New BOG Dinner Menu

I’m confused by the pork dish. They say tenderloin and then say pork belly. Aren’t they two different things — one lean and one super fatty?

Yeah, that seems confusing. I figured tenderloin is a more traditional boneless pork dish, but pork belly is basically a big slab of uncured bacon.

Wonder how they will treat DDP users and their choice of alcoholic beverage. Will the suggested pairings be included, but you have to choose the course you want your beverage? Should be interesting.

It's similar to Chefs de France...what is the prix fixe pricing there?

Chefs de France is $40 for their Prix Fixe, with a choice from 3 apps, 4 entrees, and a dessert. Given that price, how much more popular BOG is, and considering the ambiance, I really don't think this is a horrible price. I agree the kids' price is ridiculous, but for the adults it's really not that far off base in my opinion. And to the people complaining the menu doesn't work for picky eaters or people who don't want to be forced to eat 3 courses - just don't go to a prix fixe restaurant? There are plenty of a la carte options. Or go to BOG for breakfast or lunch.

There are only TWO restaurants that my daughter has expressed interest in.. BOG and CRT. Of course, I can't find a dinner reservation for either, and now I'm thinking that she won't even like any of the food - and I'm not sure it's worth the price, just to meet Beast. :/

$55 is beyond pathetic for what you are getting here, I understand they wanted to curtail this, but there are better ways than this, perhaps a minimum order per person/table? The problem here is there isn't a single appetizer that works for many with special dietary concerns (I am also going to put the prices based on the same or most similar items from the old menu or comparable items from other menus):
  • Escargot - Cooked in Alcohol, which is a concern for many and by they way, contrary to popular belief, it has been scientifically proven that alcohol does not fully cook out of foods - $12.99
  • French Onion Soup - In the past this has been vegetarian (not vegan) at this location, which is unusual for French Onion Soup, but most people loved it. This menu no longer specifies that the soup is vegetarian, it could be an oversight on the menu or they could have moved to the traditional beef based French Onion Soup. Additionally, this is typically cooked with Alcohol. - $6.49
  • Main Lobster Bisque - Bisque is traditionally cooked with Alcohol - $15
  • Charred Octopus - Many don't eat seafood - $19
  • Mixed Field Greens - Contains Sunflower seeds, which many with nut allergies have issues with and a a salad as an appetizer on a $55 meal? Really? - $10
  • Assorted Meats and Artisanal Cheese Selection - Has Liver Pate and pork products - Was $17, but served 2, so $8.50 for a single portion
Now, let's look at the Entrees:
  • Fillet Mignon - Overall decent, but cooked with Alcohol and there are those who don't eat Beef, should be able to be left off in this case - $35 (actually may be slightly lower)
  • Smoked Ricotta and Corn Tortellini - May be cooked with Alcohol and is the only vegetarian dish - $15
  • Spice Dusted Lamb Chops - Contains lamb, which again is an issue for some, may be cooked with Alcohol - $25
  • Poulet Rouge Chicken - Contains Pork - $25
  • Seafood Bouillabaisse - Likely cooked with Alcohol, Seafood again - $25
  • Roasted Pork Tenderloin - Pork - $28
Desserts:
  • Almond Macaron - I know what a Macron and a Macaroon is, but not sure what a Macaron is - Contains nuts - $5
  • White Chocolate Chip Cup with Grey Stuff - Grey Stuff contains gelatin, which will be derived from cow, pig and other bones making it unsafe for vegetarians and those who don't eat beef or pork - $5
  • Dark Chocolate Truffle - contains Alcohol - $6
So to even reach a value of $55 you would have to order:
  • Lobster Bisque or Octopus
  • Fillet Mignon (and even that is questionable, as the price seems high)
  • Dark Chocolate Truffle
For a non adventurous eater that doesn't eat beef or pork, let's go with the safest options:
  • Mixed Greens - $10
  • Tortellini - $15
  • Almond Macaron - $5
  • Total - $30

$55 is not a good value for this menu, even factoring in Disney's inflated prices, which the prices above do and the only character you get is Beast. Atmosphere can't count, as lunch also has the same atmosphere just minus the meet with Beast. And Lunch you could easily be under $20 for the entire meal, including drink, appetizer, entree and dessert.

And this breakdown doesn't even begin to address those of us with dairy or shellfish allergies. I'm not sure if there's anything here I can eat safely at all. I've eaten here with my husband for lunch about 8 years ago and didn't find the aesthetic all that impressive, and this just kills it completely for me.

Would it kill them to have a few vegan or non-dairy options once in a while?

In so tickled at this....

Roasted Pork Tenderloin
Crispy Berkshire Pork Belly, Caramelized Cipollini, Roasted Asparagus, Brussels Sprouts, Cauliflower Purée, and sprinkled with Bacon Dust

I have been a butcher for over 30 years and can tell you with 110% certainty, a pork tenderloin and pork belly are 2 different things and come from 2 completely different parts of the hog.

And this breakdown doesn't even begin to address those of us with dairy or shellfish allergies. I'm not sure if there's anything here I can eat safely at all. I've eaten here with my husband for lunch about 8 years ago and didn't find the aesthetic all that impressive, and this just kills it completely for me.

Would it kill them to have a few vegan or non-dairy options once in a while?
I get it if the menu isn’t for you, but WDW is one of the most food allergy accommodating places I have ever been, esp given its scope and size.

In so tickled at this....

Roasted Pork Tenderloin
Crispy Berkshire Pork Belly, Caramelized Cipollini, Roasted Asparagus, Brussels Sprouts, Cauliflower Purée, and sprinkled with Bacon Dust

I have been a butcher for over 30 years and can tell you with 110% certainty, a pork tenderloin and pork belly are 2 different things and come from 2 completely different parts of the hog.
I don’t think the menu implies otherwise. Pretty clear that it’s a pork tenderloin entree accompanied by pork belly, onions, etc.

It's similar to Chefs de France...what is the prix fixe pricing there? It should be more at BOG due to characters and being in Beast's castle. We are going in Dec and my picky 19 year old twin DDs will enjoy the food. They loved the prix fixe menu at Chefs. There is something nice about being able to select whatever you want from each course...much like a cruise. And if you aren't liking the menu choices, due to being cooked with alcohol or your picky kid won't eat any of it or what you would want to order isn't a good value at $55...well then don't go there. The beauty of WDW dining is that there is something for everyone in the dozens of venues on property. Select venues that are good for you.
Chefs de France prix fixe is $39.99.

Yeah, that seems confusing. I figured tenderloin is a more traditional boneless pork dish, but pork belly is basically a big slab of uncured bacon.

I don’t think the menu implies otherwise. Pretty clear that it’s a pork tenderloin entree accompanied by pork belly, onions, etc.

It's actually not "pretty clear" at all as there are more than myself who noticed the flub if you look back through the thread. Traditionally, menu's state the name of the item and describe it underneath. Pork Belly is it's own cut. That's like saying "Ribeye Steak with brisket on the side".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter