New Disney Ships: News, Rumors, Speculation.....and Names!

Dream set sail in January. And Fantasy in March. They are experienced with winter North Atlantic.

I couldn't remember when they set sail, but figured at least one or two of them had to sail in winter months. Thanks.

I couldn't remember when they set sail, but figured at least one or two of them had to sail in winter months. Thanks.

I had to look it up. I knew it was still cold in NYC when the Fantasy came in - some of us from the Disney Store got to be on a little boat to welcome her and we were freezing!

I had to look it up. I knew it was still cold in NYC when the Fantasy came in - some of us from the Disney Store got to be on a little boat to welcome her and we were freezing!

Now that's an awesome opportunity! I think we may have to plan to be in NYC to see one or all of them arrive or pass through, as I just don't see us being able to afford to be on one of them! Hope springs eternal though :-)

Now that's an awesome opportunity! I think we may have to plan to be in NYC to see one or all of them arrive or pass through, as I just don't see us being able to afford to be on one of them! Hope springs eternal though :-)

It was fun. Sadly, we did not get to go on board. :(

Did anyone else notice in the little video clip that when it zoomed out so you could see the top of the ship, there was no aquaduck? I wonder what they are going to replace it with!

I think that it was just their way of not giving too much away. :confused3 I'm pretty sure it will have something similar to the Aquaduck.

So I guess we are in the dark again now until November for steel cutting? They relly do know how to drag stuff out.

I honestly don't remember where I saw it but love the idea of Moana themed pool deck food called Maui's Boat Snacks :3dglasses

I did not see that one, but will be sure to list it on page one! Great idea.

I was also very surprised by the lack of information they shared about the new ship(s) at D23. Considering early 2022 initial sailings, they should start taking bookings next fall. So they can't wait for the D23 expo in 2021 to start giving details. They will need to release a lot of info about it before they start taking bookings. Are there other events over the next 12 months or so that one could potentially target as the time they will start to release more info? Or would they just do a simple press release with some images? That seems unlikely.

Wow, this thread got so quiet ... I guess no new news. Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday!

Unfortunately no news. Scott at the Blog heard the steel cutting was supposed to be in Nov but I havent seen or heard anything and I'm checking regularly. None of what DCL is doing this time around is making any sense.

All of Disneys ships had planned for early year Maidens. The Magic class got pushed back due to yard issues at Fincantieri. They were scheduled for March initially I think. I'll have to go back and look. Nothing Disney did but the yard suffered when 2 ships in front of them had major issues that took crews from the Magic and the ship in front of her to correct. It was a ripple.down effect that got the Wonder also a year later which was supposed to debut in March/April of 99. Both the Dream class floated out in Oct and did about 6 weeks or so of testing and fitting out and crossed around Christmas time. The Dream came straight home and the Fantasy stopped in NYC for her christening before coming home. She was delivered a week or so earlier then expected. The Dream Maiden was in Feb of 11 Fantasys March 31 of 12

I was also very surprised by the lack of information they shared about the new ship(s) at D23. Considering early 2022 initial sailings, they should start taking bookings next fall. So they can't wait for the D23 expo in 2021 to start giving details. They will need to release a lot of info about it before they start taking bookings. Are there other events over the next 12 months or so that one could potentially target as the time they will start to release more info? Or would they just do a simple press release with some images? That seems unlikely.
There's a D23 event at Walt Disney World in November 2020. Maybe there will be additional information released on the new ships then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter