NEW (and IMPROVED, if THAT's possible!)Wilderness Lodge FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dangit, that show was on the Travel Channel 3 times this week, and I missed it every time. If it's on again, would someone please tell me???

...I THINK it'll be on just ONE more time, but I'm not 100% sure:rolleyes: !!

I went to the disneyworld.com site today and for the dates I'm looking at in late October it shows the choices of "lodge view" and "courtyard view". When I click on the button that explains the views, it pops up a window with descriptions of "woods view" and "courtyard view". I remember a couple of days ago, someone said they called WDTC and asked to book a "standard view" at WL and the CM said there was no "standard view". I'm wondering if they've lumped "standard" and "woods" together to make "lodge" and if I book "lodge" I'm chancing getting a view of the parking lot, etc.

What do you think?

...call again. There certainly ARE standard rooms, usually located around the lobby, facing VWL (South Wing), and lobby (north wing). You MAY be able to see some trees (which, technically COULD, sorta, be construed as "woodsview"). However, woodsview rooms are further "down" on the "U" of the building. As you are walking down the hallway away from the lobby, the rooms to the right (north wing) and left (south wing) are "pool" view or "court" view. The rooms to the left (north wing) are considered "true" woodsview. Hope this helps....:D
kimmar

Well, it was on the website. I know just a day or two ago, it used to have "woods view" as an option, but today it has been replaced with "lodge view".

Anyway, I'm trying to decide whether to call and find out what concierge would run me on an FTP. I have a reservation for the Poly at the end of November, but the FTP, better weather for swimming and MNSSHP are luring me in to October. Of course the only rooms available at the Poly for the end of October are Lagoon View Concierge and that is way out of my league.

It seems like some people don't like courtyard view... are they really noisy or is there some other problem?

...I personally have stayed in a court/pool view room, and, when the balcony door is closed, it is pretty quiet. However, I was directly "next" to the waterfalls, and I thought that the "rushing water" sound was relaxing and almost hypnotic. Maybe THAT sound would bother some guests. I should state that I was on the sixth floor, so "people sounds" were not a concern. Perhaps there is more noise if you are staying in a room adjacent to the actual pool area....if you really want a court view, request inner court (as opposed to outer court-which is further down on the "U").

The rooms facing the Villas "quiet" pool are also "courtyard" and are very quiet rooms.

I would highly recommend this view if you wanted courtyard or woods view as it affords both. In my opinion the only better view would be an end room overlooking Bay Lake.

I think the fact that Disney choose this view to appear on the Travel Channel feature of the WL supports this conclusion.

To get it you would ask for the south east wing overlooking the Villas or the villas pool.

When I faxed in my requests I asked for the "best view possible" and I think they really gave it to me!

hi all,

i was just on the wdw website and looked at the views for the wl. they had a standard view, a lodge view (woods), and a courtyard view. that's how they wrote it in the descriptions "lodge view (woods). maybe they are just clarifying it a little since there is confusion sometimes. i wonder if this lodge view means looking at over to the villas?? lodge?? just a thought.

anyway, we had a fifth floor courtyard view overlooking trout pass snack bar and you could hear everyone down at the pool when you had the slider opened, but when we shut it we didn't hear a peep. hear more from the hall ways. we thought we had a great view. loved the location. though very far from the elevators. good exercise.

saw the wl on the travel channel, makes me want to go back, soon. i love that place.:D

Since this is the Wilderness Lodge thread I knew that you would understand. I just made my ressies for 2 WL concierge rooms, Jan 1-8 2004. I am so excited! Our family has never stayed on site and we have all ooohed and ahhhed over the WL, so, I did it! It will be a celebratory trip for oldest DD's graduation from nursing school, youngest DD's graduation from graduate school and DGD's "first ever" trip to WDW. This is supposed to be a surprise but I'm not sure I can keep my big mouth shut for over 200 days. The DH knows about the trip but he doesn't know it's gonna be the WL. The DD's and DSIL know it's WDW but not on site and DGD doesn't know any of this. I know I'm babbling here but I gotta tell someone and I knew you would all be able to relate. :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Congrats Swampkatz! Now all you have to do is sit back and let that countdown go. I know your family will love WL! It's been our favorite since 1997.

Originally posted by gogoofygo
We stayed in room 7046--great view of the castle and Fireworks!!
Total cost per night was $199--upgrade at check in. What is the usual rack rate for this type of concierge service?? I felt that I got a great deal--what do you think??

Did you have a queen and a set of bunks in room 7046? We are staying on level 7 concierge and would like the view of the castle and fireworks if possible!! Or do you know which rooms have them on the concierge floor? When we booked, they would not give any info out, just that it was non-smoking!
:rolleyes:

Wishing all you first timers the wonder and excitement we still feel every time we walk through those big doors. (we were to have been there this week but had to cancel as I am having surgery on Tuesday. ) I cannot wait to rebook that trip to the Lodge. It is to celebrate our 25th Anniversary. God, I love that place....:)

Although we have visited the WL before, we have never stayed
there. I just booked a courtyard room. Any advise for 2 adults, no kids.

While some do not like the closed balconies with children as they cannot see over them, we find the 6th floor to be great. The enclosed balcony gives you added privacy and the view cannot be beat.:D

...what a shame that you had to cancel WL! Hope that all goes well with your surgery.....and maybe you can "recover" sometime in the very near future at WL!!:D

Travelgoddess!
Hi! You both will love staying at the WL! We stayed there 12/02, and are going to stay there again 12/03. Take time to sit in the lobby and enjoy the fireplace, the smells, and either people watch or just enjoy each other! There are lots of little nooks, and crannies sit up to sit and be alone also! We had an inner-courtyard room so we enjoyed looking at the pool, and lake from our balcony! We also could see the ELWP at nite! Take the path over to FW, and have breakfast at Trails End! (yummy!) Then catch the boat to Magic Kingdom! Enjoy it is lovely!:earsgirl:

Hey Kimmar!!!!
We did it!! We're hitched and heading to Disney....but first I have a question for you. What are the beds like in the WL? We have a king size that is nice and firm...and we love that. Are the ones there really soft, a little soft, little firm or really firm? Also....are the pillows good??

THANKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter