New (Made-Up) Position -- WDW VP of Guest Comfort --- WWYD?

That is the whole point of a Value resort, to provide basic services. Some of us don't want all of the extras that others do, or do not want to pay for them on every trip. Why upgrade those resorts to the point that they are not Value anymore?:confused3

By the way, it is the All Star Music that has the fun and games and movies by the pool. And as an adult I did enjoy the movies. It was very fun to swim after a long day in the parks and watch a Disney movie at the same time.

Not every resort appeals to every person. But don't make a resort over into something you think it should be, just because it doesn't appeal to you personally. Many of us love the Value resorts just as they are, and are happy to have a low-cost, basic option for our Disney vacations.

By the way, while I may consider a web-sites opinion when I choose a resort, I don't hold it up as the-most-important-opinion-ever. :rolleyes1 It is no more important than people's personal experience, probably less so, as most web-sites have an agenda of their own they are trying to press.

I agree with you that everyone has different needs/wants and for many value is just enough, esp. if people spend the whole day at parks, however my point is adding fridge and WiFi to rooms will not bring value to moderate level, to do so they need much more, basically rebuilding resorts to provide bigger rooms, plant trees, add activities and more.

Sorry, KristenHoneymooner, but I don't get the logic in that. I understand the desire, but either something is locked 'in the vault' or it's accessible to even a portion of the audience/customer base. It can't be 'in the vault' and be available for purchase anywhere (at least, anywhere official or legitimate). I'm not arguing with you, and as I said, I see the desire, but 'in the vault' by [Disney's] definition means inaccessible, not available for purchase anywhere.:confused3

I agree with you that everyone has different needs/wants and for many value is just enough, esp. if people spend the whole day at parks, however my point is adding fridge and WiFi to rooms will not bring value to moderate level, to do so they need much more, basically rebuilding resorts to provide bigger rooms, plant trees, add activities and more.

No one said that those additions would bring them to a moderate level. People have argued two things:

1. Add those things because you are the new vp
  2. add those things because pretty much every hotel that falls in this class provides those amenities now.

But Value resorts already have trees, activities, and rooms that are not noticably smaller. You keep trying to pretend that is not so, but it is!

But Value resorts already have trees, activities, and rooms that are not noticably smaller. You keep trying to pretend that is not so, but it is!

When you need to do a general furniture movement to place an extra bed, size difference is very noticable. Trees do exist but very limited and resorts not green/shaded by any means. Activities, well movies played only at one of the resorts and if you call CMs playing in water with little kids THE activity, good for you, but my family does not have little kids so it is useless to me or any other adult. Sure there are activities like walking and watching oversized decor, but this is about it. I say exactly the way resort is, basic, nothing more, if you want to pretend there is much more and it is same as moderate, well, it is up to you.

No one said that those additions would bring them to a moderate level. People have argued two things:

1. Add those things because you are the new vp
  2. add those things because pretty much every hotel that falls in this class provides those amenities now.

Someone here pointed that if you upgrade rooms with fridges and WiFi, people will not pay for Moderates then, so this is why I illustrated all the difference between those categories and how upgrading will not make those same, that is all.

Someone here pointed that if you upgrade rooms with fridges and WiFi, people will not pay for Moderates then, so this is why I illustrated all the difference between those categories and how upgrading will not make those same, that is all.

The Queen size beds at CSR make a big difference to me.

When you need to do a general furniture movement to place an extra bed, size difference is very noticable. Trees do exist but very limited and resorts not green/shaded by any means. Activities, well movies played only at one of the resorts and if you call CMs playing in water with little kids THE activity, good for you, but my family does not have little kids so it is useless to me or any other adult. Sure there are activities like walking and watching oversized decor, but this is about it. I say exactly the way resort is, basic, nothing more, if you want to pretend there is much more and it is same as moderate, well, it is up to you.

There is no pretending needed, those are all real points. My view outside the room at ASMu was pretty much a jungle view! :rotfl2: Plus, there were many adults enjoying the many activities they had, and they all didn't include playing in the water! But I'm guessing you didn't notice them.

You seem very biased against Value resorts, while I like all different levels of Disney resorts, for different reasons. Disney has it right, they need to have different resorts to fit different needs. And I don't always need a room that is only slightly larger than those at the Values. Or a few extra trees here or there. But I do enjoy the over the top, in your face decor of the Value resorts every so often. Why not have all of those options available? Just becasue you don't enjoy a certain type of resort, that doesn't mean it should be changed to the point of being unrecognizable.

Just becasue the Value resorts are not your thing is no reason to be so insulting of them. Some of us think they are great just the way they are!

There is no pretending needed, those are all real points. My view outside the room at ASMu was pretty much a jungle view! :rotfl2: Plus, there were many adults enjoying the many activities they had, and they all didn't include playing in the water! But I'm guessing you didn't notice them.

You seem very biased against Value resorts, while I like all different levels of Disney resorts, for different reasons. Disney has it right, they need to have different resorts to fit different needs. And I don't always need a room that is only slightly larger than those at the Values. Or a few extra trees here or there. But I do enjoy the over the top, in your face decor of the Value resorts every so often. Why not have all of those options available? Just becasue you don't enjoy a certain type of resort, that doesn't mean it should be changed to the point of being unrecognizable.

You right I did not notice any adult activities at POP, there were none. Where did you see that I suggest changes to value.:confused3 WiFi and fridge will not change anything but providing what is already provided by most offsites on the same level. I do not enjoy value since I spend lot of time in resort, it is important to me to be able to rent a boat or bike or lay in the hammock(SP) or read in a shade or relax in a hottub. That is me. Just because I speak facts, does not make me biased against value, and just because you enjoy value, does not make them more then they are.

You right I did not notice any adult activities at POP, there were none. Where did you see that I suggest changes to value.:confused3 WiFi and fridge will not change anything but providing what is already provided by most offsites on the same level. I do not enjoy value since I spend lot of time in resort, it is important to me to be able to rent a boat or bike or lay in the hammock(SP) or read in a shade or relax in a hottub. That is me. Just because I speak facts, does not make me biased against value, and just because you enjoy value, does not make them more then they are.

I will say that when I know I am going to spend time hanging out at the resort, I do stay at a Moderate or Deluxe resort. I enjoy the nicer pool areas, and the surrey bikes. :thumbsup2

But your saying that there are not trees, or a place to relax at the Value resorts is not stating facts. Saying there are only activities for small children at the Value resorts is not a fact.

Dislike the Values if you must. But please don't make false statements about them to suport your point of view.

I think we need a VP of Guest Comfort to smooth out the tension here.

Can't we all just get along!!!

:confused3

I will say that when I know I am going to spend time hanging out at the resort, I do stay at a Moderate or Deluxe resort. I enjoy the nicer pool areas, and the surrey bikes. :thumbsup2

But your saying that there are not trees, or a place to relax at the Value resorts is not stating facts. Saying there are only activities for small children at the Value resorts is not a fact.

Dislike the Values if you must. But please don't make false statements about them to suport your point of view.

I state there are not enough trees to create a shade, and there are no seating shaded nor secluded areas to relax, exactly how it is false statement.
You keep twisting my words but when it comes to activities, all you can say "many activities", can you name something besides watching movies since it is only in 1 resort out of 4, I do not count spa/health club and night club of CSR since it is only at CSR. You can like value and it is OPINION, I do not like and it is also OPINION, however description of hotel, amenities and so on is a FACT and it is basic, nothing else. I really do not understand why you do not accept facts.:confused3

I state there are not enough trees to create a shade, and there are no seating shaded nor secluded areas to relax, exactly how it is false statement.
You keep twisting my words but when it comes to activities, all you can say "many activities", can you name something besides watching movies since it is only in 1 resort out of 4, I do not count spa/health club and night club of CSR since it is only at CSR. You can like value and it is OPINION, I do not like and it is also OPINION, however description of hotel, amenities and so on is a FACT and it is basic, nothing else. I really do not understand why you do not accept facts.:confused3

There are more activites at the Delxue resorts than at the Moderates or Value resorts. That is a fact. There are more activities at the Moderates than at the Values. That is a fact. And I have never said otherwise.

However, there are activites at the Value resorts. Swimming, movies, bingo, scavenger hunts, those are the activities I witnessed during my stay at ASMu. That is a fact. As a guest at any All Star resort you are able to participate in all of those activites. That is a fact. Different activities than are offered at the Moderate or Deluxe resorts, sure. But activities just the same. There are all sorts of trees around the Value resorts, they are not "limited". That is a fact.

Maybe the Value resorts don't meet your expectations, but I enjoy them. And that too is a fact!

I have to say that the reason I am running on so about this subject is that I feel this poster doesn't like the Value resorts, and therfore, wants to change them into something they would like. And to prove their point has to put down the Value resorts, which really puts down the people that enjoy them. Should I then post that I think that people who usually stay at Deluxe resorts are wasteful for wanting larger rooms, or silly for wasting time hanging out at the resort when they have all of WDW to enjoy?

We can have opposing points of view without having to put down what another person enjoys. Done here. I don't feel the need to continue arguing.

There are more activites at the Delxue resorts than at the Moderates or Value resorts. That is a fact. There are more activities at the Moderates than at the Values. That is a fact. And I have never said otherwise.

However, there are activites at the Value resorts. Swimming, movies, bingo, scavenger hunts, those are the activities I witnessed during my stay at ASMu. That is a fact. As a guest at any All Star resort you are able to participate in all of those activites. That is a fact. Different activities than are offered at the Moderate or Deluxe resorts, sure. But activities just the same. There are all sorts of trees around the Value resorts, they are not "limited". That is a fact.

Maybe the Value resorts don't meet your expectations, but I enjoy them. And that too is a fact!

I have to say that the reason I am running on so about this subject is that I feel this poster doesn't like the Value resorts, and therfore, wants to change them into something they would like. And to prove their point has to put down the Value resorts, which really puts down the people that enjoy them. Should I then post that I think that people who usually stay at Deluxe resorts are wasteful for wanting larger rooms, or silly for wasting time hanging out at the resort when they have all of WDW to enjoy?

We can have opposing points of view without having to put down what another person enjoys. Done here. I don't feel the need to continue arguing.

OMG, so stating facts put people down, then I am sorry. You do not seem to even read my posts, where did you see that I suggested changes:confused3
If you cannot stand facts or different then yours opinions, do not answer but do not twist my words, I am tired setting record straight, not worth it.

OMG, so stating facts put people down, then I am sorry. You do not seem to even read my posts, where did you see that I suggested changes:confused3
If you cannot stand facts or different then yours opinions, do not answer but do not twist my words, I am tired setting record straight, not worth it.

Reading your posts is what makes it seem you look down at the value resorts. I believe the term used here is a resort snob.

Reading your posts is what makes it seem you look down at the value resorts. I believe the term used here is a resort snob.

Before you call me a resort snob, do yourself a favor and reread my posts and what they were in respond to. I responded to the ignorance of stating that bus shades and fridges will make value a moderate. If not liking value makes me a snob then yes, I am. I prefer to pay a bit more and get much more, sue me.

Come up with something besides Jellyrolls that remains open after midnight.

I agree with PP's who mentioned WiFi and good coffee. I would also change the bus transportation to minimize wait times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter