Need help with how to establish a link between Animal Kingdom and a potential west side expansion of it.

Elijah Abrams

Mouseketeer
I need help with establishing a link/path between Disney's Animal Kingdom and a potential west side expansion of said park, so said expansion can be possible. The only thing that's preventing a park expansion is that dang facility/Cast Member parking lot standing in the way! Does anyone have suggestions for a pathway or two? How about a gondola lift? Thanks!
Screenshot 2024-04-15 at 12.28.25 AM.png

Looking at the map, the main issue there is West Savannah Circle. You'd probably have to re-route the entire street behind the new area, which would then cut off the smaller access roads that go behind guest areas (for deliveries and things like that).

If those access roads were not an issue, it seems like you could have a path between Tiffins and Starbucks (where that access road currently is) that could merge with the pathway between Pandora and Africa, and go out towards the new area.

Looking at the map, the main issue there is West Savannah Circle. You'd probably have to re-route the entire street behind the new area, which would then cut off the smaller access roads that go behind guest areas (for deliveries and things like that).

If those access roads were not an issue, it seems like you could have a path between Tiffins and Starbucks (where that access road currently is) that could merge with the pathway between Pandora and Africa, and go out towards the new area.
How about an elevated pathway/area, something like this at the San Diego Zoo?
IMG_1800.jpeg

Probably the most feasible way would be to head a bit farther north than the area you circled - if you were to cut into the parking lot at the upper end of that backstage area, and cut into the forested overflow queue area for Kilimanjaro Safari, you could potentially have a path that goes over that backstage area - either between Tusker House and Lion King (though that could be problematic for supply access to Tusker backstage), or between Kilimanjaro entrance and Tusker House (which would allow the Harambe access road to still get to the back of Tusker - There would need to be a bridge going over Savannah Circle - either by making Savannah Circle go through a tunnel similar to the way the Epcot Resort perimeter road does, or having the park access area go over a bridge (the tunnel would probably be the more seamless and hidden way to go about it).

West Savannah Circle is also the road that takes you back to some of the animal enclosures as part of those tours (Rhinos and Elephants) when you walk out (to the left of the Safari entrance and through that cast parking lot).

I would move what I believe is the cast parking lot behind the world of avatar. I’d expand that world with a E ticket way of water ride. That’s my 2 cents

I'd just find some empty space on the East side.... my 2 cents.

But I don't think Disney wants to really expand the park... there is a lot of empty space within the existing foot print. We know they can be creative with walls... that last years and years.

West Savannah Circle is also the road that takes you back to some of the animal enclosures as part of those tours (Rhinos and Elephants) when you walk out (to the left of the Safari entrance and through that cast parking lot).
They could build some bridges to the west side expansion area from the park.

I'd just find some empty space on the East side.... my 2 cents.
The East side is labeled as both a "conservation" and an "unsuitable" area on every CFTOD Comprehensive plan. They can't touch that area, and that's the problem Disney would face if they replaced Dinoland with Tropical Americas while also expanding it with animal habitats and trails.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter