• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need help with a cheese ball

jenniferma

DIS Veteran
Hi-- I wanted to make a cheese ball to go with crackers etc.. I found this cute little recipe that made one that looked like a Snowman (with raisins for the mouth and eyes and a carrot for the nose) anyhow-- all they used was cream cheese mixed with cheddar cheese for the snowman-- does anyone have any ideas what I can mix with this to spice it up? That sounded pretty bland!

THANKS! jen :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: bananas by DD4....

A packet of Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix makes a really good cheese ball or dip. Just blend with the cream cheese and then blend in the cheddar.
HTH :wave:

I have a recipe I've used for years - it's got just the right amout of spice:

2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon dried chives
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

Mix it up, shape it into a ball and refrigerate - yummmm!

Here's the recipe my MIL shared with me. I make it all the time as it is always requested:
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 small green pepper, finely chopped
1 small jar pinentos, finely chopped
1 package cream cheese
1 8oz package cheddar cheese
Few dashes Worcestershire sauce (to taste)
Dash or 2 hot sauce
Tablespoon garlic powder (to taste)
Pepper

Mix well.

She doesn't measure much. I just keep a few crackers on hand to taste it as I work it. Never had a bad batch, so I think it is pretty hard to mess it up. You can adjust to your family's tastes as well.

You can add finely chopped pieces of cooked bacon.\

Also, you can roll the ball in chopped nuts so it's covered with them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter