New BOG Dinner Menu

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by Billybob7, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Billybob7

Billybob7 Mouseketeer

Today is July 24 and the new BOG menu is set to debut on July 27. Is anyone else surprised that they haven’t revealed the new menu yet? Do they expect people to eat there on Friday without having seen the menu?

2. Davkind76

Davkind76 Mouseketeer

I was wondering the same thing

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Shelleyfs

Shelleyfs Mouseketeer

I thought it would be released by now for sure. We have reservations in November, so I am in no big rush. I am really curious tho to see what is on it! Hopefully tomorrow.

5. MaskedRose86

MaskedRose86 Earning My Ears

Anxious to hear also since we will be going in a little over 3 weeks!

6. Euby

Euby DIS Veteran

Dean Marino likes this.
  7. LauraLap

LauraLap DIS Veteran

Yes - very surprised! We have reservations for August 14th which I may or may not cancel based on the menu.

8. Billybob7

Billybob7 Mouseketeer

Yep. We have an ADR in September. I’m sure it will be great, just anxious to find out already.

9. _auroraborealis_

_auroraborealis_ I like marshmallows. And adult beverages.

Yes, they expect people to eat not knowing the menu. The stuff on dfb is just repurposed from the original Disney announcement of the BOG changes, but I expect it reprents ~85% of the adult menu. The real mystery is the $35pp child menu, as it's possible to do 3 courses as a child at Cali Grill or Narcoossee's for less, and there's a wee question of if BOG is really going to be "better," or simply priced higher because it's BOG.

Baptist likes this.
  10. DWillowBay

DWillowBay DIS Veteran

Glad I went with Lunch! :snail::snail:

11. sponica

sponica DIS Veteran

I hope people are getting reminder emails. and the 2 CREDITS should be bolded, underlined, pop out from the phone, and whatever else one might need....

Texans_loyal likes this.
  12. Meriweather

Meriweather Being a Nana is my superpower

I have lunch and dinner booked.....waiting on the menu to see if I cancel dinner

13. Dean Marino

Dean Marino DIS Veteran

Welllll? Those portions appear to be pathetic, to me.

Not shocked. Never expected true SIG food. This is a crowd control measure, virtually identical to LeCelier. Not getting near the place....

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

14. Nancyg56

Nancyg56 DIS Veteran

I am afraid that is somewhat what this is, however not exactly. BOG never saw the cupcake people coming, and while this practice may not be as widespread as we all joke about, it probably was a problem large enough to impact the revenue the restaurnat should have been generating. Think about it: remove a character from Epcot, and then add him to a dining venue and make that venue the only place to meet a hard to find character. Then do not place any restrictions other than you must have an ADR. What could go wrong?????

SO in normal Disney style, you toss the baby out with the bathwater and make a radical change designed to solve a proble that you never admitted to having. Rather than implement a minimum order per person, which might have made guests "mad" it was easier to create a fixed cost menu. Time will tell if the management makes everyone order it or will alllow guests to share in order to stretch credits or cash. I bet you a buck they will.

15. maxiesmom

maxiesmom The Mean Squinty Eye Works

ILikeWaffles and galaxygirl76 like this.
  16. FSU Girl

FSU Girl DIS Veteran

Ugh that food does not appeal to me at all. I currently have this booked for 12/30 and now I'm not sure I want to eat there, but it's such a busy time I feel like I won't be able to find somewhere else to eat at the same time and am kind of stuck :(

Dean Marino likes this.
  17. sharonabe

sharonabe DIS Veteran

The easier fix would have been to remove the Beast, and create a meet n greet for him and Belle somewhere else.

18. Nancyg56

Nancyg56 DIS Veteran

You think??? Or perhaps be clear what the terms are for this meal, offer a M&G with both Belle and Beast, preferably at the entrance of the Castle, and then move on. The entire fixed cost breakfast was a fiasco from the start, and given that Disney does not always learn from past decisions that did not turn out well, I bet this one will be as well. No where is there any indication that the fixed cost menu is per person, and that everyone must pay. There should be disclaimers all over the place highlighting the terms of this menu change because once a practice is in place you cannot just walk it back.

Jen1995 likes this.
  19. KenHutch

KenHutch DIS Veteran

You think those portions are small? When we went in June I had the lamb and got one forkful of meat from each chop. My family left BoG and went straight to The Mara to finish dinner.

20. Smbmoyers

Smbmoyers To Disney, and Beyond!!!

I too am waiting with baited breath. I have a lunch and a dinner and would love to cancel one or the other and pass it on to another deserving family that wants it. I’m hopeful for a meet and greet and will cancel dinner if that is not the case.

21. anna0513

anna0513 Mouseketeer

Do we know if Belle and the Beast will be appearing throughout dinner?