NEW (and IMPROVED, if THAT's possible!)Wilderness Lodge FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had an upgrade lasr time to a "Woods View" but with a lobby entrance door. It was occasionally noisy from Whispering Canyon but after a while all the "noise" of the lobby became background and we didn't really notice it.

On another note, why does it seem everybody except my local Comcast get The Travel Channel? I feel deprived. I keep rquesting it but there is never any change. Boo- hoo!

2be married - CONGRATULATIONS !!!

we spent our honeymoon at wilderness lodge villas in 2002 and just LOVED it. and just came back from a week at the wilderness lodge vacation 2003.

you asked about the beds, my husband is 6'1" and he is very picky about beds. we have a firm pillow top queen size. anyway, whenever we book at any of the moderates i book a king size. we had a courtyard room at wilderness lodge and my husband actually commented how great he tought our bed was. we had a room with two queen size beds. we were very comfortable, thought there was enough room in the bed and his feet were not hanging over the end. i though personally that the bed was nice and firm and very comfortable.

so, good luck, and have a very magical time on your honeymoon. my thoughts are with you. enjoy every minute and especially enjoy each other and make tons of memories. :D :D

Stanley,

I'm right there with you. DH works for Comcast and I keep asking him if he thinks we are going to get the Travel Channel soon.

They have it in Grand Rapids and other systems but not here.

He says each system is different.

I would also like the Food Channel.

On the bright side, we get about 1,000 government access channels so I can always watch the local school board meeting-I'd like to see the $30,000 solid cherry meeting table they purchased with our tax money.;)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Woohoo, you finally did it! (check out my post on "Ya-ya..."). I found that the beds at WL (with the exception of the new beds at CBR) to be the MOST COMFORTABLE OF ALL WDW RESORTS [including my stay at S/D]. The beds here tend to be a little more firm (I don't know why:confused: ) Are you wearing those pins you made??? Hope your stay is MAGICAL and MEMORABLE..."talk" to ya soon!:D

travelgoddess~
I personally liked the upper floors better, as well as the "inside" court view...better access to the elevators, and we were "even" with the waterfalls, yet we could still see the pool area as well as the lake.....:p

Well, I did it. Changed our travel dates to the last week in October and moved from the Poly to the WL. I was all set to book courtyard view, but when I checked the website today it only had standard and lodge view, so I'm now looking forward to lodge view. I've changed these reservations about 5 times now, but I feel 99% confident that they won't be changing any more. The FTP was just too good of a deal to pass up and I'm really looking forward to seeing the WL first hand. I still may ask about concierge when we get there though....

How far is the path from WL to FW. We tried the trailsend buffet
before. We took the boat from CR to FW. I didn't even know there
was a foot path.

hi all,

we have a ressie at the wl for three nights courtyard view in december 12 - 15. just called disney and tried to extend from december 11 - 16. the cm said that there was no courtyard views available for that time. wow. there were standard and woods (lodge) views available. courtyard seems to be getting popular. he did check out from december 12 - 17 and i got in. no biggie, i just like to get there on a thursday instead of friday. but just getting there is magical enough.

thought you all should know. have a disney day.:D

Yes, the distance is not quite a mile, but it seems longer, because you are walking along a nicely wooded path. It is, however, nice and cool, especially on a very hot, humid day!

hi all,

I thought that some of you wilderness lodgers might want know that in the courtyard view of the lodge, it is very easy to see into the rooms across from you. just a little warning.

The past few times at the wilderness lodge, my husband and i have had a courtyard view, and we just love to sit out on the balcony and watch the activity of the pool and see the view. although, innocently looking across to the other wing of the resort, we noticed a young lady standing by her sliding glass door in her birthday suit. this has happened more than once in different rooms, especially in the morning while people are getting ready for the day. i don't think they realize what you can see from across the courtyard. one morning we even had a couple come out on the balcony (6th floor) completely naked and look over the balcony. i actually felt bad going out on the balcony, but just learned to watch the pool and the other sights.

it's not that it offended us or anything, we just brushed it off. but i just thought i should say something. even my husband and i had to remember many times to close the drapes. could you imagine if someone had binoculars? so if we saw what we saw who else can see it and you never know who that other person is.

this of course will never deter us from staying at the wilderness lodge, we love that resort, it's the best.

just wanted to let you all know.

:D

Returned last night from 8 days at WL. We had booked 7 nights and arrived a day early and were able to get in. First night we stayed courtyard view(Room 5134... view of quiet pool and slight view of lake if you leaned out on balcony.....upgraded to concierge for $50/night after that...room 7120...poor view but had bunkbeds....essential for DS 5 and DD 9. Our opinion is somewhat colored by the fact that we usually stay at GF concierge
but overall we enjoyed the stay. Transportation was generally good except returning after fireworks at MK we were at the tail end of the line and waited over an hour for a boat. Boats generally went to MK first in the AM's and then FW , reversing at night which was convenient. Concierge breakfast was convenient but the same each day...last 2 days we opted for Roaring Forks for variety...and yes they had KK doughnuts. Pool looks small but is plenty big...and yes the slide is bigger and more fun than it looks. Concierge service and Mousekeeping were good but not exceptional. Rooms are smallish for a deluxe resort but big enough, as we spent little time there. Did not notice the noise others mention. DW and DD want to go back to GF next time, DS loves the bunkbeds and the cool factor too much to go anywhere else and I like the cost savings vs GF concierge to consider going back to WL next time.

Hi Travelgoddess!
The path takes about 15 to 20 minutes walking. Very nice walk! A nice relaxing pace from what you do in the parks. Just ask at desk they can direct you to path or you should see it on lodge map!
Arly

hi all,

got a question, i have been reading about turndown service. does wl have this service? if we are staying in a room with courtyard view can we get this? also, how much do they charge?

help is appreciated. thanks :D

Just returned from our first stay at WL...we had a 5th floor woods view overlooking otter pond - and yes there are otters..Really nice view!
(Not sure if this was mentioned before - if so, sorry for the duplicate) For those with little ones, don't forget to join in the duck races at the pool..(Rubber ducks are floated down the creek to the waterfall and the first one wins). The kids get to "bet" on a duck and win a prize if their duck is first..Our DS was so excited to win! He ran to get his certificate which turned out to be a free hour boat rental!!! Wow - i thought he was getting a free soda! We used it the last day to rent a water mouse and had a great time...

You know, I'm not sure, but everyone looked under 13 or 14...That's not saying you would have to be though...If I had known a free boat rental was being offered, I probably would have been there too!;)

I notice on WDW's site, it lists a deluxe room with 2 Q beds and 1 Q sofa bed. Where are these rooms located? I have 3 children and need somewhere that the 5 of us can stay and I'd really like to try the WL next time. I'd like a woods view. Anyone know where the deluxe rooms are? And how about the WL villas? What kind of view do they have and what kind of access? Thanks all!

Hey guys... I just booked WL for the first week of Oct!! First time taking my kids and first time ever at WL!!! :teeth:

What I can't figure out is ... which room should I request to be able to see fireworks at MK???? :confused: I know my kids won't be able to stay awake for them at the park, so I figured, DH and I could check them out from our room! So, do you request an actual room, or area?

Also, do all rooms have balconies? I am so excited.... since I booked last week ... I have been thinking about this trip DAY and NIGHT!

Thanks for the info in advance!

For info on Deluxe rooms.

I heard they are on the corners... is that true?
If on corners i guess they are on both sides of resort. Does one side have a better view than the other?

I have found just a few pics of inside the room.

would love to see more.

Thanks for your help.
:jester:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter