New FP Additions: Monsters, Inc. & Autopia (as of 2/11/20), and (Soon to Come!) MF:SR

Question about Monsters: Does it have any scary parts, specifically screaming children? This is the one Pixar movie I CANNOT get my son to watch, because he completely flipped out during the opening scene where the little boy sits bolt upright in bed and screams. Even though it’s a robot boy and a training exercise, it didn’t matter, that was the end of it. It’s a shame, because I think Monsters Inc. is one of Pixar’s best.
It has some "silly" screaming -- like the citizens of Monstropolis being panicked -- but nothing right in your face. AND it has one of the best Hidden Mickeys in DCA (in my opinion)! If your son wears something identifiable like glasses or a hat and sits in the front row, Roz may speak to him at the end! ("Young Man...")

It has some "silly" screaming -- like the citizens of Monstropolis being panicked -- but nothing right in your face. AND it has one of the best Hidden Mickeys in DCA (in my opinion)! If your son wears something identifiable like glasses or a hat and sits in the front row, Roz may speak to him at the end! ("Young Man...")
Lol, thanks, that would be fun!

With this blog post being specifically aimed at bringing kids, and Autopia/Monsters Inc being two attractions which are aimed at kids, I wonder whether there could be additional rides added to Fastpass, including Smugglers Run.

I personally am really excited about Autopia fp coming back.
I go at slow times so I have never waited more than 10 or 15 mins for Monsters Inc. How long does this line get?

I actually don't want a FP for Smuggler's run. A lot of times during the day it can go down to 30 min wait (if it isn't a busy time) but my fear is FP would slow it way down for standby, but they already have the FP machines so at some point it will happen.
I don't see anything else in the ride list that needs FP or can physically accommodate it.
I'd love not to have to wait 45+ mins for Peter Pan, but FP doesn't seem physically feasible there.

Last edited:

With this blog post being specifically aimed at bringing kids, and Autopia/Monsters Inc being two attractions which are aimed at kids, I wonder whether there could be additional rides added to Fastpass, including Smugglers Run.

I was just being cheeky. Disneyworld gets smuggler fast pass starting feb 19th...

Apparently Fastpass is being added for Autopia and Monsters Inc. I suppose Autopia can get fairly long lines but I don’t think I’ve ever seen Monsters Inc super long. I was hoping they would add FP for Peter Pan but I guess not 😢😢😢

Hmmm Monsters Inc is interesting, when the line is 25+minutes on busy days... I suspect this will be one of those nearly instant FP/MP that can add some value.
Autopia previously had FP. Unless they have re-configured the queue, there was not much benefit where the FP line met with the standby line.

When they do things like this that don't have much impact, but add value on paper, I think maybe they are preparing a MP price increase.

Thanks for the scoop!

Hmmm Monsters Inc is interesting, when the line is 25+minutes on busy days... I suspect this will be one of those nearly instant FP/MP that can add some value.
Autopia previously had FP. Unless they have re-configured the queue, there was not much benefit where the FP line met with the standby line.

When they do things like this that don't have much impact, but add value on paper, I think maybe they are preparing a MP price increase.

Thanks for the scoop!
It’s been a couple years for me but the last couple times I was in the parks Monsters had waits of over an hour posted. Long enough I stayed away from it.

I was hoping they would add FP for Peter Pan but I guess not 😢😢😢
I doubt that will ever happen. A CM once explained to me that they’d have to do a big reconfiguration of the queue but once they do that, they’ll be obliged by law to make the attraction ADA-compliant.

Last edited:
I like this. More rides on FP mean more options for guests and greater value for MaxPass.

While both of these attractions can be walk ons at times, its not impossible to see either with a 30+ minute wait. I even waited in a 45 minute line for Monsters last year when I was with someone who needed to ride it for their “must do” list and our only option was get in line then or miss it.
Our last trip we ended up doing an, every ride in one day thing. Started out unintentionally and then turned into a goal. MI was the one that almost didn't make it happen. Twice we got in line and it was easily a 30 min wait. We got into the area where it shows the videos and broke down. Waited 15 min. Then left the line. Second time we got in line, even longer. Just made it indoors and the ride broke down. They didn't even give the option to wait in line. Completely emptied the queue. I wish I had known to check for the buddy pass as it was just myself and my sister. Luckily, we were able to make it our last ride of DCA before it closed for the night.

I doubt that will ever happen. A CM once explained to me that they’d have to do a big reconfiguration of the queue but once they do that, they’ll be obliged by law to make the attraction ADA-compliant.
I was surprised a few years ago when it went under the extensive refurb they didn't do any queue mods. I thought for sure they were going to make the line ADA compliant as well as add FP option. I was stunned when it was revealed and it didn't.

So weird, monsters inc. with rare exception had always been a walk on for me... and those rare exceptions were still only about a ten minute wait even when other rides had well over an hour standby. From what I remember the Autopia fast pass never seemed all that much faster when we used it. I keep thinking peter pan will get a fast pass since it shows up on the app as an option (I can't remember exactly where.. I think maybe it's under the choices for replacement fast passes? ) which always confuses us.

So weird, monsters inc. with rare exception had always been a walk on for me... and those rare exceptions were still only about a ten minute wait even when other rides had well over an hour standby. From what I remember the Autopia fast pass never seemed all that much faster when we used it. I keep thinking peter pan will get a fast pass since it shows up on the app as an option (I can't remember exactly where.. I think maybe it's under the choices for replacement fast passes? ) which always confuses us.
Monsters Inc is frequently 30+ minutes on medium crowd days (45-60 on big crowd days). We ride first thing in the morning when it’s walk on or just skip it.

I'm all for this! If I can wait 10 minutes instead of 20 with kids, that's great. Our Maxpass is loaded and I'm reading to grab as many FP's as possible! But I think I remember reading a guidebook that said Autopia used to have Fastpasses but not to use them because you waited in line with Fastpass as long as standby? (Or was that about Tomorrowland Speedway?)

FastPass coming soon? Can someone define soon in terms of Disney? Our trip is in 43 days, is that considered soon? Or is “summer” soon?

I don’t think Monsters is getting FP at all. The blog post says
“For even more magic, stop by kid-favorites Monsters, Inc. Mike and Sully to the Rescue! and Autopia, where Disney FASTPASS service will be available soon (also coming to Disney MaxPass)!”
which is a bit ambiguous but could certainly mean that only Autopia is getting FP, which I think is much more likely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter