New BOG Dinner Menu

I’m just sad because both dishes we sampled at BOG are now gone - the lovely mussels appetizer and the shrimp and scallops. It was my bf’s favorite meal at Disney.

Eyeballing trying the bouillabaisse when I try the new menu. As others said, the menu is fine. I dislike the lack of choice and removal of some of my personal favorites. I’ll still enjoy the food, I’m sure.

Last edited:
Overall, I'm disappointed in the changes at BOG. I liked the a la carte menu. I don't like being forced to buy more food than I can eat at expensive prices. It used to be a haven for adults wanting a beer or glass of wine. Now, it's a meet and greet at $55 and $35 per person. We spent $55 an adult before, but it was the way we wanted to spend our money (entree, split desserts, have a few drinks).

I think you answered the question about why it went to a pre-fixe at dinner. They had too many tables being taken up by people who only wanted a glass of wine, a beer or a cupcake instead of ordering a full ala-carte meal like what you were doing. Those were expensive tables to be used only for drinks nd not a lot of revenue coming in. Now that is no longer an option. Will it work financially? Time will tell.

But all of these are ala carte and have way more choices for appetizers and Desserts then this menu.

I'm not sure I'd agree with "way more." I was just looking at CG and Narcoossee's. 3 apps and 3 desserts on each of those kids meals. Now, sure, 3 is more than 2, and percentage wise it is "way more," but functionally, it's in line.

You can do an app, mac and cheese, and the most expensive child dessert at CG for $21. The tenderloin at CG gets you up to $30.

What this menu doesn't account for is the child who is 10+ and picky. Ugh. I don't think my daughter will eat from that adult menu!

This may mean that another restaurant with a la carte options will be a better choice for that family. Not every restaurant has to be a good choice for every guest.

I'm not sure I'd agree with "way more." I was just looking at CG and Narcoossee's. 3 apps and 3 desserts on each of those kids meals. Now, sure, 3 is more than 2, and percentage wise it is "way more," but functionally, it's in line.

You can do an app, mac and cheese, and the most expensive child dessert at CG for $21. The tenderloin at CG gets you up to $30.

This may mean that another restaurant with a la carte options will be a better choice for that family. Not every restaurant has to be a good choice for every guest.

The difference functionally in all of those restaurants I can choose to not get an appetizer at all for my child or a dessert and pay just for the entree if the choices are items that my child either can't or won't eat. BOG you now cannot so your effectively wasting 10 to 20 dollars for Atmosphere. Having the ability to choose and having more options to chose form whether the choice be 1 more or above does not make this in my opinion a good use of comparison. It's the same as comparing this price pp to that of the Buffets at Disney with the Buffet I would get WAY :) more food (good or bad).

Am I the only one that read “rogue chicken” on the menu and thought Star Wars (or Muppets)?

It took me a minute for the French to kick in)

The adult menu doesn't seem too bad. But, I think they may run into some serious issues with the kid's offerings ... especially at the $35 price-point.

I agree... the adult menu looks OK to me -- I actually like more of the choices now and $55 per adult for an appetizer, entree and dessert doesn't seem too far off base price-wise.

But the kids menu seems quite overpriced at $35 and the two appetizers -- iceberg wedge salad and a fruit & cheese plate -- are not enough of a variety. And while I'm sure there are many children who would be OK with those options, I am sure a great many will NOT be.

We're not going - never even considered it, this trip (we were there in the Fall of 2013) - but if I did have an ADR, I'd have to drop it because my son (9 next month) might eat a portion of the meal and I won't spend $35 for him to pick at food he doesn't care for.

As other restaurants, will they let older kids (13 and 11) eat off the kids menu? If not, I’ll be canceling our November reservation.

I understand why they're going prix fixe. And I understand why some may be dismayed at the options on either menu.

But that may be beneficial for all, as it adds more selectivity to who is competing for the limited available ADRs there. And it will still be competition.

For those who don't like the menu or the price, they should seek out other options. And that's fine.

I think a lot of non-ala carte options become an issue for a few years at the 10-year-old cut off, and so that this is no different isn't a shock or alarming.

I think you answered the question about why it went to a pre-fixe at dinner. They had too many tables being taken up by people who only wanted a glass of wine, a beer or a cupcake instead of ordering a full ala-carte meal like what you were doing. Those were expensive tables to be used only for drinks nd not a lot of revenue coming in. Now that is no longer an option. Will it work financially? Time will tell.

$55 is beyond pathetic for what you are getting here, I understand they wanted to curtail this, but there are better ways than this, perhaps a minimum order per person/table? The problem here is there isn't a single appetizer that works for many with special dietary concerns (I am also going to put the prices based on the same or most similar items from the old menu or comparable items from other menus):
  • Escargot - Cooked in Alcohol, which is a concern for many and by they way, contrary to popular belief, it has been scientifically proven that alcohol does not fully cook out of foods - $12.99
  • French Onion Soup - In the past this has been vegetarian (not vegan) at this location, which is unusual for French Onion Soup, but most people loved it. This menu no longer specifies that the soup is vegetarian, it could be an oversight on the menu or they could have moved to the traditional beef based French Onion Soup. Additionally, this is typically cooked with Alcohol. - $6.49
  • Main Lobster Bisque - Bisque is traditionally cooked with Alcohol - $15
  • Charred Octopus - Many don't eat seafood - $19
  • Mixed Field Greens - Contains Sunflower seeds, which many with nut allergies have issues with and a a salad as an appetizer on a $55 meal? Really? - $10
  • Assorted Meats and Artisanal Cheese Selection - Has Liver Pate and pork products - Was $17, but served 2, so $8.50 for a single portion
Now, let's look at the Entrees:
  • Fillet Mignon - Overall decent, but cooked with Alcohol and there are those who don't eat Beef, should be able to be left off in this case - $35 (actually may be slightly lower)
  • Smoked Ricotta and Corn Tortellini - May be cooked with Alcohol and is the only vegetarian dish - $15
  • Spice Dusted Lamb Chops - Contains lamb, which again is an issue for some, may be cooked with Alcohol - $25
  • Poulet Rouge Chicken - Contains Pork - $25
  • Seafood Bouillabaisse - Likely cooked with Alcohol, Seafood again - $25
  • Roasted Pork Tenderloin - Pork - $28
Desserts:
  • Almond Macaron - I know what a Macron and a Macaroon is, but not sure what a Macaron is - Contains nuts - $5
  • White Chocolate Chip Cup with Grey Stuff - Grey Stuff contains gelatin, which will be derived from cow, pig and other bones making it unsafe for vegetarians and those who don't eat beef or pork - $5
  • Dark Chocolate Truffle - contains Alcohol - $6
So to even reach a value of $55 you would have to order:
  • Lobster Bisque or Octopus
  • Fillet Mignon (and even that is questionable, as the price seems high)
  • Dark Chocolate Truffle
For a non adventurous eater that doesn't eat beef or pork, let's go with the safest options:
  • Mixed Greens - $10
  • Tortellini - $15
  • Almond Macaron - $5
  • Total - $30

$55 is not a good value for this menu, even factoring in Disney's inflated prices, which the prices above do and the only character you get is Beast. Atmosphere can't count, as lunch also has the same atmosphere just minus the meet with Beast. And Lunch you could easily be under $20 for the entire meal, including drink, appetizer, entree and dessert.

$55 is beyond pathetic for what you are getting here, I understand they wanted to curtail this, but there are better ways than this, perhaps a minimum order per person/table? The problem here is there isn't a single appetizer that works for many with special dietary concerns (I am also going to put the prices based on the same or most similar items from the old menu or comparable items from other menus):
  • Escargot - Cooked in Alcohol, which is a concern for many and by they way, contrary to popular belief, it has been scientifically proven that alcohol does not fully cook out of foods - $12.99
  • French Onion Soup - In the past this has been vegetarian (not vegan) at this location, which is unusual for French Onion Soup, but most people loved it. This menu no longer specifies that the soup is vegetarian, it could be an oversight on the menu or they could have moved to the traditional beef based French Onion Soup. Additionally, this is typically cooked with Alcohol. - $6.49
  • Mixed Field Greens - Contains Sunflower seeds, which many with nut allergies have issues with and a a salad as an appetizer on a $55 meal? Really? - $10
  • Assorted Meats and Artisanal Cheese Selection - Has Liver Pate and pork products - Was $17, but served 2, so $8.50 for a single portion
  • Fillet Mignon - Overall decent, but cooked with Alcohol and there are those who don't eat Beef, should be able to be left off in this case - $35 (actually may be slightly lower)
  • Smoked Ricotta and Corn Tortellini - May be cooked with Alcohol and is the only vegetarian dish - $15
  • Spice Dusted Lamb Chops - Contains lamb, which again is an issue for some, may be cooked with Alcohol - $25
Desserts:
  • Almond Macaron - I know what a Macron and a Macaroon is, but not sure what a Macaron is - Contains nuts - $5
  • White Chocolate Chip Cup with Grey Stuff - Grey Stuff contains gelatin, which will be derived from cow, pig and other bones making it unsafe for vegetarians and those who don't eat beef or pork - $5
  • Dark Chocolate Truffle
For a non adventurous eater that doesn't eat beef or pork, let's go with the safest options:
  • Mixed Greens - $10
  • Tortellini - $15
  • Almond Macaron - $5
  • Total - $30

$55 is not a good value for this menu, even factoring in Disney's inflated prices, which the prices above do and the only character you get is Beast. Atmosphere can't count, as lunch also has the same atmosphere just minus the meet with Beast. And Lunch you could easily be under $20 for the entire meal, including drink, appetizer, entree and dessert.

I can't get over the children's menu pricing. Just a few months ago, your 4 year old could get:

upload_2018-7-27_13-14-29.png

So $15-18 got you a 3 course meal with beverage.

Why would anyone want to go and pay double now? Makes 0 sense. It's one of the most disappointing actions I've seen WDW take. Is the Beast bringing me the food? Are the dishes singing and dancing?!

Desserts:
  • Dark Chocolate Truffle
  • Mixed Greens - $10
  • Tortellini - $15
  • Almond Macaron - $5
  • Total - $30

I agree with your assessment. No matter how you look at it, $55 is a rip off, even for Disney. The dinner menu STILL is not posted, so I can't double-check, but I think for dessert, you get all three options, which means they are sample-sized. I don't think you pick and choose.

I can't get over the children's menu pricing. Just a few months ago, your 4 year old could get:

View attachment 339790

So $15-18 got you a 3 course meal with beverage.

Why would anyone want to go and pay double now? Makes 0 sense. It's one of the most disappointing actions I've seen WDW take. Is the Beast bringing me the food? Are the dishes singing and dancing?!
Maybe the Beast hand feeds you. LOL

I agree with all of this - I have a reservation next month and I'm ready to cancel it after seeing all this.

I haven’t tried lunch, so now I’m thinking that would be fun to try if I’m not sold on the dinner menu. I’d like to take my mom to see the restaurant. Then we can eat at Kona after park close!

Desserts:
  • Dark Chocolate Truffle
  • Mixed Greens - $10
  • Tortellini - $15
  • Almond Macaron - $5
  • Total - $30

I’m not going to defend the price (especially for kids meals) but as far as Disney pricing goes, it’s not horrible. It’s the ambience people want, and Disney knows they’ll pay.

Just a note, you get all 3 desserts.

But I think focusing so heavily on an allergy or alcohol assessment is premature. The menu can be judged at face value but we don’t know yet how well Disney will customize to fit certain allergies or restrictions. My 2 year old has a dairy allergy, and in the several times we’ve taken her to Disney, every single table service restaurant (buffet or otherwise) has gone above and beyond to customize a meal to both her restrictions and preferences. My adult sister with celiacs gets the same treatment. It’s not simply remove the seeds from the salad, they work with you to customize the experience to make it enjoyable.

So I think it’s too early to judge the menu on its allergy-friendliness goes until we have signs that the chef is not accommodating. But in typical WDW fashion, they usually go above and beyond.

Almond Macaron - I know what a Macron and a Macaroon is, but not sure what a Macaron
Really? https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/macaron
Definition of macaron
: a light, often brightly colored sandwich cookie consisting of two rounded disks made from a batter of egg whites, sugar, and almond flour surrounding a sweet filling (as of ganache, buttercream, or jam)
  • Note that we speak here of the Parisian macaron, two airy almond meringue cookies pressed around a creamy filling—not those tiny bombs of shredded coconut that, on our shores, answer to the name "macaroon."
  • —Ligaya Mishan
https://www.bing.com/images/search?...ages&simid=608004867215789002&selectedIndex=0

It's similar to Chefs de France...what is the prix fixe pricing there? It should be more at BOG due to characters and being in Beast's castle. We are going in Dec and my picky 19 year old twin DDs will enjoy the food. They loved the prix fixe menu at Chefs. There is something nice about being able to select whatever you want from each course...much like a cruise. And if you aren't liking the menu choices, due to being cooked with alcohol or your picky kid won't eat any of it or what you would want to order isn't a good value at $55...well then don't go there. The beauty of WDW dining is that there is something for everyone in the dozens of venues on property. Select venues that are good for you.

I’m confused by the pork dish. They say tenderloin and then say pork belly. Aren’t they two different things — one lean and one super fatty?

Anyhow; we’re giving it a go this December. Unless reviews say, “Don’t do it!” I think the new menu looks appealing overall — and not priced badly for three courses. Bummer part is we rarely want three courses, but c’est la vie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter