New FP Additions: Monsters, Inc. & Autopia (as of 2/11/20), and (Soon to Come!) MF:SR

DL vets, I need some advice. I was planning to do Soarin’ first on our DCA day, pick up a hopefully early FP for RSR, and then go over to Monsters Inc. before heading into Carsland and doing all three rides there and having lunch. Do you think this is still a sound plan or is there a better way to arrange the morning now that Monsters Inc. is on FP? We will be ripe dropping on a DL EMH day if they makes a difference.

DL vets, I need some advice. I was planning to do Soarin’ first on our DCA day, pick up a hopefully early FP for RSR, and then go over to Monsters Inc. before heading into Carsland and doing all three rides there and having lunch. Do you think this is still a sound plan or is there a better way to arrange the morning now that Monsters Inc. is on FP? We will be ripe dropping on a DL EMH day if they makes a difference.
You have Maxpass, right? Are you doing a FP for Soarin’, or just rope-dropping it? (For the record, I don’t like starting with Soarin’ since it’s a long ride and you lose some rope drop time/momentum by riding it... and it has FP anyway.)

At any rate, the FP option at Monsters Inc shouldn’t really matter in the morning. I mean, we’ll see if it makes a big difference the next few weeks... but probably not. It did kill the standby line there by the afternoon today, but if you’re hitting it that early, it shouldn’t matter.

Reactions: EmJ
Soarin eats up so much time. It’s a longish wait and longish ride even first thing. I would probably do RSR or Toy Story first, then hit the Cars Land rides that don’t have FP.

I personally am really excited about Autopia fp coming back.
I go at slow times so I have never waited more than 10 or 15 mins for Monsters Inc. How long does this line get?

I actually don't want a FP for Smuggler's run. A lot of times during the day it can go down to 30 min wait (if it isn't a busy time) but my fear is FP would slow it way down for standby, but they already have the FP machines so at some point it will happen.
I don't see anything else in the ride list that needs FP or can physically accommodate it.
I'd love not to have to wait 45+ mins for Peter Pan, but FP doesn't seem physically feasible there.
That's what happened at WDW. All rides on fast pass so rides that never had much of a line have one now.

Soarin eats up so much time. It’s a longish wait and longish ride even first thing. I would probably do RSR or Toy Story first, then hit the Cars Land rides that don’t have FP.
See I kind of like rope dropping soarin since I know it gets backed up. If you're up front and get on the first loading group you can be off within the first 10 minutes of park opening. If not, I would try and get on within the first couple of hours before the fastpass line gets backed up.

You have Maxpass, right? Are you doing a FP for Soarin’, or just rope-dropping it? (For the record, I don’t like starting with Soarin’ since it’s a long ride and you lose some rope drop time/momentum by riding it... and it has FP anyway.)

At any rate, the FP option at Monsters Inc shouldn’t really matter in the morning. I mean, we’ll see if it makes a big difference the next few weeks... but probably not. It did kill the standby line there by the afternoon today, but if you’re hitting it that early, it shouldn’t matter.
Yay, I was hoping you would respond! I don't know how to do the little signaling "@" thing, because I am a bad, bad millennial.

Interesting about Soarin' taking a long time. We do have Maxpass. I'll take another look at it and come up with a different plan. I'll be back :)

See I kind of like rope dropping soarin since I know it gets backed up. If you're up front and get on the first loading group you can be off within the first 10 minutes of park opening. If not, I would try and get on within the first couple of hours before the fastpass line gets backed up.
What do you think about rope dropping Monsters, Inc. while grabbing a RSR fastpass, then trying to get a Soarin' fastpass for later in the morning as soon as we scan into RSR?

What do you think about rope dropping Monsters, Inc. while grabbing a RSR fastpass, then trying to get a Soarin' fastpass for later in the morning as soon as we scan into RSR?
Which day of the week will this be?

I think a lot will depend on how FP return times look when you get into the park, particularly RSR. If it’s going to cause a 90-minute FP wait, it’s not worth it - you should get a couple other FPs first and then get RSR later in the day.

And THAT may depend on whether they’ve added MF:SR to FP by then (I’d guess yes) and whether that pulls away some of the early RSR FP grabs. Otherwise, when DL has early entry, RSR may move too fast to be useful to you. It depends a ton on the day, to be honest...

Which day of the week will this be?

I think a lot will depend on how FP return times look when you get into the park, particularly RSR. If it’s going to cause a 90-minute FP wait, it’s not worth it - you should get a couple other FPs first and then get RSR later in the day.

And THAT may depend on whether they’ve added MF:SR to FP by then (I’d guess yes) and whether that pulls away some of the early RSR FP grabs. Otherwise, when DL has early entry, RSR may move too fast to be useful to you. It depends a ton on the day, to be honest...
It will be a Thursday. I’m really bad at things depending 🤦‍♀️

We always get stuck in there forever... just the pre-show video thing and loading everyone one seems to take at least 15 minutes! Maybe we have bad loading luck...

It’s gonna be Soarin’ over CA, which is marginally more popular than the World version, too...

It will be a Thursday. I’m really bad at things depending 🤦‍♀️
Ha. In that case, I’d make one plan for RSR having a return time within an hour of park open (in which case your original plan is fine) and another plan if it’s too far out and you need to come back to it later. Thursday is routinely the least-attended of the MMs, so that may help.

But DL’s landscape changes SO. MUCH. depending how the FPs are flowing, which is affected by crowds but ALSO a lot by temporary closures and things... so you do have to have some “go with the flow” built in or you’ll go crazy.

Last edited:
Ha. In that case, I’d make one plan for RSR having a return time within an hour of park open (in which case your original plan is fine) and another plan if it’s too far out and you need to come back to it later. Thursday is routinely the least-attended of the MMs, so that may help.

But DL’s landscape changes SO. MUCH. depended how the FPs are flowing, which is affected by crowds but ALSO a lot by temporary closures and things... so you do have to have some “go with the flow” built in or you’ll go crazy.
Thank you 😊 I have a morning plan and an afternoon plan, and they are swappable, I think. So if RSR is too far out, we will start with the afternoon plan first and head to Toy Story instead. I think I will be less psychotic on our second DL trip, after I’ve done the Maxpass thing and have some real-world experience with all this stuff. But I’m just kind of like this, lol 😂 I’m lucky I found my husband.

DBBF4F96-123F-4350-969D-A77A875E8621.jpeg

Yay, I was hoping you would respond! I don't know how to do the little signaling "@" thing, because I am a bad, bad millennial...
From someone who learned to do this by accident:
Type in the @ (Shift and 2) and the first few letters of the person's user name. The DIS should magically give you a list of names that match those letters. Choose the name you want. If it isn't on the list, type one or two more letters, then look at the list again. When you see the name you want, click on it. Ta da! You should see the @ symbol with the name you want following AND the person you are addressing will receive an alert that you mentioned them in a post. Like magic! :)
For example: @EmJ : Hey, Girl -- I mentioned you in this post!

From someone who learned to do this by accident:
Type in the @ (Shift and 2) and the first few letters of the person's user name. The DIS should magically give you a list of names that match those letters. Choose the name you want. If it isn't on the list, type one or two more letters, then look at the list again. When you see the name you want, click on it. Ta da! You should see the @ symbol with the name you want following AND the person you are addressing will receive an alert that you mentioned them in a post. Like magic! :)
For example: @EmJ : Hey, Girl -- I mentioned you in this post!
Thank you! Will try.

Anyone know where the merge point for Autopia is now for FP/MP? Curious how much line it will skip

Anyone know where the merge point for Autopia is now for FP/MP? Curious how much line it will skip

It's in the same spot it used to be when FP was offered before. It's basically where the CM is standing at the point where the lines merge into feeding into 2 paths to different staircases down. With fastpass, you get to make a u turn and enter there, rather than going through the switchbacks leading to the little room playing the movie

I know this because that is where you enter when you have a DAS.

Are there any huge NO-NOs when using Maxpass? I'm so confused about the timing of pulling/waiting/stacking. Worried about messing this up!

Also, does anyone know if I have comp tickets linked to the account, can I add on MP before going to the parks?

Sorry - thought I was on the Maxpass Superthread!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter