New BOG Dinner Menu

Oof, that kids price is a lot, especially in DP credits. It's no longer an option for me (which sucks, I always wanted to try it for dinner, and now with the chip cup!) but I'm sure others like it.

It's actually not "pretty clear" at all as there are more than myself who noticed the flub if you look back through the thread. Traditionally, menu's state the name of the item and describe it underneath. Pork Belly is it's own cut. That's like saying "Ribeye Steak with brisket on the side".
It's actually not "pretty clear" at all as there are more than myself who noticed the flub if you look back through the thread. Traditionally, menu's state the name of the item and describe it underneath. Pork Belly is it's own cut. That's like saying "Ribeye Steak with brisket on the side".
It’s actually more like serving a duck breast with a leg confit on the side. Very common. Regardless, this thread has been a fantastic Friday afternoon diversion. Keep ‘em coming!

In so tickled at this....

Roasted Pork Tenderloin
Crispy Berkshire Pork Belly, Caramelized Cipollini, Roasted Asparagus, Brussels Sprouts, Cauliflower Purée, and sprinkled with Bacon Dust

I have been a butcher for over 30 years and can tell you with 110% certainty, a pork tenderloin and pork belly are 2 different things and come from 2 completely different parts of the hog.
Being a butcher is a time honoured trade much as being a chef is.
That being the case your post reminds me of conversations I've heard between general contractors, building engineers and architects. Sure you can do it but you MUST do it my way, LOL.

My reading of the menu made me think the crispy pork belly, as well as all the other ingredients, were accompaniments to the lean pork tenderloin.

Last edited:
I am so sad. I am allergic to Almond and uncooked booze... Desserts are gonna be a downer :-(
Debating if we should even go. We were planning to go for the first time as I was able to get a reservation. Now, I am not sure...
They should give options for deserts if they are incorporating things that is obviously can trigger allergies.

It's not a flub, it's listing accompaniments just like the other menu descriptions. The filet, chicken, lamb chops, and tortellini do not repeat the titular ingredient in the description, either.

I’m just sad because both dishes we sampled at BOG are now gone - the lovely mussels appetizer and the shrimp and scallops. It was my bf’s favorite meal at Disney.

Eyeballing trying the bouillabaisse when I try the new menu. As others said, the menu is fine. I dislike the lack of choice and removal of some of my personal favorites. I’ll still enjoy the food, I’m sure.

It was even better before it was over fettucine, back when it was served in puff pastry. That lobster sauce, yum.

This is the menu - the only thing they didn't show here was the dessert which they came out with a little later - the white chocolate Chip cup with mousse I think

Thank you for bringing that forward; I had missed it earlier in the thread. It confirms my recollection that the tortellini originally looked like they might be vegan-friendly. But what's on the menu that came out today definitely is not.

Thank you!

I'm disappointed to see that they went with the dessert trio, no choice. And for some reason, when this announcement was first made, I thought the vegetarian entrée seemed like it was more vegan-friendly. Oh well, I guess I'll be cancelling this ADR after all.
I agree, not great options. I'm vegetarian, and GF, so I guess I'll have to call and see if they can do anything for me.

I’m here at BOG right now. Just took a few photos of the menu, which I’m unable to post right now. I’ll work on it later. Dessert is still presented on the little carts (or not. See my edit below). Children’s menu no longer offers french fries (we inquired), and macaroni and cheese comes with bread crumbs (DD is not a fan). We asked if the bread crumbs can be left off. The server was uncertain. The table next to me has soup in the most gigantic soup bowl I have ever seen! Our bread just arrived and seems the same as always.

ETA: DD has just observed that the napkins here are no longer folded like roses.

Edit again: aside from the table next to me, no one else has received dessert on the carts. I will ask our server. Everyone else we have seen has had dessert brought to the table by their server.

Last edited:
$55 is beyond pathetic for what you are getting here, I understand they wanted to curtail this, but there are better ways than this, perhaps a minimum order per person/table? The problem here is there isn't a single appetizer that works for many with special dietary concerns (I am also going to put the prices based on the same or most similar items from the old menu or comparable items from other menus):
  • Escargot - Cooked in Alcohol, which is a concern for many and by they way, contrary to popular belief, it has been scientifically proven that alcohol does not fully cook out of foods - $12.99
  • French Onion Soup - In the past this has been vegetarian (not vegan) at this location, which is unusual for French Onion Soup, but most people loved it. This menu no longer specifies that the soup is vegetarian, it could be an oversight on the menu or they could have moved to the traditional beef based French Onion Soup. Additionally, this is typically cooked with Alcohol. - $6.49
  • Main Lobster Bisque - Bisque is traditionally cooked with Alcohol - $15
  • Charred Octopus - Many don't eat seafood - $19
  • Mixed Field Greens - Contains Sunflower seeds, which many with nut allergies have issues with and a a salad as an appetizer on a $55 meal? Really? - $10
  • Assorted Meats and Artisanal Cheese Selection - Has Liver Pate and pork products - Was $17, but served 2, so $8.50 for a single portion
Now, let's look at the Entrees:
  • Fillet Mignon - Overall decent, but cooked with Alcohol and there are those who don't eat Beef, should be able to be left off in this case - $35 (actually may be slightly lower)
  • Smoked Ricotta and Corn Tortellini - May be cooked with Alcohol and is the only vegetarian dish - $15
  • Spice Dusted Lamb Chops - Contains lamb, which again is an issue for some, may be cooked with Alcohol - $25
  • Poulet Rouge Chicken - Contains Pork - $25
  • Seafood Bouillabaisse - Likely cooked with Alcohol, Seafood again - $25
  • Roasted Pork Tenderloin - Pork - $28
Desserts:
  • Almond Macaron - I know what a Macron and a Macaroon is, but not sure what a Macaron is - Contains nuts - $5
  • White Chocolate Chip Cup with Grey Stuff - Grey Stuff contains gelatin, which will be derived from cow, pig and other bones making it unsafe for vegetarians and those who don't eat beef or pork - $5
  • Dark Chocolate Truffle - contains Alcohol - $6
So to even reach a value of $55 you would have to order:
  • Lobster Bisque or Octopus
  • Fillet Mignon (and even that is questionable, as the price seems high)
  • Dark Chocolate Truffle
For a non adventurous eater that doesn't eat beef or pork, let's go with the safest options:
  • Mixed Greens - $10
  • Tortellini - $15
  • Almond Macaron - $5
  • Total - $30

$55 is not a good value for this menu, even factoring in Disney's inflated prices, which the prices above do and the only character you get is Beast. Atmosphere can't count, as lunch also has the same atmosphere just minus the meet with Beast. And Lunch you could easily be under $20 for the entire meal, including drink, appetizer, entree and dessert.

Very well said.

Thank you for bringing that forward; I had missed it earlier in the thread. It confirms my recollection that the tortellini originally looked like they might be vegan-friendly. But what's on the menu that came out today definitely is not.

Maybe they would make a special vegan dish? As I said, I'm going to have to find out if they will make something for me, as I'm vegetarian and gluten sensitive. We have dinner reserved in Aug. I'd rather try lunch but nothing was available

$55 is beyond pathetic for what you are getting here, I understand they wanted to curtail this, but there are better ways than this, perhaps a minimum order per person/table? The problem here is there isn't a single appetizer that works for many with special dietary concerns (I am also going to put the prices based on the same or most similar items from the old menu or comparable items from other menus):
  • Escargot - Cooked in Alcohol, which is a concern for many and by they way, contrary to popular belief, it has been scientifically proven that alcohol does not fully cook out of foods - $12.99
  • French Onion Soup - In the past this has been vegetarian (not vegan) at this location, which is unusual for French Onion Soup, but most people loved it. This menu no longer specifies that the soup is vegetarian, it could be an oversight on the menu or they could have moved to the traditional beef based French Onion Soup. Additionally, this is typically cooked with Alcohol. - $6.49
  • Main Lobster Bisque - Bisque is traditionally cooked with Alcohol - $15
  • Charred Octopus - Many don't eat seafood - $19
  • Mixed Field Greens - Contains Sunflower seeds, which many with nut allergies have issues with and a a salad as an appetizer on a $55 meal? Really? - $10
  • Assorted Meats and Artisanal Cheese Selection - Has Liver Pate and pork products - Was $17, but served 2, so $8.50 for a single portion
Now, let's look at the Entrees:
  • Fillet Mignon - Overall decent, but cooked with Alcohol and there are those who don't eat Beef, should be able to be left off in this case - $35 (actually may be slightly lower)
  • Smoked Ricotta and Corn Tortellini - May be cooked with Alcohol and is the only vegetarian dish - $15
  • Spice Dusted Lamb Chops - Contains lamb, which again is an issue for some, may be cooked with Alcohol - $25
  • Poulet Rouge Chicken - Contains Pork - $25
  • Seafood Bouillabaisse - Likely cooked with Alcohol, Seafood again - $25
  • Roasted Pork Tenderloin - Pork - $28
Desserts:
  • Almond Macaron - I know what a Macron and a Macaroon is, but not sure what a Macaron is - Contains nuts - $5
  • White Chocolate Chip Cup with Grey Stuff - Grey Stuff contains gelatin, which will be derived from cow, pig and other bones making it unsafe for vegetarians and those who don't eat beef or pork - $5
  • Dark Chocolate Truffle - contains Alcohol - $6
So to even reach a value of $55 you would have to order:
  • Lobster Bisque or Octopus
  • Fillet Mignon (and even that is questionable, as the price seems high)
  • Dark Chocolate Truffle
For a non adventurous eater that doesn't eat beef or pork, let's go with the safest options:
  • Mixed Greens - $10
  • Tortellini - $15
  • Almond Macaron - $5
  • Total - $30

$55 is not a good value for this menu, even factoring in Disney's inflated prices, which the prices above do and the only character you get is Beast. Atmosphere can't count, as lunch also has the same atmosphere just minus the meet with Beast. And Lunch you could easily be under $20 for the entire meal, including drink, appetizer, entree and dessert.

Well its not a rip off.

Lets see, I would get the lobster bisque which is 15. The filet which is 35, the grey stuff which is 5, and then the drink which ill call another 5. They should give me an alcoholic beverage with this, but whatever, ill settle on coke

So that comes out to 60 dollars. I'll basically say it costs what its supposed to cost if your paying $55. Its by no way a deal, but its basically what its supposed to cost.

Now this only works for ME because thats what I would get. If people get the cheaper items, it doesn't make much sense.

The tiffins prefix you can save some money with.

Now I will add this. IF the food is cooked different and tastes incredible, then I do not care what the price is. That will be a big factor. Gotta see if that changes now.

Maybe they would make a special vegan dish? As I said, I'm going to have to find out if they will make something for me, as I'm vegetarian and gluten sensitive. We have dinner reserved in Aug. I'd rather try lunch but nothing was available

I'll be on the lookout for reports from veg*n diners, for sure!

And those desserts.... the more I think about it, the more I wonder what they were thinking. Tree nuts, eggs, dairy, gelatin, oh my! Vegetarians, vegans, and people with many of the most common allergies will have problems with it. And that doesn't even count "regular" eaters who simply may not like one or more of the elements of the dessert.

I'll be on the lookout for reports from veg*n diners, for sure!

And those desserts.... the more I think about it, the more I wonder what they were thinking. Tree nuts, eggs, dairy, gelatin, oh my! Vegetarians, vegans, and people with many of the most common allergies will have problems with it. And that doesn't even count "regular" eaters who simply may not like one or more of the elements of the dessert.

Disney has always been incredible when it comes to people with allergies so I doubt they won't accommodate when actually in restaurant

It's going to be a no for us. I can't justify the cost, especially when I can eat lunch for $15.

This is exactly why they have made the choice they have, with the options and price points they have. They don’t have to cater to everyone, at every restaurant. Sure, they know this is a popular spot. They also know that for every individual complaining about the change to the menu, the prices being too high, the groups that aren’t being catered to...that there are five to six families willing to gladly make a reservation and pay whatever the price and eat whatever is on the menu. Disney has learned demand for their more “exclusive” spots, or anything that is thought to be exclusive, has gone through the roof and doesn’t show signs of stopping.

Before anyone says anything like “oh, this’ll stop it”

I don’t really think so. Look at all the parties within parties they sell. They sell customers tickets after they’ve already bought a ticket!! Then, they sell them another ticket to another party, within that party!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter