Need help with booking multiple nights at RPR

ruthies12

DIS Veteran
So my plan is to fly down with the kids and hubby Friday night of MLK weekend in January and then on the following Tuesday they will fly back home without me and my sister will be flying down to join me. I originally booked a minion suite at Portofino and a 2 queen for the rest of the week also at Portofino but last weekend a Jurassic Park suite opened up at RPR and it was a $700 savings for my dates so I jumped on it and switched.

Now I want to book a 2 queen room at RPR for Jan 17th to 22nd so I'll be at the same hotel since that will be much easier during the room switching. When I put 17th to 22nd it only shows king room or club level 2 queens, there are no standard 2 queens for that whole time. However if I put in 17th to 21st it shows regular 2 queen room and if I put the 21st in by itself it show a standard 2 queen - but the standard 2 queen disappears if I put the whole time from 17th to 22nd in.

What the heck is going on and how do I get the same room for the whole time I need? Any suggestions? Should I go ahead and book them separately so I have a 2 queen room? Love my sis but we don't want to sleep in the same bed lol and I don't want to pay for club level cause we wouldn't use it

I would book them now separately just in case. I would bet you’ll be able to get just 1 reservation as the dates get closer. The worst that could happen is you have to pack up and move for the 1 night but Bell service should move your bags for you.

Also after you book the two reservations try calling the hotel directly and see if they can consolidate them. If not ask again when you actually check in.

Thought I'd update in case this happens to anybody else. I was trying to avoid having 2 deposits and separate room reservations so I booked Tuesday to Saturday and then ended up calling. The service rep on the phone had the same thing come up, where it said not available even though a standard 2 queen was available by itself, but she went and got a manager who was able to do some type of override and add the Saturday night to my reservation at the correct rate and correct room.

Still hoping an AP rate comes out this fall and I get to rebook the room at a cheaper rate but at least I have a reservation for sure now!

with the posts i read, many are booking far in advance now for onsite hotel rooms

since that demand is now up, i have not been able to better my deal for what i booked back in January this year for my fall trip

I hope you do get lucky and grab a special rate

i can live with what i booked but some need lower rates for their stay

with the posts i read, many are booking far in advance now for onsite hotel rooms

since that demand is now up, i have not been able to better my deal for what i booked back in January this year for my fall trip

I hope you do get lucky and grab a special rate

i can live with what i booked but some need lower rates for their stay
Keep checking Mac! I got lower rates at SF, and PB when AP rates came out, then just today RP had lowered AP for early Aug. really late release. So I switched from PB to RP.
And since first few days are at SF, it will be easier to switch over to RP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter