New pirate makeover experience!

This sounds very cool. My niece LOVES the BBB and being made into a princess but I think she will love being made into a pirate just as much. I don't think this location will be as much for boys as it will be for all - even grown ups if this thread is any indication

Sounds interesting. Can't wait to read more about this as the time nears. We go in August. I think my DS's would be interested if anything my DH.

It seems like we're all guessing that the price might be on par with BBB, but can somebody tell me what that is? I've only had experience with boys at WDW so I have no idea! Thanks!

The policy is that in order to get a makeover at the BBB the princess must be at least 3 years old. I have seen them do hair on African American children so I am sure that they are equipped to do so.

Pricing at the BBB is anywhere from $50 (hair/makeup) all the way to around $150+ for hair/makeup/nails & full costume.

FINALLY - something special for the boys!!) :thumbsup2

Now if we can get a Buzz Lightyear/Woody/etc. character meal the World will be equal!

That actually sounds cool. I hope the details are out before my August trip. I may have to do this for my 4 year old!

That sounds awesome! I was feeling guilty that my daughter was getting the BBB makeover, now my son can get something as well!!

This is awesome, but so unfair! Why couldn't it be ready by May? pirate:

I hope they let adults do this, because I would love to try it on a future trip!

My boys are going to love doing this. Too bad it won't be open while we are there in June. Oh well, we can always do it in November. pirate:

WooHoo. Thank you Disney for listening to us...
We are going in the middle of July! I hope this is open by then. My DD 17 is going to be doing the segway tour and the only thing I could find for my son 6was the pirate cruise. Now I can have this done before the pirate cruise so he will really look the part. I can't wait to hear more details!
I agree about the boys character meals. My son wouldn't enjoy the princesses and is too old for Pooh. We have done Chef Mickey's many times and we need something different. Buzz, Woody, Incredibles, Cars, etc- that would be GREAT!!!

AMEN!! Now if they would just get the one about needing a boy-themed character meal...

Seriously! A Toy Story meal would be great. And frankly, I wish they'd turn Sci-Fi into a Cars theme, but that's probably just me. I can just imagine sitting in a "Mater" truck, lol.

Anyway, glad to hear they're doing something for the boys. I have a little girl that would love to be dressed up as anything, pirate princess included. I wonder if they'll have the Elizabeth Swan outfit or like a pirate Minnie for girls. That would be cute. We're going July 10-19, so if I can get us in, we might just have to try it. Very cool.

SOOOO excited to read this!!:woohoo: Our trip ends June 27, I wonder if by CHANCE they will be open then...could be a reason to extend our trip...:scratchin

Seriously! A Toy Story meal would be great. And frankly, I wish they'd turn Sci-Fi into a Cars theme, but that's probably just me. I can just imagine sitting in a "Mater" truck, lol.

That is an awesome idea! They could show the Cartoons ie. Mater tails that they show on the Disney Channel on the big screen and the Pixar shorts especialy the one of all the Cars acting the parts of the other Pixar movies. They could have the Lightning McQueen and Mater meet and greet inside so you would get to meet them as well. We would love that!

Anyway, glad to hear they're doing something for the boys. I have a little girl that would love to be dressed up as anything, pirate princess included. I wonder if they'll have the Elizabeth Swan outfit or like a pirate Minnie for girls. That would be cute. We're going July 10-19, so if I can get us in, we might just have to try it. Very cool.

Those are great ideas. I'd totally go to the Sci-Fi if they turned it into Flo's V8 Cafe! :)

Can anyone post any updates on this?

Everything published says June, but the Special Events people don't even think it will be done by the end of July. :(

This should be cool. I can send the DD to do the princess thing and then DS can go do the pirate thing. Disney is always finding another way to squeeze some cash outta me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter