New Disney Ships: News, Rumors, Speculation.....and Names!

• RedSox68

Just working to pay for cruising
    Dream set sail in January. And Fantasy in March. They are experienced with winter North Atlantic.
    I couldn't remember when they set sail, but figured at least one or two of them had to sail in winter months. Thanks.

Dug720

DIS Veteran
    I couldn't remember when they set sail, but figured at least one or two of them had to sail in winter months. Thanks.
    I had to look it up. I knew it was still cold in NYC when the Fantasy came in - some of us from the Disney Store got to be on a little boat to welcome her and we were freezing!

RedSox68

I had to look it up. I knew it was still cold in NYC when the Fantasy came in - some of us from the Disney Store got to be on a little boat to welcome her and we were freezing!
    Now that's an awesome opportunity! I think we may have to plan to be in NYC to see one or all of them arrive or pass through, as I just don't see us being able to afford to be on one of them! Hope springs eternal though :-)

Dug720

DIS Veteran
    Now that's an awesome opportunity! I think we may have to plan to be in NYC to see one or all of them arrive or pass through, as I just don't see us being able to afford to be on one of them! Hope springs eternal though :-)
    It was fun. Sadly, we did not get to go on board. :(

• ChicosWife

The Caribbean DCL Life For Us!
    Did anyone else notice in the little video clip that when it zoomed out so you could see the top of the ship, there was no aquaduck? I wonder what they are going to replace it with!
    I think that it was just their way of not giving too much away. :confused3 I'm pretty sure it will have something similar to the Aquaduck.

Karin1984

DIS Veteran
    If anyone here wants to work on the new ships. In Germany Disney is looking for an architect, a project manager + internship for the 'Disney Cruise Line ship building project'.

https://jobs.disneycareers.com/job/papenburg/architectural-intern-disney-cruise-line-germany/391/12278519

RedSox68

If anyone here wants to work on the new ships. In Germany Disney is looking for an architect, a project manager + internship for the 'Disney Cruise Line ship building project'.

https://jobs.disneycareers.com/job/papenburg/architectural-intern-disney-cruise-line-germany/391/12278519
    WOW, that would be a great assignment for a few years!

• RedSox68

So I guess we are in the dark again now until November for steel cutting? They relly do know how to drag stuff out.

I honestly don't remember where I saw it but love the idea of Moana themed pool deck food called Maui's Boat Snacks :3dglasses
    I did not see that one, but will be sure to list it on page one! Great idea.

mcd2745

These Mickey pretzels are making me thirsty!
    I was also very surprised by the lack of information they shared about the new ship(s) at D23. Considering early 2022 initial sailings, they should start taking bookings next fall. So they can't wait for the D23 expo in 2021 to start giving details. They will need to release a lot of info about it before they start taking bookings. Are there other events over the next 12 months or so that one could potentially target as the time they will start to release more info? Or would they just do a simple press release with some images? That seems unlikely.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DIS INSTAGRAM
    Book your Disney Cruise through Dreams Unlimited Travel and receive a Shipboard Credit and an Exclusive Gift Basket!

CASTAWAY CAY PHOTOS

DECK PLANS

STATEROOMS

ITINERARIES