Need advices on choosing Disney-own hotel in DL

mickeytai

DVC Member
So, we are closed to the 7- month period are planning our trip to DL in June 2012. I would like to use our points and stay in VGC for 3 nights. However, I am also trying to have a backup plan as well. (we can only stay for 2 nights in either PAradise Pier or Disneyland Hotel since we are saving points for our week long WDw trip in 2013). My questions are:

(1) if we are lucky to get a room in VGC, what kind of room views would you suggested?

(2) let say we couldn't get a room in VGC, which one would you choose, PP or DLH? I hears the DLH has undergone some new renovation.

Any advices are greatly appreciated. It's going to be our 10th wedding anniversary and probably our first and only DL visit given we love WDW. We are bring the kids with us, 7 and 5 y.o.

Thanks in advance.

Mickeytai

The new DLH renovated rooms are very nice from what I've seen - if you couldn't get VGC, would be a nice option. Also remember that unlike WDW, it's actually pretty easy to get to DL from off site hotels - some off site hotels are actually closer to DL than PP or DLH. If you're looking to save points for future WDW trips, you may even want to consider just paying for an offsite hotel instead?

http://www.anaheim411.com/2008_mapFRONT_xl.jpg

If you do end up getting a VGC room, I'd go for a World of Color view. :)

I have stayed in all 3 my least favorite is PP. The World of Color rooms at GCV are fantastic. The DLH rooms are nice too.

If we couldn't get in at VGC, we'd choose the DLH. They have a new pool area that looks like fun for June.

If you can get in at VGC, I would ask for a high floor. We had a room overlooking Paradise Park and my in-laws had a view of the challenge trail with views of Grizzly Peak and ToT in the distance. We were both on the third floor, and both views were lovely! We did enjoy the PP view, but we would have been just as satisfied with the in-laws' view as well. We haven't had a view of the pool, but I've heard you can see fireworks from Disneyland Park on that side. We've decided to not request a view anymore; more important to us would be being high enough in the building.

Good luck with your reservation. Let us know what you decide and what you get!

You list PP and DLH if you can't get a villa. Have you considered staying at the Grand Californian Hotel? That won't work if you're using points, but if you're using cash it would. The GCH is more expensive that the DLH, but a great Disney experience. You are steps away from both parks, with an entrance into DCA right from the hotel.

If you're using points, or don't want to pay GCH's prices, I'd recommend the DLH. I've stayed in the refurbished rooms and they are very nice. If you have kids they'll love the pixie dust headboards. I wouldn't stay at PP, unless you're using points. If you're using cash there are a number of very close hotels that are not Disney. There just isn't enough pixie dust at PP to justify the cost, in my opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter