New fast pass rules question

A work colleague used express transportation (EPCOT to MK) earlier this month and the kiosk worked at MK to get fast passes. That is a pretty good confirmation that the pre-boarding scan marks your entry into the new park. Otherwise, the kiosk won't work.

I use the Disability system ( DAS) to get a return time you must have taped to get in the park other wise no return time, I have never had a problem. I did have a problem after my VIP tour was over and they dropped me off at the MK back stage. So yes they are both making sure you have park hopper and they are checking you in fro the park you are going too.

I am not convinced that's the case.
I agree. There have been plenty of same day FP available well before the change in the FP rules. People just had to check for them. We got FEA same day last year in July and in April this year, for example. RnR and ToT were both very readily available on every trip the past 2 years on same day.

So if I booked 4 fastpasses for peter pan at night and then the wife and daughter wouldn't come to the park, we couldn't use those passes because they didn't enter the park at night even though they entered say epcot earlier?

I always assumed this scan was not like a turnstile scan, but just to check that you had in fact purchased express transportation

Disney loves data! And The Express Bus is a great way to get some freebie data off of people. Scan someone's MB before hitting the bus, now Disney has a load of valuable data! It knows when you left, it knows where you want to go (it already knows where you're coming from). It means the park you're leaving is a little less crowded, and the park you're heading to is a little more crowded.

Disney can get aggregate data on how many people are leaving one park to go to another, and what time they're doing it. They can see, overall, when are people hopping

So I know sometime in the past two months or so that they made a change to fast passes that they can only be used if the ticket was used for admission that day.

Does anyone know if that's to any park that day or the specific park where the fast pass is?

I think it's any park. After all, once you use your pre-booked fastpasses, you can make a fastpass for any park, not just the one you're in at the time.

I think it's any park. After all, once you use your pre-booked fastpasses, you can make a fastpass for any park, not just the one you're in at the time.
even at the kiosks (if you don't have a smart phone)?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter