land similar to a Savi's or cantina reservation would? If so, we'd just really be going back into the land for lunch as we have to be heading over to catch the monorail at 12:25 PM or so we'll make the tour of the Disneyland Hotel at 1 PM.

When we return to the park after the tour, we plan to do some more attractions until around 5:35 PM or so, at which we are hoping to have secured a cantina reservation earlier as well for a return time for around 6 PM so we can get back into the land to try out the cantina's offerings. We have a dinner at the Blue Bayou set for 7:40 PM, but we'd probably like to try to get on Smuggler's Run again if we could, if only just once or if we have to once again single rider it. If the line is too crazy, we would probably just hit a MaxPass attraction elsewhere, if there's time to do so before dinner...

After Blue Bayou, it seems to be mostly an evening of nighttime shows for us. Maybe sneaking in an attraction or two here and there, if there's time. We don't plan to be back in Galaxy's Edge at this point.

So... is this an okay plan? Or are there massive flaws with it? Otherwise, the next day (that is Magic Morning at DL), we plan to avoid DL right at the start of the morning and instead rope drop DCA and hit a few attractions in the morning and enjoy breakfast there, stuff like that... after lunch we plan to swap over to DL for the rest of the day. Is this an alright idea??

I guess I'm worried about making a fatally wrong move...

Does anybody have any oppositions to these planning structures I've outlined yesterday? I'm wondering if this will work or if it is more worthwhile to re-write the whole plan by hitting the rest of the park at rope drop and instead have Savi's/Cantina/food reservations plotted for the afternoon hours, after we've done our tour of the DLH and returned to the park... or will it be way more crowded then and worse off to save it for like 2:30 - 3 PM?? Just feels like it'd be more hot and crowded by then! This will be a Wednesday in August, if that factor changes anything...

Does anybody have any oppositions to these planning structures I've outlined yesterday? I'm wondering if this will work or if it is more worthwhile to re-write the whole plan by hitting the rest of the park at rope drop and instead have Savi's/Cantina/food reservations plotted for the afternoon hours, after we've done our tour of the DLH and returned to the park... or will it be way more crowded then and worse off to save it for like 2:30 - 3 PM?? Just feels like it'd be more hot and crowded by then! This will be a Wednesday in August, if that factor changes anything...
I mean, if you were only going for one day (particularly a Wednesday with no MM entries), I’d really advise starting in Fantasyland rather than SWGE. But if your group is most excited for SW and you have multiple days, meh.

I’d make Savi’s for later than 9, though, because MFSR can easily get up to a 75-100 minute wait in the morning, and you can’t guarantee you’ll be at the front of the pack with the looooong route there (what if someone trips?).

ETA: Mobile order will NOT get you into the land if it’s closed. But that doesn’t seem like a problem at this point.

Depends how many switchbacks. We just had three lanes in the back and we were on in 45 min from entering the attraction.
Oh makes sense. When I rode 2 weeks ago, I'm not sure how many switchbacks, but the whole back area was full. All the lanes were used for switchbacks. I timed it on my phone and it was 1 hour and 22 minutes. So about 75 minutes, which is what was posted when we got in line.

I mean, if you were only going for one day (particularly a Wednesday with no MM entries), I’d really advise starting in Fantasyland rather than SWGE. But if your group is most excited for SW and you have multiple days, meh.

I’d make Savi’s for later than 9, though, because MFSR can easily get up to a 75-100 minute wait in the morning, and you can’t guarantee you’ll be at the front of the pack with the looooong route there (what if someone trips?).

ETA: Mobile order will NOT get you into the land if it’s closed. But that doesn’t seem like a problem at this point.

Thanks for the advice! Though I guess I should have mentioned that we do have more than one day in Disneyland proper. Wednesday for most of the entire day (aside from the journey to DLH for the tour and back). Thursday we start in DCA (trying to avoid MM at DL and to show my newbie friends the opening rope drop moment at DCA as well as it will be our only morning begun there) and then cross over to Disneyland in the late morning or early afternoon. Going into the parks at any point on Friday and Saturday are up in the air due to D23 Expo being our first priority and we won't have ticketed access to the parks, only use of my CM MEP pass (which right now is DCA only). Sunday we start off at D23 but have plans to spend from around 3:30 PM til close at DCA (as we have ADR's for lunch and dinner). Monday is our last day at the parks, we primarily expect to be using it for more time in Disneyland and only crossing over to DCA if absolutely necessary to catch something we've missed or to get one last ride on some of our favorites over there...

So in total. The approximate time spent in DL for our trip will be almost 3 days, minus that bit of time we're planning to spend in DCA the morning of our 2nd day.

Any tip revisions based on that info? Also good note on Savi's also. Did the later return for the Cantina make sense? Or is there a better place to move that??

I thought we got one of the larger lockers on Main St (it was the more expensive locker), but no way would my DH's lightsaber fit in it. It did fit in the largest locker in the picnic area just outside the park (and may have fit in one of the second-largest lockers out there, but we went with the largest since we had no way of measuring before paying).

Thanks for the info! I have rented lockers in both spots before, but never the largest size.

Does anyone know if the locker dimensions are listed anywhere?

I'm going to answer my own question here:

Small Lockers - 9.5" wide, 11" high, 18" deep – $7

Medium Lockers - 12/5 wide, 17" high, 18" deep – $10

Large Lockers - 15" wide, 16.6" deep, 22.6" deep – $11

Extra Large - 15" wide, 23" high, 22.6" deep – $12

Jumbo Lockers - 18" wide, 25" high, 37" deep -$15

The jumbos look like they would accommodate the largest light saber blade, which I think is 36 inches long (someone correct me if I'm wrong). The jumbos are only available in the Esplanade near the picnic area, as previously stated.

I know this is an option, but I would prefer not to, tbh.

We recently used this service. You check your lightsabers and other large items at the First Order Cargo Shop. Then at the end of the day it is waiting for you at Stroller Rental just outside the park. It was easy, fast, and convenient. It was the first time I used it and it was way nicer than using a locker which is what I have done in the past.

We recently used this service. You check your lightsabers and other large items at the First Order Cargo Shop. Then at the end of the day it is waiting for you at Stroller Rental just outside the park. It was easy, fast, and convenient. It was the first time I used it and it was way nicer than using a locker which is what I have done in the past.

That's a good tip actually. I think if I end up getting a droid or something, this will be a pretty handy pit-stop to make to dump it off and avoid carrying it around all day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter