New (Made-Up) Position -- WDW VP of Guest Comfort --- WWYD?

Before you call me a resort snob, do yourself a favor and reread my posts and what they were in respond to. I responded to the ignorance of stating that bus shades and fridges will make value a moderate. If not liking value makes me a snob then yes, I am. I prefer to pay a bit more and get much more, sue me.

Where did anyone say that adding those things would make them a moderate. People were answering the ops question and said those things should be added to the values as they are pretty much standard at all hotels that compare to moderates. You seem to take offence to that and started to put down the values.

Where did anyone say that adding those things would make them a moderate. People were answering the ops question and said those things should be added to the values as they are pretty much standard at all hotels that compare to moderates. You seem to take offence to that and started to put down the values.

Posts #59 and #62 and between those someone else got the same point as me and pretty much bounced on the same ignorant wall.

I would add shaded areas to the value resort bus stops because the heat while waiting is one of my biggest gripes at the Allstars. I don't see how shade at a bus stop would turn a value into a moderate.

Before you call me a resort snob, do yourself a favor and reread my posts and what they were in respond to. I responded to the ignorance of stating that bus shades and fridges will make value a moderate. If not liking value makes me a snob then yes, I am. I prefer to pay a bit more and get much more, sue me.

Nah, as long as you don't look down your nose at the people who prefer value resorts, you wouldn't qualify as a resort snob in my book. :goodvibes

When I want more, I pay for it. We have stayed in most of the resorts at every level, and each has been great in its own way. When I want an inexpensive vacation, I stay at the value resorts. I don't expect as much from the value resorts. (Still, it wouldn't cost much to put up shade sails. ;)) I am fine without them, but I am young and strong. I can see how it might be a bit more of a concern to the infirm...

Nah, as long as you don't look down your nose at the people who prefer value resorts, you wouldn't qualify as a resort snob in my book. :goodvibes

When I want more, I pay for it. We have stayed in most of the resorts at every level, and each has been great in its own way. When I want an inexpensive vacation, I stay at the value resorts. I don't expect as much from the value resorts. (Still, it wouldn't cost much to put up shade sails. ;)) I am fine without them, but I am young and strong. I can see how it might be a bit more of a concern to the infirm...

Exactly !!!:thumbsup2

Posts #59 and #62 and between those someone else got the same point as me and pretty much bounced on the same ignorant wall.

If you also go back and read some of those post, I disagreed with that poster as did others. Your started to comment on the makeup of the value resorts and the "basic" nature. People showed you how this was wrong, yet you still disagreed with them.

Perhaps it wasn't your intent, but the way your phrased your responses made you sound like a resort snob. No one said you (or anyone else) has to like all the resorts but when people make things up that are not true, they are going to get called on it.

Exactly !!!:thumbsup2

If you also go back and read some of those post, I disagreed with that poster as did others. Your started to comment on the makeup of the value resorts and the "basic" nature. People showed you how this was wrong, yet you still disagreed with them.

Perhaps it wasn't your intent, but the way your phrased your responses made you sound like a resort snob. No one said you (or anyone else) has to like all the resorts but when people make things up that are not true, they are going to get called on it.

I like strawberries!

I'm going to move this over to the theme parks community board.

I'm going to move this over to the theme parks community board.

I am shocked this thread got moved.....and not Closed.

Loosening the belt I see.

OK.... let's get back to the topic of why Values are just beds, and Moderates are so much more..... I mean....What would you do if your were VP of Guest Comfort.

"Basic" is a word that describes value or 2*s resorts, it is a termin widely used, not "made up", well I provided link before, and pretty much can post a link from every travel site to support what I already said. You can still love resort, different people, different taste but do not lie to yourself that higher level resorts are not better in ammenities and other things, you may not like/want what they provide but they do provide much more and you get exactly what you pay for. You said you would get rid of labels Value, Moderate and Deluxe, so nobody would be able to be a snob. Do you really think people will not figure out difference between Poly and POP? Sorry but it sounds like denial to me.
And as for twisting my words(by other poster, not you), and calling me names, it does not support a point, only shows opponent weakness and lack of skills to have a discussion insted of fight.

"Basic" is a word that describes value or 2*s resorts, it is a termin widely used, not "made up", well I provided link before, and pretty much can post a link from every travel site to support what I already said. You can still love resort, different people, different taste but do not lie to yourself that higher level resorts are not better in ammenities and other things, you may not like/want what they provide but they do provide much more and you get exactly what you pay for. You said you would get rid of labels Value, Moderate and Deluxe, so nobody would be able to be a snob. Do you really think people will not figure out difference between Poly and POP? Sorry but it sounds like denial to me.
And as for twisting my words(by other poster, not you), and calling me names, it does not support a point, only shows opponent weakness and lack of skills to have a discussion insted of fight.

You're not getting it.

I never said that higher level resorts provide more amenities. I, and others, disputed your claim that values, such as POP, don't give you things like trees, quiet areas, shade, etc. In fact you implied that the most exciting thing was to sit and count the red cars in the parking lot. That is why I feel that you are looking down your nose at the values.

Again, the comment about adding those two basic amenities, fridge and free WiFi, was in response to the OPs question. The suggestion to get rid of the labels was made in jest, at the expense of those who look down on lower level resorts.

You're not getting it.

I never said that higher level resorts provide more amenities. I, and others, disputed your claim that values, such as POP, don't give you things like trees, quiet areas, shade, etc. In fact you implied that the most exciting thing was to sit and count the red cars in the parking lot. That is why I feel that you are looking down your nose at the values.

Again, the comment about adding those two basic amenities, fridge and free WiFi, was in response to the OPs question. The suggestion to get rid of the labels was made in jest, at the expense of those who look down on lower level resorts.

My whole respond was in respond to that post, poster claimed no difference in resorts, same trees, same beds and so on, and this is why I showed the difference, since we were talking about values, I illustrated my point from value side but it was all part of the same story. Values trees do not give shade to walkways, there are no secluded seating areas like "Parrot Island" in CBR, there is no arguing here they buit differently, you cannot say it is not true. Those are parts of lanscaping and design and this is one of major separation of value and moderate by book. Not that they do not have trees but they do not have enough/wrong kind to create a shade when you compare. The activities provided available only at ASMU or ASMO, not sure, not other 3 resorts. I stayed at POP in 2008, we had no activities at all(I am not counting pool, it is given). That is why I said, to me POP was a disaster, since we spend lots of time in resort, yet I never said anything bad about people who stays there, different needs/wants. Sure if you take a separate post and read it without background you will get impression that it was nose downing and that is why I say read the whole story. I felt snobizm toward moderates and Deluxe and this is why I continued the conversation and I must say at some point, I belive my oponent lost the thread of original argument and started twisting my words and getting personal on me and that is when all argument got lost completely. Although my words were twisted, I never suggested any dramatic changes except adding WiFi and fridges, yet the other poster blamed me in wanting to change values to the point when you cannot recognize it anymore, go figure.:confused3 Just to make it clear, I do believe, you get what you paid for and I do believe people have different needs and so are free to get what they want. I do not like value at all, so I do pay more to get more but I do not look down at anyone who does not.

All right, break it up already! We get it.

I agree with the free WiFi. There's no reason Disney can't have amenities that equal lower-end hotels have in all their resorts, like WiFi and movies on demand. I've never stayed in a moderate or deluxe (no, wait, what was Disney Institute? That was nice), but I sure hope to some day! What could be improved there? Additional larger rooms/family suites? More food choices? I realize it's not really "comfort," but it would be nice to have a more standard cost structure for the rooms -- not so many price changes within categories. It can be really tough to understand how much an individual resort will cost! What else could you improve now that I've promoted you?

Erin

What could be improved there? Additional larger rooms/family suites?
Ah, gee - there's one nobody's mentioned (and I'm pretty sure I've read the entire thread) - more family suites!!!!! Okay, erincon23 - you're hired :teeth:

or at least in the moderate and deluxe ones in keeping with the theme of the value ones being bare-bones..

well, except for this. values are not"bare bones.slightly smaller rooms, no full service rest., no slides. but we have stayed(and will continue to) at all 3 types of resorts, and love them all. I despise the "caste system" mentality.

Just something that bothered me during our NYE trip was that it was difficult to find something quick to eat. We saw very few places that you could grab a quick hot dog, corn dog, churro, popcorn or something like that. I was just really surprised not to see numerous 'cart' vendors around the park.
how true!!! we would love to stop by a cart to grab a bratwurst, or corn dog!!!no fries, no apple slices. how about a chicago style hot dog? justthe hot dog?

My number one mandate would be to ditch the Nescafe contract and get some real, delicious coffee...maybe even open a real coffee house in the Boardwalk area.
I really don't care, but hubby would love this!!! (I would like to see more hot tea available, but that includes anywhere[/Bl

]
2. Return smoking rooms/buildings and charge more for them.
this won't happen, but jsut had to agree

Yes, yes, yes. Animal Kingdom is awesome at night. You can only ride Everest at night during PM EMH (no good if you are just coming in for the day) or extended hours season at Christmastime. Riding Everest at night was one of our must-dos during our Christmas trip, I knew we wouldn't have another oppurtunity for several months at least. It is WONDERFUL at night!

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 hubby doesn't see well in the dark, esp. after coming in from the light. therefore, we save many dark rides for after dark , ie; haunted mansion, pirates, peter pan.

AK closes SO early, and trying to time the shows is a pain. you have to pick only one show for EMH, which leaves little time to get over to Everest, so he can actually SEE the Yedi. and still make Dinosaur, so he can see the dinosaurs.
and it IS so pretty at night! primevil whirl is prettier at night, too. give us some "night" at AK!!!!

First of all, I would upgrade all resorts to have what the cheapest off-property hotels have:

* Free internet in all resorts.
* Free refrigerators in all resorts (I remember when you had to pay for them at all resorts, not just the values!).
* Free coffee makers in all resorts.

* Replace Atlantic Dance on the Boardwalk with a restaurant venue with counter service options.

i am always amazed that I get a fridge and microwave at the cheapest days inn In GA on the trip down, and not at the value resorts(OR Dolphin:confused3 or the universal resorts:confused3) I don't agree about taking away yet another adult venue. they already did away with pleasure Island.

I would probably suggest having some sort of frequent visitor program, and I'm not talking about D23. I think there should be some sort of special discounts or incentives for frequent visitors.

what is D23? I agree with you. and I think twice a year quaifies for frequent visitor, even though it doesn't make sense to buy an AP (unless you plan on spending every single day in the parks)

Free mini fridges and microwaves in all rooms. A lot of budget motels have them and are cheaper than the values. Of course, they aren't located in Disney. Just the same, I don't consider mini fridges and microwaves a high end luxury.

Redbox or some kind of in room movie rental service.

Frozen Coke machines in all resorts. We really missed them on our last stay at Pop.

I want to add, hot tubs for adults only!!! aand a few more reasonably priced adults only venues. we love Karaokee at the Swan. one night, it was great, the next night, even though it was 10 pm, there was a LONG rotation of singers, because of the 10 or more tween girls, sitting crosslegged in front of the stage.. your little girl is cute and all, but no one really wants to hear her sing except you. after dinner hours, it's a night club.

Seriously, so if I want to find a secluded, shaded spot to read a book, how can I do it at POP or if I like to rent a little boat or ride a bike can I do it at POP and what exactly can I do there execpt riding elevator? I never stayed at POR/POFQ but CBR and CSR are so much better then value.

the reason wwe like POP over the other values is: there ARE quiet ares, along the lake. we sit on the benches for a long time, with few people walking past us. and there is much more fflora at pop than at the all stars,. it's really pretty. and there a re really 2 main pools. the bowling pin pool is like a main pool.
but kelly, since you like mods, you should try POR. POFQ, actually only has one pool, no table service rest., and the "slide" is so tiny, only the little kids like it. (don't get me wwrong, it's still a beautiful resort! )

I'm going to put this post back on track.

-Fixed price hotels. $75 Value, $125 Moderate, and $200 Deluxe. It does not matter the season. This way we could do away with room pin codes. Club level is an additional $25. For DVC resorts...$225 Studio, $275 One BDRM, $325 Two BDRM, and $400 for the Three BDRM.

-Going back to the original DDP. App, Entree, Dessert, Tip. $ 40 per Adult, $10 per Child. (Parents of Children who are between the ages of 10 and 15 have the option to stay with the kids plan, or to upgrade to the adult plan. That way if you have a picky eater, you don't feel as if you are being ripped off once the child turns 10)

-Fridges, Microwaves, and Hi-Speed in all rooms. If you don't use them, that is fine. They are standard, like beds.

-Loyalty program. For those guests that have been, but keep coming back. I know not all come back every year, so AP's wouldn't be a benefit. Each trip, after your first, you accumulate points. One point per night. Points are worth $10 Disney Dollars each. What you do with them is up to you. They never expire. You can leave them on your account, and only take them when you want to. They do roll over with each trip, so you don't have to stress about using them by the end of your stay.

-Free Continental breakfast in all resorts. (Juice, muffins, bagels, and fruit.)

The public has spoken, and I am going to try and meet all demands.

do away with pin codes??!!:scared1:well, we fot them twice, but the "room only codes' got us pop in early dec. for $45 a night! and you want a fixed $75?
but I LOVE all your other ideas, esp. the point accumulation!!!! but, then again, it's your thread, and you're "queen fot the day" :rotfl:(anyone else remember a game show in the 60's called that?)

I was there and this is why I can say there is nothing there to do or enjoy, can you name any activities provided by resort, except pool and arcade provided by every resort, even the cheapest offsites? As somebody said, if you spend all time in parks and only need a place to eat and sleep then yes value is perfect but if you like me spend a lot of time in resort then sorry, you can not enjoy Motel6 with oversized decor, JMHO.

hubby and I do not spend all our time in the parks. we have seen everything at the parks and love to spend relax time at the resorts. we love lying by the pool, reading,and looking at the big bowling pins, or lady and the tramp, or mowgli, or big yo-yos. makes us 50ish people feel like kids. we love to make a cocktail, and stroll along the lake, sit on a bench, feed the birds (did I say that?) . now, the contemporary? talk about blah themeing! but, we love the mods, too. love POR. , but then, we miss palm trees there. mix and match., split stays are great!!! bit of this, bit of that!

i am always amazed that I get a fridge and microwave at the cheapest days inn In GA on the trip down, and not at the value resorts(OR Dolphin:confused3 or the universal resorts:confused3)
Competition. Disney's Value resorts, and the Dolphin, and the Universal properties, don't need to provide refrigerators in every room to entice customers. People will stay there anyway. The Value resorts only, ultimately, compete with each other; ditto for the three onsite Universal resorts (yes, even though they're in different price ranges with different amenities - there's nothing comparable to being onsite at USF except, well, being onsite there); Dolphin with the Swan - so, assuming the Swan does offer free refrigerators, Guests who want those can opt for that hotel. Days Inn needs to compete with Quality Inn, Holiday Inn Express, etc., so they'll provide/offer similar amenities.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter