New FP Additions: Monsters, Inc. & Autopia (as of 2/11/20), and (Soon to Come!) MF:SR

katyringo

DIS Veteran
I’m a little bit scratching my head, but as someone with little kids I do kinda like this. Yes during normal crowds they don’t get too bad of waits, but I can tell you during busy times they get long and monsters is one of the few choices for little in CA adventure.

however .. umm Disney.... when we getting smugglers run fastpass???

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ure-fun-for-little-ones-at-disneyland-resort/

I’m a little bit scratching my head, but as someone with little kids I do kinda like this. Yes during normal crowds they don’t get too bad of waits, but I can tell you during busy times they get long and monsters is one of the few choices for little in CA adventure.

however .. umm Disney.... when we getting smugglers run fastpass???

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ure-fun-for-little-ones-at-disneyland-resort/
Interesting. For Monsters, maybe b/c they expect more people coming to DCA for Marvel Land, so the lines could get longer than it already is.

Oh man! I’m gonna have to redo my plan AGAIN. Anyone have an idea of what “soon” means? (Ideally this answer is anytime after April 3 😁)

I like this. More rides on FP mean more options for guests and greater value for MaxPass.

While both of these attractions can be walk ons at times, its not impossible to see either with a 30+ minute wait. I even waited in a 45 minute line for Monsters last year when I was with someone who needed to ride it for their “must do” list and our only option was get in line then or miss it.

I even waited in a 45 minute line for Monsters last year when I was with someone who needed to ride it for their “must do” list and our only option was get in line then or miss it.
Same! My aunt had never done it, and wanted to. She was only there for the Halloween party, so we had a small window of being at DCA. So we had to wait in the 45 minute line. Up until then, I didn't know the line could curve around like that outside lol

I really like Monsters so I’m excited about this. We’d ride more if we didn’t have to wait so long in the afternoon when we end up over there.

Question about Monsters: Does it have any scary parts, specifically screaming children? This is the one Pixar movie I CANNOT get my son to watch, because he completely flipped out during the opening scene where the little boy sits bolt upright in bed and screams. Even though it’s a robot boy and a training exercise, it didn’t matter, that was the end of it. It’s a shame, because I think Monsters Inc. is one of Pixar’s best.

Question about Monsters: Does it have any scary parts, specifically screaming children? This is the one Pixar movie I CANNOT get my son to watch, because he completely flipped out during the opening scene where the little boy sits bolt upright in bed and screams. Even though it’s a robot boy and a training exercise, it didn’t matter, that was the end of it. It’s a shame, because I think Monsters Inc. is one of Pixar’s best.
No but it does have Randall who appears, then disappears. And it has him sitting on the doors

Reactions: EmJ
No screaming children, but there is a certain intensity to it. It’s portrayed as if the city is in emergency mode - news reports, panicked monsters, the safety crew in the yellow suits - searching for a kid on the loose. On top of that, Randall is lurking around creepily. My 4yo likes the movie but was a little apprehensive on the ride the first time.

Reactions: EmJ
Thanks everyone. I don’t think Randall would bother him; he’s a connoisseur of superhero-style villains. I’m going to give Monsters Inc one more try before our trip, specifically skipping that scene, and see if that helps.

When did Autopia have fastpass?? I don't remember this...

Last time I remember seeing it was very early 2015. The machines were blocked due to Innoventions being turned into Launch Bay and they ceased distributing due to that fact.

It wasn't a FP I usually grabbed (I also tend to avoid the ride anyways as the smell irritates my lungs) so I don't remember if it ever came back when the walls came down. My memory says no, it didn't come back, but would be happy to be corrected if someone remembers if it came back for a short time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter