New FP Additions: Monsters, Inc. & Autopia (as of 2/11/20), and (Soon to Come!) MF:SR

And this is the bad side of adding FP. To be fair, that probably would have been a 60-minute wait otherwise given overall crowds - I keep seeing people acting like Monster's Inc never got over 10 minutes, and that's just ridiculous, it often had a 25-35 minute wait on even moderate days (especially since Bug's Land closed and took away half of the kid-friendly options in the park)... but you are correct that 120 minutes is insane and never would be reached without a FP line.

Yeah, I'm one of those that never saw a more than ten minute line and usually it was a walk on, no matter how busy elsewhere when I went. It was definitely a shocker to see a huge line the first time we went since they added fast pass for it! I sure hope Marvel is super (heh) amazing because Bug's Land absolutely was, I'm gutted they destroyed that, it was just so well done and magical.

We are riding Autopia with a FP for the first time. It’s been 23 minutes since we entered the FP queue and we are not in a car yet. I thought FP was supposed to be faster?

I remember wondering the same thing when they had fastpass for it years ago!

We are riding Autopia with a FP for the first time. It’s been 23 minutes since we entered the FP queue and we are not in a car yet. I thought FP was supposed to be faster?

How long is the standby line? Currently it's showing 45 minutes on the app, so if you get on within 44 minutes, FP was faster.

Took about 25 minutes. Longer than I care to wait for that ride but I figured FP would get us on in 10-15.

Bummer that was your experience today! We rode twice on Sunday evening and definitely thought it was worth it. Granted I’m fairly certain almost all the lanes were running. 🤔 We didn’t wait more than 10 minutes either time.

I wonder where the old school FP machines will be for MF:SR?
Good question but they probably should do another centralized kiosk for that side of the park like they have done with Tomorrowland. They could put BTMRR, IJA, HM, Splash, and MFSR on one kiosk? Then put Matterhorn, IASW, and Roger on another one in FL. Or they could even put MFSR on the FL kiosk as well.....

Monsters can get pretty long after frozen gets out or just after jr dance shows let out

FP helps even that out a little

Good question but they probably should do another centralized kiosk for that side of the park like they have done with Tomorrowland. They could put BTMRR, IJA, HM, Splash, and MFSR on one kiosk? Then put Matterhorn, IASW, and Roger on another one in FL. Or they could even put MFSR on the FL kiosk as well.....

I have a feeling it will be something like this and will be outside of Batuu. Then they don’t have to worry about theming a FP distribution area to be “on planet” or anything either.

I just assume she was probably flustered trying to get the passes to work so she could get them out of there if she even noticed rather then take up even more time in the way of others, in the mean time the kids probably thought they were in the right. I mean I agree letting your kids harass others is bad form in general I would be upset having to deal with that but there's just a lot going on and like the saying goes, 'it takes a village'... just having a cm explain it would go a long way to resolve everything all around in that situation.
It was pretty clear that these kids were bullying others and they knew it -- and they were enjoying it. And the mom was just letting it go.

It was pretty clear that these kids were bullying others and they knew it -- and they were enjoying it. And the mom was just letting it go.
Not exactly the same but today I witnessed a boy repeatedly kicking a duck while his dad just stood there. Poor duck was trying to get away but he was a little boxed in by other people and the kid literally kept chasing him in circles and kicking at his tail. I was so pissed off I yelled at the kid to stop and the dad just gave me a look and walked away with his kid. Shake my head.

Not exactly the same but today I witnessed a boy repeatedly kicking a duck while his dad just stood there. Poor duck was trying to get away but he was a little boxed in by other people and the kid literally kept chasing him in circles and kicking at his tail. I was so pissed off I yelled at the kid to stop and the dad just gave me a look and walked away with his kid. Shake my head.
I would have been mad, too.

Wow! And if the duck pecked him or bit him I’m sure the dad would’ve been mad 🙄

Honestly I feel like that one's entirely on the cm there.. I would've thought exactly the same myself! I had no idea that a legitimate pass would give the fail indication, why do they have it set up that way? That just makes no sense! Granted it's not really anyone else's job to police other guests like that and certainly it can be done nicely, but kids are kind of clueless sometimes and don't even realize when they are being rude when they think they are being helpful. For the most part I always assume the best of people but those two times I witnessed this last trip there was just no denying what they were doing. I've also seen several times people try to block others that are called when the CMs are looking for groups of a certain size but it never occurred to me that was intentional since they usually step aside when the cm gets their attention so I just assumed they didn't realize... it's such a stupid thing to do considering it makes no difference to them, argh!
When a person using a DAS Return Time scans their card/Magicband, the Mickey glows blue to alert the CM to look at their console screen. The DAS holder’s picture is displayed there so the CM can compare it with the person who scanned.
The person DAS was issued to is required to ride the attraction The Return Time was for. Checking the picture is so people can’t use it for attractions without the DAS user.

When a person using a DAS Return Time scans their card/Magicband, the Mickey glows blue to alert the CM to look at their console screen. The DAS holder’s picture is displayed there so the CM can compare it with the person who scanned.
The person DAS was issued to is required to ride the attraction The Return Time was for. Checking the picture is so people can’t use it for attractions without the DAS user.
Yes and sometimes if CM’s are preoccupied with other guests there can be a slight delay for them to hit their screen for the DAS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter