New Disney Ships: News, Rumors, Speculation.....and Names!

another thing is, now i may get criticized for this is that Disney does not always need to include there private island on Caribbean cruises that way they can do what they want with the lengths of the cruise and get different ports on the itinerary

That's more a logistics thing than anything else. The only Caribbean cruises that don't usually offer a stop at CC are the Southern itineraries from San Juan, or the Western itineraries from Galveston/New Orleans. The Southern itineraries are so rare to begin with, and I certainly wouldn't call the repetitive Western itineraries calling at Cozumel, Falmouth, Grand Cayman etc to be getting "different ports on the itinerary". It's more for the fact that these cruises go absolutely nowhere near CC.

If Disney could get every cruise to stop at CC where almost all the money goes straight in their own pockets, they would.

another thing is, now i may get criticized for this is that Disney does not always need to include there private island on Caribbean cruises that way they can do what they want with the lengths of the cruise and get different ports on the itinerary

That goes back to what I mentioned about having a planner that can think outside the box. Disney could easily do 6 and 8 night cruises that A would still stop at CC and B change up the current itins An 8 could easily do Puerto Rico, St Maarten and CC. then the following alternating 6 night could do Nassau CC and say Jamaica or Grand Cayman

Well i will say when it comes to Disney that $10,000 family balcony includes a lot of the stuff that other cruise lines may make you pay for. one example is on Carnival the ocean suite is about the same thing as a family verandah on Disney. On carnival the suite on the newest ship in December 2020 would include priority boarding and disembarkation, the only things you have to pay extra for are some of the specialty restaurants, drinks ie soda, and internet. On Disney most to all stateroom come with all of the above included the main extra cost is internet and adult restaurants. so same itinerary in December 2020, Disney would cost around $7,240.60 and carnival will $4,386.08. On carnival by the time you may add up the extra costs you might still be under Disneys price. While the experience is what you make of it going into Carnival it can sometimes be a little better while spacing out you cruises on Disney.

Example -- we priced out both Disney and Princess for the 12-night British cruise in 2015. Disney's cost was so much more than Princess (same cabin type) that we were able to pay for our pre and post cruise hotels and flights and STILL came under what Disney wanted for just the cruise ::yes::

That goes back to what I mentioned about having a planner that can think outside the box. Disney could easily do 6 and 8 night cruises that A would still stop at CC and B change up the current itins An 8 could easily do Puerto Rico, St Maarten and CC. then the following alternating 6 night could do Nassau CC and say Jamaica or Grand Cayman

I don't know why once Disney has three more ships, they can't permanently do more Southern Caribbean for 10 or 11 nights! We are sailing on Oceania in October for 11-nights and going to 6 wonderful southern Caribbean ports. I'd love to do that again with Disney like we did on the Wonder when they first tried it.

Jack (DSNY) is predicting Believe, Wish and Discover. Not sure about Wish. “Please excuse us while we wash the Wish.” And there are too many puns to list. Including “Wish list!”

Example -- we priced out both Disney and Princess for the 12-night British cruise in 2015. Disney's cost was so much more than Princess (same cabin type) that we were able to pay for our pre and post cruise hotels and flights and STILL came under what Disney wanted for just the cruise ::yes::
Yeah, but on Princess you have to pay for soda 😂😂😂. That’s why we did the new (then) Carnival Vista for our 2016 Mediterranean cruise, was about 1/3 the price of the Magic. We’re so happy we branched our, we have an awesome time on the new Carnival ships and can take a lot more cruises because of it. We still do Disney but now do a lot of Carnival too.

Jack (DSNY) is predicting Believe, Wish and Discover. Not sure about Wish. “Please excuse us while we wash the Wish.” And there are too many puns to list. Including “Wish list!”

I dont remember off hand if it was here or a different place but someone there is connected to DCL admin and the rumor is that DCL does not want to duplicate letters. Internally DCL refers to the existing ships as DM,DW,DF,DD. By adding a Wish(es) Theyd be duplicating a DW and Discover would duplicate DD. Now that's assuming the rumor is true.

Disney Imagination (DI) Disney Believe (DB), for the third one i would say one of two names either Disney Adventure(DA) or use the project name Disney Triton(DT)

Here is another list fill it in as you like, maybe even change some names but this is if truck1 is right on disney not wanting to duplicate letters.

A dventure
B elieve
C
E nchanted
G
H ope
I magination
J
K
L
N
O
P
Q
R
S prit
T riton
U
V
X
Y
Z

Here is another list fill it in as you like, maybe even change some names but this is if truck1 is right on disney not wanting to duplicate letters.

A dventure
B elieve
C
E nchanted
G
H ope
I magination
J
K
L
N
O
P
Q
R
S prit
T riton
U
V
X
Y
Z
Like the idea, but I cant take credit for the name duplicate rumor. Im just passing it on. I think it came.from the forum that shall not be named.

Yeah, but on Princess you have to pay for soda 😂😂😂. That’s why we did the new (then) Carnival Vista for our 2016 Mediterranean cruise, was about 1/3 the price of the Magic. We’re so happy we branched our, we have an awesome time on the new Carnival ships and can take a lot more cruises because of it. We still do Disney but now do a lot of Carnival too.

Well we lucked out -- the promotion included a free drink package :thumbsup2

My favorites have always been Disney Star and Disney Wish -- but if not duplicating the letters is true, then I think Disney Imagine would be a good second one.

Star and Wish are my favorites also, so I hope the double letter isn't true. I'll be disappointed if it is.

I dont remember off hand if it was here or a different place but someone there is connected to DCL admin and the rumor is that DCL does not want to duplicate letters. Internally DCL refers to the existing ships as DM,DW,DF,DD. By adding a Wish(es) Theyd be duplicating a DW and Discover would duplicate DD. Now that's assuming the rumor is true.

A (possibly interesting) addition to your post, the internal email structure refers to the ships by 3 letters (MAJ,WON,DRM,FSY).

I hope Disney does NOT go this route! One of the best benefits to a cruise is that (almost) everything is already included in the cost. :sad2:
Agree! I don't really mind the concierge level, but I like for my kids to be able to do pretty much whatever they see on the ship without an additional charge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!