New Disney Ships: News, Rumors, Speculation.....and Names!

Pearl and Treasure aren't listed on page one. Although I do like Disney Pearl, but for now I'll keep page one as it is so I don't start getting all new names ;)

It's been a very long while, but isn't Steamboat Mickey in the atrium on the Magic?

Pearl and Treasure aren't listed on page one. Although I do like Disney Pearl, but for now I'll keep page one as it is so I don't start getting all new names ;)

It's been a very long while, but isn't Steamboat Mickey in the atrium on the Magic?
It's not steamboat Mickey its Mickey in foul weather gear with the ships wheel.

It's not steamboat Mickey its Mickey in foul weather gear with the ships wheel.

Thanks! If I were at home, I would have checked our pictures LOL. The themes are similar even though the character portrayed is different, but do you think they'd put the same type of theme on another ship?

Disney Pearl is next to Black Pearl on page 1. :-)

Thanks! If I were at home, I would have checked our pictures LOL. The themes are similar even though the character portrayed is different, but do you think they'd put the same type of theme on another ship?

As far as what? right now DCL seems to be making the ships as close to each other as possible. The fleet is evenly split between Art deco and art nouveau, and most restaurants are now duplicated on all 4 ships with very similar layouts . personally I don't see DCL straying too far from the existing mold. Animators is probably a given on the new ships, ( I'd say 99.9999999% sure) Cabanas is probably pretty close also. Unless DCL is going to do something drastic, I'd say the new ships will look and feel like the existing Dream class with a few notable exceptions, like the cabin bumpouts, maybe a extra deck or 2, just based on what's been released so far as far as dimensions.

As far as what? right now DCL seems to be making the ships as close to each other as possible. The fleet is evenly split between Art deco and art nouveau, and most restaurants are now duplicated on all 4 ships with very similar layouts . personally I don't see DCL straying too far from the existing mold. Animators is probably a given on the new ships, ( I'd say 99.9999999% sure) Cabanas is probably pretty close also. Unless DCL is going to do something drastic, I'd say the new ships will look and feel like the existing Dream class with a few notable exceptions, like the cabin bumpouts, maybe a extra deck or 2, just based on what's been released so far as far as dimensions.
Got to agree with this. They have a good formula going already. Just a few tweaks to take advantage of new technology and current state of the art is probably all we will see.

I suspect there will be either a new optional restaurant (like Palo/Remy) or expanded versions.

Got to agree with this. They have a good formula going already. Just a few tweaks to take advantage of new technology and current state of the art is probably all we will see.

I suspect there will be either a new optional restaurant (like Palo/Remy) or expanded versions.

I agree the tech will get enhanced etc. The one thing that bothers me about what DCL is doing is that there os no incentive to go to a different ship. I'll use Palos. Palos is common to all 4 ships. if you've done 1, youve done all 4. It's not like Palos on the Magic, say Bennihana on the Wonder, Brown Derby on the Dream, where each 1 is different theme, different menu. I can see Animators being common to all 7 as that's a staple, but the others need to be different from each other so each ship has an identity and appeal with an incentive to move from 1 ship to the next. I k now I'm probably mixing up lines here, but something like Guy Fieri on 1 ship and a sister ship has Margarittaville, another ship has Johnny Rockets etc.

I agree the tech will get enhanced etc. The one thing that bothers me about what DCL is doing is that there os no incentive to go to a different ship. I'll use Palos. Palos is common to all 4 ships. if you've done 1, youve done all 4. It's not like Palos on the Magic, say Bennihana on the Wonder, Brown Derby on the Dream, where each 1 is different theme, different menu. I can see Animators being common to all 7 as that's a staple, but the others need to be different from each other so each ship has an identity and appeal with an incentive to move from 1 ship to the next. I k now I'm probably mixing up lines here, but something like Guy Fieri on 1 ship and a sister ship has Margarittaville, another ship has Johnny Rockets etc.

I think those three burger places are on different LINES, not ships within one line. Margaritaville is NCL I know (on more than one). I think Guy's is Carnival, and Johnny Rockets is Royal Caribbean. Other lines typically have the same restaurant on multiple ships - that's nothing new.

I think those three burger places are on different LINES, not ships within one line. Margaritaville is NCL I know (on more than one). I think Guy's is Carnival, and Johnny Rockets is Royal Caribbean. Other lines typically have the same restaurant on multiple ships - that's nothing new.
I was pretty sure I was crossing lines when I said that.

I went back and looked at RCCL as a comparison. yes some restaurants are duplicated over several ships but there not the same on all. Oliver which is Jaime Oliver's is on some but not all. Theres a couple of others I noticed looking at the different ships that show up in some of the larger ships but not the small as an example.

My point is that it's ok to duplicate some things like restaurants but in DCLs case they are making carbon copy ships. Theres really nothing unique between the 2 Dream class ships or the 2 Magic class ships. Other then itins there really isn't anything that says, ok I've done the Dream I've got to do the Fantasy because she has something the Dream doesnt.

I was pretty sure I was crossing lines when I said that.

I went back and looked at RCCL as a comparison. yes some restaurants are duplicated over several ships but there not the same on all. Oliver which is Jaime Oliver's is on some but not all. Theres a couple of others I noticed looking at the different ships that show up in some of the larger ships but not the small as an example.

My point is that it's ok to duplicate some things like restaurants but in DCLs case they are making carbon copy ships. Theres really nothing unique between the 2 Dream class ships or the 2 Magic class ships. Other then itins there really isn't anything that says, ok I've done the Dream I've got to do the Fantasy because she has something the Dream doesnt.

Having been on 3 of the 4 Radiance-Class sisters on RCCL, it is the same at least within that class at least (and from what I have observed, with the "older" (read: non-behemoth classes) classes as well) Some decor differences, but overall the same ship.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but DCL is not the only one with basic carbon copies within the classes.

I don't think Disney wants to stray too far from it's established design elements. If they did, they might risk the older ships being perceived as "old" before they've run their course. I've been wondering how long they will keep the Magic and Wonder going. Maybe the new ships are a step in the direction of future decommissioning. But honestly, I think they've done a fantastic job of maintaining the quality of the Magic and Wonder, and to me they certainly are familiar but still feel fresh. The challenge will be retrofitting newer and newer technologies into them to maintain a competitive edge.

Having been on 3 of the 4 Radiance-Class sisters on RCCL, it is the same at least within that class at least (and from what I have observed, with the "older" (read: non-behemoth classes) classes as well) Some decor differences, but overall the same ship.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but DCL is not the only one with basic carbon copies within the classes.
True from class to class things usually are the same or close but fleet wide theres usually a difference somewhere to say hey let's try this since it's not on this ship.

I don't think Disney wants to stray too far from it's established design elements. If they did, they might risk the older ships being perceived as "old" before they've run their course. I've been wondering how long they will keep the Magic and Wonder going. Maybe the new ships are a step in the direction of future decommissioning. But honestly, I think they've done a fantastic job of maintaining the quality of the Magic and Wonder, and to me they certainly are familiar but still feel fresh. The challenge will be retrofitting newer and newer technologies into them to maintain a competitive edge.
I don't see them straying too far either. I'm fairly certain with a few notable exceptions, the new ships will be more of an improved Dream class then a separate class like between the Magic and Dream class.

Sorry -- I was talking about the sailor Mickey in the atrium and adding Steamboat Mickey on one of the new ships and them being similar.

Wonderful ideas for restaurants. I do like all the free options that other lines offer like the burger places and Sushi or Asian counter service and the Irish Pub O'Sheehan's on NCL is fantastic. And they are all "free" and not specialty restaurants.

Margarittaville was a disappointment on NCL in that it started out as a free venue, but the crowds were so bad they ended up charging for it! Since I feel we pay enough for the cruise anyway, I'm not keen on paying extra for lunch on any ship (except the brunch at Palo ;))

DCL-Art-Epcot-Festival_IMG_8250-768x576.jpg

I remember seeing this in another thread (image is from http://www.disneycruiselineblog.com) and the theory that Pluto & Goofy might be two of the new statues. Not sure what the third would be though - this predated that announcement. Maybe chip/dale or Daisy?

Wonderful ideas for restaurants. I do like all the free options that other lines offer like the burger places and Sushi or Asian counter service and the Irish Pub O'Sheehan's on NCL is fantastic. And they are all "free" and not specialty restaurants.

Margarittaville was a disappointment on NCL in that it started out as a free venue, but the crowds were so bad they ended up charging for it! Since I feel we pay enough for the cruise anyway, I'm not keen on paying extra for lunch on any ship (except the brunch at Palo ;))
I just thought of a couple as illustrations, though I wouldnt mind seeing Brown Derby on board. eat at the one at DHS all the time

View attachment 342905

I remember seeing this in another thread (image is from http://www.disneycruiselineblog.com) and the theory that Pluto & Goofy might be two of the new statues. Not sure what the third would be though - this predated that announcement. Maybe chip/dale or Daisy?

I've had a couple of people send me the picture from the ship and this one. It's kind of like which came first the chicken or the egg. DCL was 13 years old when the Dream came out, so it kind of says the painting came 2nd. But we don't know where the inspiration came from for the painting.There is one that hangs on the Dream in one of the stairwells I think. I know it's on the Dream. So that picture could be using the inspiration of the atrium statues. When you look at the picture, vs the statues theres subtle differences . For example Minnie holds her umbrella on different sides between the picture and the statue. Same thing with Ariel, she posed inverse on the ship vs the painting. Assuming DCL uses that painting, of say Goofy and Pluto id think Daisy would be the 3rd. that would put the fab 5 up plus Ariel and Daisy.

I'd love new family dining options!! I still wish they'd make some other changes but agree that they are not likely to do that. And even if the ships are almost the same as Fantasy and Dream there are plenty of people who will sail them anyway so there really isn't an incentive for Disney to change much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter