NEW (and IMPROVED, if THAT's possible!)Wilderness Lodge FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so excited I'm almost giddy......:teeth::teeth::teeth:

We weren't planning on returning to WDW until 2004 but decided we couldn't pass up the great deals being offered through the FTP, so we're going Oct 25-Nov 1!!!! We stayed at WL for the first time last year right around this same time frame in Oct and just loved everything about it. We can't wait to go back. We're actually going to surprise our girls this time until just before we go which I think will be very cool.

I just wanted to pop by and say a quick hello. I got so many incredible tips and info from these boards last year when I was planning, I'm sure this time will be no different!!:D :D

We have a PS for CRT at 8:10am. MK is NOT EMH that day so I know transportation starts at 8am, but that would most likely make us late for our PS. Anyother way to get to MK from WL so that we can be at the gates at 8am to go to our PS?

We had this exact situation last year. We took the bus from WL to the TTC and from there hopped on the monorail to the MK. We made it there by 8 AM with no problems. :D

Thanks Wiscmomof2!
I just hope I can remember that. What time does the bus start to run?

I can't remember exactly what time we got the bus, but I would guess it was between 7:15- 7:30. We were fortunate as a bus was pulling up just as we walked up to the stop and we were the only people on it. From there it was smooth sailing. :D Our PS was acutally for 8:20 but they seated us early as we were one of the first in the restaurant that morning. Hope this helps!:D

I know I have also heard of some resorts having a van for those with early PS inside the parks, particularly MK. I think you had to inquire at guest services at your hotel. Maybe someone knows if WL does this.

annamonte-In regards to your question about a room with the view of the fireworks, I dont have an answer. BUT FYI- in October there are usually only fireworks on Saturday nights (with the exception of if there is a Mickeys Not So Scarey Halloween party scheduled during a weeknight).
Just thought I would let you know in case you dont get that perfect room, you wont be missing much.

WOOHOO!! My 900th post. What more fitting place to put it but right here with the rest of the WL Vets.

Sorry, back on topic.

Question for you all-I see that there are two e-nights occuring during our August stay.
Does anyone know if the boats provide transportion back to WL on e-nights? The one I want to attend ends at midnight, would they still run the boat that late?
If not, we will just drive to MK, but its so much more convenient to take the ferry ride.
Thanks!

JBurke... Thanks for the info. There are two nights of the Not So Scary Halloween Party... so, maybe I will be lucky!

I am just trying to get as much as I can out of this trip! I haven't been to Disney in 10 years!!!!! Can you believe I lasted that long!?!?
Also, do you know if all rooms have balconies? Thanks!

:bounce: When will October get here!?!?!? :Pinkbounc

Wondering if anyone can tell me about this FTP that I've seen mentioned. Is it a discount rate? I'm have reservations at WL for 22-26Oct ( our 27th wedding anniversary). Looking forward to staying at WL (1st time) and I'm always looking for a better deal.

Thanks,
Mommary:)

Mommary - FTP is if you buy a 4 night package with UPH tickets you get 7 nights and 8 days of tickets for the 4 night price. Offer expires June 30. Offer good for stays 7/4 - 10/30/03. You have to stay 7 nights I think. No discount on 4 nights or shorter. It's a great deal. We got 7 nights for 2 adults and 2 kids at WL woods view, value season for something like $1900 ( can't remember the exact number).
You should try it if you can go for 1 week.

You only have to stay a minimum of 5 nights with the FT package.

Obviously, you might as well stay 7 to really take full advantage of the package. If you only stay 5, one night will be free.

Good luck with your planning.

Thanks for responding so quickly. Of course I've heard about this package but we can't stay longer than the scheduled 4 nights.
I'm new to this site so it will take me awhile to pick up the lingo!
I am enjoying reading about everyone's experiences and I'm picking up alot of info for my next trip.
I would like to have a gift in the room for my DH when we check in the room. He likes a cigar and enjoys smoking them at Mizners at the Grand Floridian. Would I get in touch with WL directly to see if they could help me arrange something?
Thanks again.
MOMMARY

1975 OFF PROPERTY
1976 CONTEMPORARY (HONEYMOON)
1984 POLYNESIAN
1986 OFF PROPERTY
1987 FAIRWAY VILLAS
1988 CONTEMPORARY
1993 WILDERNESS RESORT CAMPGROUNDS
1996 ALL STAR MOVIE
1997 CONTEMPORARY
1998 ALL STAR MOVIE
1999 GRAND FLORIDIAN
2000 CARIBBEAN BEACH
2001 POLYNESIAN
2002 POLYNESIAN

Originally posted by JBurke
Question for you all-I see that there are two e-nights occuring during our August stay.
Does anyone know if the boats provide transportion back to WL on e-nights? The one I want to attend ends at midnight, would they still run the boat that late?
If not, we will just drive to MK, but its so much more convenient to take the ferry ride.
Thanks!
This is from a different thread, but it answers your question:

Originally posted by BrerMom
The boats are so fun! Once I went on a round trip from WL to MK and back with our little one because he loved it so much. To get to Epcot, it's more fun to take the boat to MK and then transfer to the monorail. The boats come at very regular intervals; we never waited more than 15 minutes, even if we got to the dock as a boat was leaving.

The only transportation snafu we've had was after e-night. It was not fun at all. For some reason, the boats weren't running after e-night :mad:. Our kids enjoyed e-night immensely, but it took over an hour to get back to WL. I was so tired from holding DS and trying to keep older DS from going to sleep, I was about ready to drop. We had to take a bus from MK to the TTC and catch a Fort Wilderness bus, which turned out to be much more difficult than it sounds. Then I remember a very long bus ride, so I think WL was dropped off after winding through Fort Wilderness. DS went to sleep standing up next to his dad. :( If we could just taken a 10-minute boat ride......

We're doing the single digit dance and are staying at WL again. I can't wait! We absolutely love it there. :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

...if the Character breakfast buses are still running, you can just catch one right to MK!! We were told by a CM at CBR that they don't start untill 7:30, but, lo and behold, one was at the bus stop at 7AM SHARP!!

Question on the boat/ferry from WL to MK...

Does it ALWAYS stop at FW first? Or does it go just to MK from WL? Is there a "Local"(stopping at FW) or an "express" (going directly to MK?)? Is there a certain schedule?

Thanks!

I'm back from the Lodge. I had a nice stay, but it could have been better. Our mousekeeping was not great at all, and the room was dirty. The very first room I had was horrible. The whole carpet was wet!! SO they moved us to 6149. It had a great view of everything, and it was a courtyard view (they upgraded us). This room was much better, but far from the food and the bus stops. The view was beautiful, and the rooms really were lovely. It was the little things that made the room unpleasant. Long story short, we transfered over to the Contemporary Resort, and the rest of our trip was fine.

Transportation was horrible. I hated travelling to Fort Wilderness. They were really crowded, and made the trip longer for those at the lodge. They really do need (FW) their own transportation.

I think a lot depends on the time of day. Early in the morning, we have caught the boat and went directly to MK from WL and then other times of the day we have done both, go directly to MK and go to FW first.

**BUMP**

(Okay...plus I wanted to see mt countdown clock...almost at 60 days out!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter