New FP Additions: Monsters, Inc. & Autopia (as of 2/11/20), and (Soon to Come!) MF:SR

Are there any huge NO-NOs when using Maxpass? I'm so confused about the timing of pulling/waiting/stacking. Worried about messing this up!...
Well, one big thing that your fellow MP/FP using guests really appreciate is when other guests returning to the scanners don't let their families/groups stand around blocking all the scanners and lines! Teach your family/group not to block the other machines and to go through quickly when you scan their FP or when they scan their own. It is so frustrating when no one can scan in and the lines back up because only one family or group is blocking the entire return entrance!

I know it’s packed and that fastpass can slow down some of the lines...but OMG!!! I don’t think I’ve ever seen this ride reach 2 hours!!! View attachment 474317
And this is the bad side of adding FP. To be fair, that probably would have been a 60-minute wait otherwise given overall crowds - I keep seeing people acting like Monster's Inc never got over 10 minutes, and that's just ridiculous, it often had a 25-35 minute wait on even moderate days (especially since Bug's Land closed and took away half of the kid-friendly options in the park)... but you are correct that 120 minutes is insane and never would be reached without a FP line.

And this is the bad side of adding FP. To be fair, that probably would have been a 60-minute wait otherwise given overall crowds - I keep seeing people acting like Monster's Inc never got over 10 minutes, and that's just ridiculous, it often had a 25-35 minute wait on even moderate days (especially since Bug's Land closed and took away half of the kid-friendly options in the park)... but you are correct that 120 minutes is insane and never would be reached without a FP line.
I think the highest I've ever seen it was 55 minutes. It's dropped down now to 60 minutes and fastpasses are all gone.

(especially since Bug's Land closed and took away half of the kid-friendly options in the park)
Yes I really have noticed this effect last two times I visited. Mater's, Little Mermaid, and Monster's Inc have all had longer lines due to loss of Bug's Land. We used to enjoy those as easy breezy fill-ins, but on our last visit no person in my family wanted to wait even 25 minutes for Monster's Inc. I cannot fathom 120 min wait for that ride. The mind boggles. I hope Avengers Campus offers some kind of little kid magnet activity.

There is something happening with Pirates and the queue, whether or not that is for Fastpass or not I don't know.
Last week, they were only using half of the queuing area, and at the point by the doors there was a cast member alternately filling in both sides. It would have been very feasible for the other entrance to the queue to be utilised for Fastpass. In any case, the wait was listed as 35 mins, however we only waited about 15.

Well, one big thing that your fellow MP/FP using guests really appreciate is when other guests returning to the scanners don't let their families/groups stand around blocking all the scanners and lines! Teach your family/group not to block the other machines and to go through quickly when you scan their FP or when they scan their own. It is so frustrating when no one can scan in and the lines back up because only one family or group is blocking the entire return entrance!

Last time I was there I actually experienced 2 times where people intentionally blocked the other scanner. One time I saw a large group go to the one on the left and then a lady had her phone out with the app up and walked over to the one on the right but then she just stood next to it looking at her phone until finally the group on the left all got in line and she joined them! The next time the group just seemed to be unintentionally spread out so I tried to move in and had some difficulty finally convincing one lady to step aside enough for me to squeeze in and scan. I thought they were just oblivious since it was taking them longer to scan than it should but then later they were in line behind us freaking out about it complaining to each other about us getting in front of them (which was really stupid especially considering a moment later a party of 2 was called for and we skipped way ahead regardless -I was glad for that since they were actually starting to scare me a bit!)

Last time I was there I actually experienced 2 times where people intentionally blocked the other scanner. One time I saw a large group go to the one on the left and then a lady had her phone out with the app up and walked over to the one on the right but then she just stood next to it looking at her phone until finally the group on the left all got in line and she joined them! The next time the group just seemed to be unintentionally spread out so I tried to move in and had some difficulty finally convincing one lady to step aside enough for me to squeeze in and scan. I thought they were just oblivious since it was taking them longer to scan than it should but then later they were in line behind us freaking out about it complaining to each other about us getting in front of them (which was really stupid especially considering a moment later a party of 2 was called for and we skipped way ahead regardless -I was glad for that since they were actually starting to scare me a bit!)

Ugh, sometimes I really hate people.

There's also people who will block the "groups of 2" from going up when called :headache:

There is something happening with Pirates and the queue, whether or not that is for Fastpass or not I don't know.
Last week, they were only using half of the queuing area, and at the point by the doors there was a cast member alternately filling in both sides. It would have been very feasible for the other entrance to the queue to be utilised for Fastpass. In any case, the wait was listed as 35 mins, however we only waited about 15.
Was it mid- to late-afternoon on a F! day? They store chairs in a closet under the bridge and shut down one of the lines for a while in order to access them.

Ugh, sometimes I really hate people.

There's also people who will block the "groups of 2" from going up when called :headache:
I think my "winner" so far in this contest is the mom who let her kids block the other scanners (out of total boredom while she couldn't figure out how to find and then scan everyone's FPs) while yelling at anyone using a DAS, "NO! You are WRONG! You DON't have a FP! Blue is WRONG! You CAN't go on the ride!" I was so mad that the CMs wouldn't stop those kids from harassing the DAS users. We ignored the kids, but who knows how many disabled guests they really upset? And the mom never said a thing to her kids. :(

I think my "winner" so far in this contest is the mom who let her kids block the other scanners (out of total boredom while she couldn't figure out how to find and then scan everyone's FPs) while yelling at anyone using a DAS, "NO! You are WRONG! You DON't have a FP! Blue is WRONG! You CAN't go on the ride!" I was so mad that the CMs wouldn't stop those kids from harassing the DAS users. We ignored the kids, but who knows how many disabled guests they really upset? And the mom never said a thing to her kids. :(
This weekend we used DAS for the millennium falcon and when we scanned in a lady was asking the CM at the scanner how come he was letting us “cheat” and go up that ramp. Mind you we had a kid with us and he was all “why did she say we are cheating? What did we do?” 🙄 Disney can bring a lot of rudeness out of people but I’ve just learned to ignore it. That’s was one reason why I got nervous using DAS at first because it lights up blue, but now I could care less

I’ve also seen people argue with the CM’s on why they should be let on even though they don’t have a fastpass, or are complaining that all fastpasses are done and they kids want to ride..all while blocking the scanners causing huge backups. If you need to ask a question at the scanner, move to the side, not block everyone.

Honestly I feel like that one's entirely on the cm there.. I would've thought exactly the same myself! I had no idea that a legitimate pass would give the fail indication, why do they have it set up that way? That just makes no sense! Granted it's not really anyone else's job to police other guests like that and certainly it can be done nicely, but kids are kind of clueless sometimes and don't even realize when they are being rude when they think they are being helpful. For the most part I always assume the best of people but those two times I witnessed this last trip there was just no denying what they were doing. I've also seen several times people try to block others that are called when the CMs are looking for groups of a certain size but it never occurred to me that was intentional since they usually step aside when the cm gets their attention so I just assumed they didn't realize... it's such a stupid thing to do considering it makes no difference to them, argh!

Honestly I feel like that one's entirely on the cm there.. I would've thought exactly the same myself! I had no idea that a legitimate pass would give the fail indication, why do they have it set up that way? That just makes no sense! Granted it's not really anyone else's job to police other guests like that and certainly it can be done nicely, but kids are kind of clueless sometimes and don't even realize when they are being rude when they think they are being helpful. For the most part I always assume the best of people but those two times I witnessed this last trip there was just no denying what they were doing. I've also seen several times people try to block others that are called when the CMs are looking for groups of a certain size but it never occurred to me that was intentional since they usually step aside when the cm gets their attention so I just assumed they didn't realize... it's such a stupid thing to do considering it makes no difference to them, argh!

I respectfully disagree. While the CM can explain to the group that these are legitimate passes, it's on the parent to actually, y'know, parent their child.

This weekend we used DAS for the millennium falcon and when we scanned in a lady was asking the CM at the scanner how come he was letting us “cheat” and go up that ramp. Mind you we had a kid with us and he was all “why did she say we are cheating? What did we do?” 🙄 Disney can bring a lot of rudeness out of people but I’ve just learned to ignore it. That’s was one reason why I got nervous using DAS at first because it lights up blue, but now I could care less

I’ve also seen people argue with the CM’s on why they should be let on even though they don’t have a fastpass, or are complaining that all fastpasses are done and they kids want to ride..all while blocking the scanners causing huge backups. If you need to ask a question at the scanner, move to the side, not block everyone.

Ahhh... that's so frustrating they have it that way. When we were in line getting into Disneyland one time just before entrance a group stepped aside and were letting people pass in front of them, I think they were waiting for another member of their party to catch up and a little boy started yelling at them, "you can't do that! " and it took a bit for his mom to notice and try to calm him down but this kid's fairness radar had just gone off completely somehow, he was pretty much in tears about it even though it meant he got in sooner, he was just so distraught about someone breaking what he perceived the rules to be... Disneyland can be rough all around!

I respectfully disagree. While the CM can explain to the group that these are legitimate passes, it's on the parent to actually, y'know, parent their child.
I just assume she was probably flustered trying to get the passes to work so she could get them out of there if she even noticed rather then take up even more time in the way of others, in the mean time the kids probably thought they were in the right. I mean I agree letting your kids harass others is bad form in general I would be upset having to deal with that but there's just a lot going on and like the saying goes, 'it takes a village'... just having a cm explain it would go a long way to resolve everything all around in that situation.

On another note, has anyone heard anything further on when MP/FP will be available for Smuggler's?
They haven’t released a date yet. But the scanners have been there since the ride opened so hopefully soon. Would be nice for the spring break crowds to see how fast it goes during a busy time

They haven’t released a date yet. But the scanners have been there since the ride opened so hopefully soon. Would be nice for the spring break crowds to see how fast it goes during a busy time

I thought it was interesting that there were 2 cms standing guard for each scanner every time I went there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!