New Restaurants at WDW - Favourites

lisaviolet

DIS Veteran
There have been a lot of additions in the last couple of years. And I'm feeling totally out of the loop. Although it is kind of exciting to go from knowing WDW inside and out for years on end, to thinking "Where the heck is that?" :surfweb:

I know I'm being totally lazy :goodvibes but I would be grateful if people could list any of the newer openings that they love - even for ambiance, whether it be for a snack, QS or TS. Park or not.

I have been able to try out Homecoming and Frontera Cocina. But other than those two I am feeling like I have no clue what has come to WDW in the last couple of years.

We really enjoyed Satu'li Canteen in Pandora at AK for a CS meal.

We only had the candied bacon app from The Edison, which was awesome. We also had a few apps at Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar which were good too. Both are in DS.

Also agree with the previous posters with Skipper Canteen and Tiffins being really good meals.

I agree about Skipper's and Tiffins. I think Flying Fish has changed their menu since you have been there, it's pretty good. Nomad Lounge at AK is great and HBD in HS now has an outside lounge which is first come, first served, seat yourself. Smaller menu but still great.

AK - Tiffins is wonderful. Nomad lounge next to it is great for a break. Satu'li Canteen is one of our favorite QS restaurants in WDW.
MK - Skipper Canteen has good food and lots of fun if you have the right server. Ask for one of the smaller rooms
Flying Fish remodeled and new menu. Still very good food.
DS - enjoy Raglan Road not sure if that was there when you were there last time), Polite Pig ahs good BBQ. Lots of great places to eat there.
EPCOT - Monsieur Paul replaced Bistro de France.

Satu'li Canteen is awesome! We bypass all the TS restaurants at AK now because we really love the food here. Seriously. There are times I am at home thinking about what to have for lunch and suddenly I start thinking about those amazing Satu'li bowls!! We do like Nomad at AK as well - it's a great place to relax and have a few drinks. Sometimes we will order an appetizer or two and they have all been good.

There are a lot of new places at DS that we want to try. Our favorites are Homecomin' and The Boathouse.

We haven't tried Skipper Canteen at MK yet. I have had a few ADRs scheduled but then I end up cancelling them as I have read several reviews saying that the food is extremely salty (like even saltier than all the other incredibly salty food at WDW in general). I'm wondering if that has changed as I haven't seen as many reports that include the words "salt lick" in them recently. :crazy2:

We really enjoyed Satu'li Canteen in Pandora at AK for a CS meal.

We only had the candied bacon app from The Edison, which was awesome. We also had a few apps at Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar which were good too. Both are in DS.

Well I didn't know any of these :scratchin, so thank you! Looks like someone needs some more park time. :rolleyes1:goodvibes

I agree about Skipper's and Tiffins. I think Flying Fish has changed their menu since you have been there, it's pretty good.

Well been going to WDW since way before Flying Fish opened, and many trips at the BW and still have never eaten at Flying Fish. :drinking1:laughing: . So ridiculous.

MK - Skipper Canteen has good food and lots of fun if you have the right server. Ask for one of the smaller rooms

Thanks for the smaller room suggestion. Can't wait to try it.

"Satu'li" !!!

One word! Well that says a lot. :thumbsup2:goodvibes

I think AK is one place where for whatever reason I am out of the loop for new experiences.

Satu'li Canteen is awesome! We bypass all the TS restaurants at AK now because we really love the food here. Seriously. There are times I am at home thinking about what to have for lunch and suddenly I start thinking about those amazing Satu'li bowls!!

Going to check out the menu. Thanks.

Totally OT but I really like the look/feeling of Animal Kingdom, especially at night. It has a beautiful, mystical quality about it after the sun sets.

Polite Pig is very good in DS. My wife got three of their vegetables as a quick service lunch which she loved and I thought the Brisket was some of the best I have ever had.

Polite Pig is very good in DS. My wife got three of their vegetables as a quick service lunch which she loved and I thought the Brisket was some of the best I have ever had.

Interesting sides ----

Tomato and Watermelon Salad
Roasted Beets
BBQ Cauliflower
Crispy Brussels Sprouts
Grilled Corn
Sweet Potato Tots
Southern Potato Salad
Mac and Cheese
Baked Beans

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter