• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New fast pass rules question

robl45

DIS Veteran
So I know sometime in the past two months or so that they made a change to fast passes that they can only be used if the ticket was used for admission that day.

Does anyone know if that's to any park that day or the specific park where the fast pass is?

So I know sometime in the past two months or so that they made a change to fast passes that they can only be used if the ticket was used for admission that day.

Does anyone know if that's to any park that day or the specific park where the fast pass is?
It is the park where the fastpass is being used. It basically works the same way the paper fastpasses used to work now.

The question is, do they scan your band when you use express transportation? I know you don't go through security. And you have to have park hoppers to use it.

If they don't scan, then you only have to use your ticket at "a" park.

Express Entrance?
They scan your MB before you get on the bus to go to another park so then they know you are at the park. I would not risk it just for a FP, but If I was at a park with a friend and I did not want to use my FP for a ride then I would have no problem giving it to my friend to ride a ride twice but I would be in the park and more then likely waiting in the give shop for the friend

They scan your MB before you get on the bus to go to another park so then they know you are at the park. I would not risk it just for a FP, but If I was at a park with a friend and I did not want to use my FP for a ride then I would have no problem giving it to my friend to ride a ride twice but I would be in the park and more then likely waiting in the give shop for the friend
You are talking about, what I was talking about, express transportation.

I am not convinced that's the case.

There are so many possible factors to explain why more FP+ have been available. I'm guessing the real reason has to do with lighter attendance this summer than in past years.

Although there's a big community here on Disboards who knew how to "play" the old system, I doubt that most guests were ever aware of the old system... to say nothing about all the work needed to have taken advantage of it.

Has to be for "any" park if you have a park hopper because of express transportation. When you use express transportation, you only finger scan at your first park of the day. On our last trip, we had FP at MK so we all went to MK, then we rode express transport to HS and got 4th FP there. We never scanned into HS because when you use Express transport, you don't go thru the turnstiles.

Before guests are loaded onto the Express Bus, their MBs or tickets are scanned - the system then notes their entrance to the destination park.

I always assumed this scan was not like a turnstile scan, but just to check that you had in fact purchased express transportation

I am not convinced that's the case.

I disagree strongly. We were there at the end of June and there were tons more of additional fastpasses available late in the day. When in the past (during any time of the year), could you get 4 fastpasses for Soarin at 6pm or Peter Pan at 7pm.

I disagree strongly. We were there at the end of June and there were tons more of additional fastpasses available late in the day. When in the past (during any time of the year), could you get 4 fastpasses for Soarin at 6pm or Peter Pan at 7pm.

That's fine. But Soarin' in particular is a poor example to cite here.

Last edited:
I have goten a 4 FP for 7DMT,PP, space, TT sarin TSMM ToT RnR EE danseur all in the last year just went last week and really did not get any good 4 FP for MK I think I got pooh, none for AK and I was just at HS for a few hours so only did 2 FP there. So I do not think that the creak down has anything to do with better FP opening up

I always assumed this scan was not like a turnstile scan, but just to check that you had in fact purchased express transportation

I figured it was to do both, check that you have the express pass, but also to make sure they know when you are switching parks. I have seen a CM at the podium clearing out something on their tablet after a group is taken to the buses. I figured they were indicating that those scanned for that bus were on their way.

Before guests are loaded onto the Express Bus, their MBs or tickets are scanned - the system then notes their entrance to the destination park.

In agreement with this, a work colleague used express transportation (EPCOT to MK) earlier this month and the kiosk worked at MK to get fast passes. That is a pretty good confirmation that the pre-boarding scan marks your entry into the new park. Otherwise, the kiosk won't work.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter