New BOG Dinner Menu

And those desserts.... the more I think about it, the more I wonder what they were thinking. Tree nuts, eggs, dairy, gelatin, oh my! Vegetarians, vegans, and people with many of the most common allergies will have problems with it.
They were probably thinking about the vast majority of the population who do not have food allergies and are not vegan or vegetarian :confused3

And this breakdown doesn't even begin to address those of us with dairy or shellfish allergies. I'm not sure if there's anything here I can eat safely at all. I've eaten here with my husband for lunch about 8 years ago and didn't find the aesthetic all that impressive, and this just kills it completely for me.

Would it kill them to have a few vegan or non-dairy options once in a while?
Yeah, my breakdown definitely wasn't all inclusive.

They were probably thinking about the vast majority of the population who do not have food allergies and are not vegan or vegetarian :confused3
Disney has normally been very good about this, but some of their choices lately don't make sense as there are more and more of the population who do have dietary restrictions.

Really? https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/macaron
Definition of macaron
: a light, often brightly colored sandwich cookie consisting of two rounded disks made from a batter of egg whites, sugar, and almond flour surrounding a sweet filling (as of ganache, buttercream, or jam)
  • Note that we speak here of the Parisian macaron, two airy almond meringue cookies pressed around a creamy filling—not those tiny bombs of shredded coconut that, on our shores, answer to the name "macaroon."
  • —Ligaya Mishan
https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=/fbkBTsP&id=8668D5796201676F9100C6816385438E51903B1F&thid=OIP._Z8oOs7GY49Oo-mxFYVJdgHaFi&mediaurl=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cd/Macarons%2C_French_made_mini_cakes.JPG&exph=1936&expw=2592&q=macaron+images&simid=608004867215789002&selectedIndex=0
My point is they spelled it wrong, it is spell Macron, not Macaron, even spell check says that one is wrong.

Disney has normally been very good about this, but some of their choices lately don't make sense as there are more and more of the population who do have dietary restrictions.

Probably cause there’s over 140 restaurants in Disney. If BOG went vegan, I just wouldn’t go. Some people would complain that meat should be on the menu instead of just moving on to the next one.

Well its not a rip off.

Lets see, I would get the lobster bisque which is 15. The filet which is 35, the grey stuff which is 5, and then the drink which ill call another 5. They should give me an alcoholic beverage with this, but whatever, ill settle on coke

So that comes out to 60 dollars. I'll basically say it costs what its supposed to cost if your paying $55. Its by no way a deal, but its basically what its supposed to cost.

Now this only works for ME because thats what I would get. If people get the cheaper items, it doesn't make much sense.

The tiffins prefix you can save some money with.

Now I will add this. IF the food is cooked different and tastes incredible, then I do not care what the price is. That will be a big factor. Gotta see if that changes now.
Drink is not included in the $55 from all that has been said, but yes, if you order the most expensive choices it might be ok.

Disney has always been incredible when it comes to people with allergies so I doubt they won't accommodate when actually in restaurant
The problem is that while they will accommodate to some extent, in order to get fully accommodated you have to spend hours ahead of time trying to call each restaurant to confirm accommodations have been arranged and are being made, especially with desserts, as they are usually not prepared in house.

Yeah, but they have CRT. And princesses show up at Askerhouse. It just seems like it would make sense to have Belle meet at the castle. I never really understood why she was never included. I am just wondering why (logistics, maybe)? That place makes a great profit already, so I guess they don't really need to add Belle.
I’m fine with no Belle, but would love to see Luminiere and Gogsworth would be amazing

This is exactly why they have made the choice they have, with the options and price points they have. They don’t have to cater to everyone, at every restaurant. Sure, they know this is a popular spot. They also know that for every individual complaining about the change to the menu, the prices being too high, the groups that aren’t being catered to...that there are five to six families willing to gladly make a reservation and pay whatever the price and eat whatever is on the menu. Disney has learned demand for their more “exclusive” spots, or anything that is thought to be exclusive, has gone through the roof and doesn’t show signs of stopping.

Before anyone says anything like “oh, this’ll stop it”

I don’t really think so. Look at all the parties within parties they sell. They sell customers tickets after they’ve already bought a ticket!! Then, they sell them another ticket to another party, within that party!!!
I actually don't think there will be that many willing to eat there.

Probably cause there’s over 140 restaurants in Disney. If BOG went vegan, I just wouldn’t go. Some people would complain that meat should be on the menu instead of just moving on to the next one.
No one is saying they should go completely vegan, but every restaurant should have at least one vegetarian and one vegan option officially on the menu. They should also have at least one chicken dish that is completely free of beef, prok and seafood products.

This is the one place that DD9 (10 by trip) wants to eat at again. They still have steak so that's okay. But appetizers for me just seem Is escargot or charred octopus slimy? I might be able to get the kid to try some, she's less picky than me lol

This is the one place that DD9 (10 by trip) wants to eat at again. They still have steak so that's okay. But appetizers for me just seem Is escargot or charred octopus slimy? I might be able to get the kid to try some, she's less picky than me lol

Lol Escargot maybe I've only had it once on a cruise. Charred octopus if cooked correctly could be good and not slimy but of overcooked it will be chewy.

Really hoping everyone ELSE loves BOG :). The third(maybe forth?) "fake Sig" at wdw :).
Please, enjoy what you get. The GREAT thing about places of this nature? They suck people in :). They are vacuums.
As a consequence, the REAL Sigs have better booking options :). We will not be attending.... but thank EVERYONE for going here :).

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

This is exactly why they have made the choice they have, with the options and price points they have. They don’t have to cater to everyone, at every restaurant. Sure, they know this is a popular spot. They also know that for every individual complaining about the change to the menu, the prices being too high, the groups that aren’t being catered to...that there are five to six families willing to gladly make a reservation and pay whatever the price and eat whatever is on the menu. Disney has learned demand for their more “exclusive” spots, or anything that is thought to be exclusive, has gone through the roof and doesn’t show signs of stopping.

Before anyone says anything like “oh, this’ll stop it”

I don’t really think so. Look at all the parties within parties they sell. They sell customers tickets after they’ve already bought a ticket!! Then, they sell them another ticket to another party, within that party!!!

MouseCeption (bwaaaaahn)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter