New Layout Photo of MK Hub

RJMC

Mouseketeer
From the disneyparks video channel today - the new pathways and landscaping for the Magic Kingdom hub

MagicKingdomEnhancements.jpeg

From the disneyparks video channel today - the new pathways and landscaping for the Magic Kingdom hub

MagicKingdomEnhancements.jpeg

This is going to make the hub so more enjoyable. You will actually be able to navigate without being elbow to elbow with other people.

I like the little castle themed additions.

However, I don't like that the table seating near the water appears to be going away.

I like the little castle themed additions.

However, I don't like that the table seating near the water appears to be going away.

From following the hub expansion on another board; the expansion of the hub will either change the slope down to the water making meeting ADA requirements nearly impossible, or it isn't ADA compliant presently and Disney will lose that area being ADA grandfathered, so the water front stuff will be remove altogether.

Interesting that Disney's release doesn't really show the two new paths opposite the castle and what of the moat that they will cover.

Here is a mockup someone else has done based on the leaked plans. Disney's shows less green space kept.

Overlay3_zpseaa67eb9.jpg

From following the hub expansion on another board; the expansion of the hub will change the slope down to the water making meeting ADA requirements nearly impossible so the water front stuff will be remove altogether.

Interesting that Disney's release doesn't really show the two new paths opposite the castle and what of the moat that they will cover.

Here is a mockup someone else has done based on the leaked plans. Disney's shows less green space kept.

Overlay3_zpseaa67eb9.jpg

The picture the OP posted is just a screenshot from the video. As the video continues, they zoom out and you can see those paths.

The picture the OP posted is just a screenshot from the video. As the video continues, they zoom out and you can see those paths.
that picture is a mockup based on the info given prior to the official announcement I would use disneys picture instead of the mockup much more accurate.

should definitely improve traffic flow and provide better/increased viewing for Wishes (as well as the castle shows throughout the day). it just makes a lot of sense - and things that that make a lot sense rarely happens.

From following the hub expansion on another board; the expansion of the hub will either change the slope down to the water making meeting ADA requirements nearly impossible, or it isn't ADA compliant presently and Disney will lose that area being ADA grandfathered, so the water front stuff will be remove altogether.

Overlay3_zpseaa67eb9.jpg

Are you talking about the water around the tomorrowland and castle area?

How are they going to actually be working on this? Is it something they're doing at night or will the Hub just be closed down or will it just be done in small sections?

How are they going to actually be working on this? Is it something they're doing at night or will the Hub just be closed down or will it just be done in small sections?
they will most likely be doing this in small sections. They have drained the moat already and will probably start with that and move along with it being done prior or in November of 2015.

I would see them doing small sections walling off parts of the outer hub and working on them, one area I find interesting and haven't seen too much conversation is the additional castle elements these are replacing the old ticket booths closest to the castle and being removed closest to main street. The castle booths contain lighting for the various stage shows. how will the lighting remain while the building is removed and replaced, plus it looks like the seating area that once housed the swan boat queue is being removed

I would see them doing small sections walling off parts of the outer hub and working on them, one area I find interesting and haven't seen too much conversation is the additional castle elements these are replacing the old ticket booths closest to the castle and being removed closest to main street. The castle booths contain lighting for the various stage shows. how will the lighting remain while the building is removed and replaced, plus it looks like the seating area that once housed the swan boat queue is being removed
this has been mentioned in other threads I would assume Disney has a way where they won't have any problems. Disney Tokyo has the same castle elements and a very similar hub I think that's where some of the inspiration for this came.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!