New Layout Photo of MK Hub

From following the hub expansion on another board; the expansion of the hub will either change the slope down to the water making meeting ADA requirements nearly impossible, or it isn't ADA compliant presently and Disney will lose that area being ADA grandfathered, so the water front stuff will be remove altogether.
There is no grandfathered ADA thing going on when they do this much. ALL of it will have to meet ADA requirements now.

Where is the Partner's statue in the new plan? Have they moved it or is it just the way they have rendered the image?

Ok I am just now hearing about the construction that will be done to the Hub. I am a bit confused. Will they be removing the water around the castle? When is they construction sceduled to start? We are going in May 2014. Any one know what we will be faced with in reguards to the construction to the Hub at that time? We were hoping to get a good family picture in front of the castle will this not be an option now?

Ok I am just now hearing about the construction that will be done to the Hub. I am a bit confused. Will they be removing the water around the castle? When is they construction sceduled to start? We are going in May 2014. Any one know what we will be faced with in reguards to the construction to the Hub at that time? We were hoping to get a good family picture in front of the castle will this not be an option now?
construction has already started the moats are drained and the swan boat dock is being removed. The only water that will be removed is the part closest to Main Street, no water that is directly surrounding the castle will be removed. The moats are all drained right now for routine maintenance and then the small sections that will be filled in. Most of the work done now and the next couple of months is work with the moat and the outer sections of the hub. The new parade starts tomorrow they are not going to shut down the whole hub at one time. I'm sure a lot of work will probably be done at night as well. You should still get a good picture with the castle as long as the crane is gone by then, I don't know they official date as to when that will be taken down. They were taking down the Christmas lights and than they are doing roof work on the castle.

Man this construction really upsets the wife and I. I just can't believe that the spot where I proposed to her in the rose garden is going to be gone forever. I just figured it would safely be there for good since it's so central to the park. I understand the reasoning for it but doesn't take some of the pain and disappointment out. Glad we at least got to show our kids on our last trip where it happened.

Man this construction really upsets the wife and I. I just can't believe that the spot where I proposed to her in the rose garden is going to be gone forever. I just figured it would safely be there for good since it's so central to the park. I understand the reasoning for it but doesn't take some of the pain and disappointment out. Glad we at least got to show our kids on our last trip where it happened.

Just get the gps coordinates on your phone-- It may look different, but the spot will still be there! lol.

Are there trees currently in the hub surrounding the Walt Disney statue? In the video you see trees, but are there some now. For some reason I keep telling myself no, but I feel like there are trees. I mean it is not a big deal but I was curios.

It looks like the mini statues around partners will be removed? that's sad. I love the little dumbo one :/

For me I see it as helping the flow of people during things like the Wishes or any of the parades. Its gets very hard to move threw the hub area like a hour before any of the events. I think it will be a great thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter