My first ever pre-trippie for WDW

We collect £2 coins as well and have been since end of Feb 2009 in our terramundi pot, its getting pretty full now, I can't wait to break it open.

We collect £2 coins as well and have been since end of Feb 2009 in our terramundi pot, its getting pretty full now, I can't wait to break it open.

When are you opening yours? We think we are going to open our in mid-June. I'm really curious to know how much we've got in there!

Just caught up with your plans :)
I have no idea how you can keep such a big secret! It will be wonderful when you finally tell them :)
By the way, we did the haunted carriage ride last October and we loved it!!
Very spooky and lots of fun, you could have your dinner at Trails End or Wilderness Lodge and make an evening of it :)
Also the Chip n Dale campfire sing-a-long would be great fun for your kids (me and DH are big kids and loved it)
You can buy a marshmallow 'kit' at the campfire and make s'mores .... Yummy :)

Just pre-purchased the Photopass CD for $99. I am going to do at least one thing each month to spread the cost.:thumbsup2

Your plans sound awesome, and I can't wait to hear how the kids take the surprise! :cool1:

One word of caution though - am I picking up correctly that one of the girls might be DB's from a previous relationship? Apologies if I've got completely the wrong end of the stick!! No offence is meant at all. If you're not the parents, you'll need to get a letter stating that you have her permission to take the child out of the country. (It's all to try to avoid people taking kids for a new life without the other parent knowing I think). So I'm afraid you'd need to tell her in that case.

Just pre-purchased the Photopass CD for $99. I am going to do at least one thing each month to spread the cost.:thumbsup2

Sounds like a good plan to space it all out. There are more 'hidden' costs than I first realised when we booked - ESTAs, additional travel insurance (we don't normally need 5K cover) etc etc

Your plans sound awesome, and I can't wait to hear how the kids take the surprise! :cool1:

One word of caution though - am I picking up correctly that one of the girls might be DB's from a previous relationship? Apologies if I've got completely the wrong end of the stick!! No offence is meant at all. If you're not the parents, you'll need to get a letter stating that you have her permission to take the child out of the country. (It's all to try to avoid people taking kids for a new life without the other parent knowing I think). So I'm afraid you'd need to tell her in that case.

Lol, they are all mine and DH's. No offence taken ;)

Sounds like a good plan to space it all out. There are more 'hidden' costs than I first realised when we booked - ESTAs, additional travel insurance (we don't normally need 5K cover) etc etc

I know what you mean. It can all mount up, can't it? It's travel insurance next on my list.

Starting to think about ADR's with 75 days to go...

So far:
Crystal Palace (breakfast)
Le Cellier (lunch)
Olivia's
Saana
Whispering Canyon
Hoop de Doo (2 credits)
Mama Melrose
Akershus
1900 Park Fare
Rose and Crown
Beaches and Cream
Chef Mickey's or 1900 Park Fare (breakfast)

I would like to begin and end with a character breakfast. I also want to do Akershus on the same day as BBB. Rose and Crown for Illuminations and Mama Melrose for Fantasmic. I'm thinking of hanging around the resort when we go to MNSSHP - hence the inclusion of Olivia's.

Starting to think about ADR's with 75 days to go...

So far:
Crystal Palace (breakfast)
Le Cellier (lunch)
Olivia's
Saana
Whispering Canyon
Hoop de Doo (2 credits)
Mama Melrose
Akershus
1900 Park Fare
Rose and Crown
Beaches and Cream
Chef Mickey's or 1900 Park Fare (breakfast)

I would like to begin and end with a character breakfast. I also want to do Akershus on the same day as BBB. Rose and Crown for Illuminations and Mama Melrose for Fantasmic. I'm thinking of hanging around the resort when we go to MNSSHP - hence the inclusion of Olivia's.

The ADR list sounds good! :thumbsup2 I bet you can't wait for the 180 day mark to start booking them in.

& you also reminded me to pre-order the photopass cd! Thank you lol x

Just added a couple more 'might do's'. Thinking of Airport Lounge and also a Garden Grocer order before we go.

Well done for keeping it secret :thumbsup2 It will all be so worth it when you finally tell them!

Just added a couple more 'might do's'. Thinking of Airport Lounge and also a Garden Grocer order before we go.

What is a garden grocer? Sounds very interesting!!!

DBF and I have taken advantage of the airport lounge in GLA, although we are flying Virgin I dont think there is a V Room in Glasgow so we are going to check this out, if not we will book the usual lounge to relax in.

Looking forward to reading your plans, must be so exciting keeping it a secret from the kiddiewinkles :wizard:

Kirst

How could any child be 'underwhelmed' with a trip to WDW??!!!

I have built the moment of telling them in my own mind. I'm just worried that they won't be able to take it all in. I think kids' reactions can be so unpredictable at times.:rotfl:

What is a garden grocer? Sounds very interesting!!!

DBF and I have taken advantage of the airport lounge in GLA, although we are flying Virgin I dont think there is a V Room in Glasgow so we are going to check this out, if not we will book the usual lounge to relax in.

Looking forward to reading your plans, must be so exciting keeping it a secret from the kiddiewinkles :wizard:

Kirst

Garden Grocer is online and will deliver your groceries to your hotel. I want to have a mooch around Walmart but I know that we will all be tired and I like the idea of having the basics there when we arrive.

I have asked for a refund from Disney for my Photopass CD. They have said they will issue a refund within 1/2 billing cycles. As soon as I have the refund, I am going to pre-pay for the CD and the Photobook. After looking at them online, I have realised that I really want one as I love all of the backgrounds you can have.:goodvibes

I got confirmation of my free travel insurance with my new Nationwide account today, so I will be getting my upgrade in March so we are covered for the trip.

I have asked for a refund from Disney for my Photopass CD. They have said they will issue a refund within 1/2 billing cycles. As soon as I have the refund, I am going to pre-pay for the CD and the Photobook. After looking at them online, I have realised that I really want one as I love all of the backgrounds you can have.:goodvibes

I got confirmation of my free travel insurance with my new Nationwide account today, so I will be getting my upgrade in March so we are covered for the trip.

Hmm, you have me thinking. I'm ordering the CD next week... but now I am thinking I may get the CD & the photobook. The photobook looks good, you have me convinced! :goodvibes

Good to hear your covered for your trip too! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter