• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Bounceback Offer this month?

I was wondering if, after one books a BB, one can then later change the dates and still get the BB discount as long as the new dates are also part of a BB offer. Have any of you ever done this?

We were thinking we might like to go in January 2014 instead of December 2013, and didn't know if it'd be possible to book a December 2013 BB (we're here now) and then after the January 2014 dates are offered (if there will be a BB offer for those dates) call and switch to January 2014.

I think this is clear! Thanks for any info!

We just returned from 4 nights at WDW and had to call the "return stay" hotline x8844 as there was no offer in the room. I explained that I knew about the offer and wanted to apply the discount to an existing reservation. The offer only covered 4 of the 6 nights of our reservation and did not cover a standard (garden view) room at the POLY. We had to upgrade to lagoon view and create a second reservation for the discount of 35% to apply. This is likely due to the refurbishments at the POLY during this time as the popularity of the garden view rooms. We upgraded and applied the discount to April 14-18th, but have rack rates for April 12-13.

I'm hoping for an AP, Disney Visa, PIN or public discount for the 12-13th or simply recombine the trip as one reservation. It seemed complicated to the very nice CM and took over 25 minutes on the phone, but it was done correctly. I found the dates for the current bounce back on this thread, so I was informed before we checked in.

Mike

Mike :wizard: DW princess: DS (4 ½ ) pirate: DMIL princess:

First visit 1976, WDW 2/2010 BC CL, Disneyland GC 12/2010, WDW 4/2012 POLY TPV, WDW 7/2012 (off site meeting), WDW 12/12 POP and 4/2013 POLY with Disney Dream cruise!

Does anyone have an idea of how long these bounce backs generally stay in the rooms or are offered? We are going in May and our November dates are included! It would be amazing if we could take advantage of this.:)

Well last years RO BB like this one was offered all the way up to July 31 - so IF they do the same this year, yep, you'll be able to book it when you're there in May :thumbsup2

Good luck and hope it works out for you! :goodvibes

I was wondering if, after one books a BB, one can then later change the dates and still get the BB discount as long as the new dates are also part of a BB offer. Have any of you ever done this?

We were thinking we might like to go in January 2014 instead of December 2013, and didn't know if it'd be possible to book a December 2013 BB (we're here now) and then after the January 2014 dates are offered (if there will be a BB offer for those dates) call and switch to January 2014.

I think this is clear! Thanks for any info!

I have changed hotels and dates before within the SAME bounceback offer, never with a new offer. I personally would doubt it, because the bounceback offers do not work the same as public codes, but I hope you get some fairy dust! pixiedust:

I have changed hotels and dates before within the SAME bounceback offer, never with a new offer. I personally would doubt it, because the bounceback offers do not work the same as public codes, but I hope you get some fairy dust! pixiedust:

Thank you. I did some more reading here and had come to this conclusion. Thanks for confirming it.

We still haven't decided if we're going to book something for next year. The Dec 15 -19 dates are the closest to this week, but the crowds have picked up tremendously in the last day, and I'm not sure we want to be here so close to Xmas next year.

Well last years RO BB like this one was offered all the way up to July 31 - so IF they do the same this year, yep, you'll be able to book it when you're there in May :thumbsup2

Good luck and hope it works out for you! :goodvibes

Thank you so much for answering my question and for the good wishes!:goodvibes

We're at WL right now and I received an email this morning with the BB offer that everyone has been reporting--same dates and discounts. Weird that this very week in December next year isn't included (the 5th thru the 14th is blacked out).

It's not really that weird if you think about it. Pop Warner is later next year so they have blacked out that week. PW activities start the 7th

It's not really that weird if you think about it. Pop Warner is later next year so they have blacked out that week. PW activities start the 7th

Ah. That explains part of it, but I was under the impression that PW participants didn't stay at deluxe-level resorts.

We ended up booking a BB for mid-November. Not sure if we'll use it, but it's better to book it now and cancel than not book and regret it later!

We just arrived and the bounce back offer is on a couple of pages inside the WDW into booklet that you get when you check in. I managed to get the 35% off our summer reservation.

The Your Guide to the Magic booklet? We are here too but don't see anything. Can you tell me which page?? Thanks!

I would like to know what booklet also. I just left and checked with 5 different hotels and all of them except POP century looked at me like I had 4 heads. I ended up calling the 8844 number and used the code listed here R90 and was able to get a bounce back for next summer at WL.

Pop century is still handing out the expired free dining brochure. All the others told me that there wasn't a bounceback being offered at their hotel. WL was one of those telling me that there wasn't a bounceback.

I booked the Room Only bounceback for Oct 24-28, 2013 at BWV. The discount on a 1BDR and a Studio was 35%. I didn't see any flyers at BWV or AKV but I just called the number.

Does anyone know if people have been successful booking after?

We just left and looked throughout our booklets at the GF and didn't see one but went into the vacation wanting to book for next year. If they verify our stay, has anyone been successful booking after leaving?

We just left and looked throughout our booklets at the GF and didn't see one but went into the vacation wanting to book for next year. If they verify our stay, has anyone been successful booking after leaving?

Sometimes if there were problems, like the day the system was down. Doesn't hurt to try but usually you have to still be on site.

We haves booklet called "Be our guest guide" it's a general info guide to the parks, dining, downtown Disney etc and there's a pull put section with the Bounce Back offer. I'll try and take a photo with the iPad and upload it if I can work out how to do it.

I really don't like that there are like, no December dates, if I go next year, that's when I was planning on going! Why is the whole 2nd week of December blacked out, is that Pop Warner week? I thought that was the first week of December? Ughhh...those dates are going to make planning kind of tough!

I feel the same way! Hope the dates change a bit but usually the GP/pin discounts mimmic the BB offers correct?

houstonmama said:
I feel the same way! Hope the dates change a bit but usually the GP/pin discounts mimmic the BB offers correct?

Yes. Dates sometimes become more restrictive as things fill up. But unless bookings are way down I wouldn't expect the dates to expand. That's why I'm glad to snag a discount for Oct.

We stayed at BWV last week and I was able to book Oct 20-27 2013 at the Poly. I think it was 35% off. I didn't see anything in the room, I just called the number.

I don't know if they will allow you to book after you checkout, but I can verify that GF was awful about trying to book a bounceback. We had no flyer in our GF room either and stupidly I didn't remember to take the phone# or code so I dialed 0 from the room. The operator was very rude and told me that no offer existed. I told her after a heated discussion, that there was an offer and I even knew the dates and terms for it. She finally connected me with the reservation line and they were very helpful and connected me with the bounceback department. I was able to book WL for my desired dates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter