MVMCP and Scheduling FP+ (4-6pm)

I have a 4 day ticket plus MNSSHP tickets. I booked FPs for each day plus the party day, and pretty quickly received an email saying I had insufficient tickets. My FPs for party day did not start until 4 pm.

I have a 4 day ticket plus MNSSHP tickets. I booked FPs for each day plus the party day, and pretty quickly received an email saying I had insufficient tickets. My FPs for party day did not start until 4 pm.

So it looks like this is still random, but it's happening much more quickly to each individual than the MNSSHP. That tells me Disney is getting closer to making FP+ during those pre-hours a thing of the past. The majority will be okay this year, but I would expect it to be gone completely next year.

New reply in the Moms Panel. It seems they are getting instructions:

On Sep 20, 2017
Jennifer from SC Asked “
If I have party tickets for Mickeys Christmas party, can I book fasspasses for that day from 4-7 without wasting a regular park ticket?”
Hi Jennifer,

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party is my FAVORITE special event of the year at Walt Disney World. I really enjoy going every year with my family. Only a limited number of tickets are sold for this event so crowds are smaller than on a regular park day. The FastPass+ system is not used during the party. I've been going to this party for several years and the smaller crowds is one of the main reasons that I keep going. The wait times for the attractions are a lot shorter than they are on a typical day.

Here's a tip: You can enter the park earlier that the 7:00pm party start time with your event ticket. If you have regular park tickets for that day (maybe you visited a different park) you can make some FastPass+ selections for Magic Kingdom between 5:00 -7:00. After that, there will be no more times offered.

Yikes, this is the most definitive I've seen - my FP day is this Friday and I'm not sure if I'll even bother trying to book FPs for the party. I'm thinking about waiting until the party day and just picking up whatever I can at MK from 4-6. I'll be watching to see how booking goes for everyone this week- good luck!

I was able to make three FP reservations starting at 3:15pm and was still able to book on our last day. Strange thing is I was on vacation when our FP window opened and needed a friend to book our FPs. She actually booked FPs pre-3pm (for party day, because she misunderstood what I said about 4pm) and was still able to book FPs for our last day.

But some of the information in here isn't even correct. MK closes at 6:00 pm on MVMCP days, so how will anyone be able to make FP+ between 6 - 7 pm? I don't really fully trust the info on the mom's panel.

This. Some is correct and some is not. They still base info on personal experiences.

Yes, MK is closing @ 6pm on MVMVP nights this year, it's been known for a while and is on Disney calendar.

So it looks like this is still random, but it's happening much more quickly to each individual than the MNSSHP. That tells me Disney is getting closer to making FP+ during those pre-hours a thing of the past. The majority will be okay this year, but I would expect it to be gone completely next year.

My thoughts too.

The part about having regular park tickets for that day doesn't even make sense. Not only are the hours wrong (5-7 instead of 4-6), they make it sound like you're using you regular park ticket to get the FP for those incorrect hours or that you can get FP for whatever park you visit AND get them for the early hours or you have to visit another park (or MK) if you want to also get FP for the early hours. Are they trying to say that if you're just going to the party, you can't get FP for the early hours?

If they're getting instructions (which I doubt), they aren't laid out very well.

I have a slightly different situation from the others posted about here...so I'm interested in what you guys think. :) We have a full-length vacation planned for May 2018 and I bought park tickets a long time ago in order to avoid the annual price increase. So I have two sets of 4 day regular tickets on my MDE account that we won't be using until May.

Before that trip, I'm going to be in Orlando the week after Thanksgiving for a work conference. So we bought MVMCP tickets for December 1, and the party is the only time we will be in the parks that week.

Originally, I was thinking I'd go ahead and book FP+ from 4-6pm before the party. Is there any reason you guys can think of that I shouldn't try to do this? I will have no other FP+ to be cancelled, we will use our physical party tickets to get in so that they don't somehow inadvertently activate the regular tickets on our account by mistake.

I'm assuming that since I have regular tickets on my account, but I won't be trying to book more days than I have tickets for...it won't trigger the email and subsequent cancelling of a day of FP+. But on the other hand...I don't want May to roll around and then find out that I can only book 3 days worth of FP+! :scared:

I have a slightly different situation from the others posted about here...so I'm interested in what you guys think. :) We have a full-length vacation planned for May 2018 and I bought park tickets a long time ago in order to avoid the annual price increase. So I have two sets of 4 day regular tickets on my MDE account that we won't be using until May.

Before that trip, I'm going to be in Orlando the week after Thanksgiving for a work conference. So we bought MVMCP tickets for December 1, and the party is the only time we will be in the parks that week.

Originally, I was thinking I'd go ahead and book FP+ from 4-6pm before the party. Is there any reason you guys can think of that I shouldn't try to do this? I will have no other FP+ to be cancelled, we will use our physical party tickets to get in so that they don't somehow inadvertently activate the regular tickets on our account by mistake.

I'm assuming that since I have regular tickets on my account, but I won't be trying to book more days than I have tickets for...it won't trigger the email and subsequent cancelling of a day of FP+. But on the other hand...I don't want May to roll around and then find out that I can only book 3 days worth of FP+! :scared:

You should be good. You have valid tickets on your account. Disney doesn't know that you won't use those 4 day tickets to enter the park on your party day!

we will use our physical party tickets to get in so that they don't somehow inadvertently activate the regular tickets on our account by mistake.

I'm assuming that since I have regular tickets on my account, but I won't be trying to book more days than I have tickets for...it won't trigger the email and subsequent cancelling of a day of FP+. But on the other hand...I don't want May to roll around and then find out that I can only book 3 days worth of FP

The only thing I can think might happen is you won't have any FP+ once you enter the park. Technically, Disney is saying that the party tickets are NOT eligible for FP+, but we all know that is not how the system sees it at this time. Since you are entering the park with a ticket that isn't supposed to have that option, there is the possibility that the FP scanner will not "see" the FP related to that ticket. Does that make sense?

As far as I've seen, people who are just doing the party and no other park days have had no problem using their FP+, but Disney is definitely closing the noose on this one, so there's no telling when they will get to this point.

I'd say make the FP+ and run with it. You have nothing to lose, and 2-3FP rides to gain!

Just posting my experience...

Saturday was 60 day window. We have four day tix plus MVMCP tix for last day of our trip when we will not be visiting a park other than at MVMCP.

Saturday morning was only able to book four days worth of FP. At first I had skipped FP for one of our park days and made some for party night, but later during the day changed so that we only have FP for our 4 regular park days.

I just logged in today, and magically was able to make a fifth day's worth of FP for party night (3:30-4:30, 4:30-5:30, 5:30-6). Hoping I do not get the dreaded email stating that I have too many FP entitlements, but it's odd that things changed for me since Saturday. All tickets have been linked for a long time, so nothing has changed on that end.

Thank you both for your replies! My 60 days is on Thursday, so we'll see how it goes.

Sharonabe, I had not thought about the possibility of being able to schedule the FP+ but then the reservations not showing as valid since I won't scan a "real" park ticket at the gate. That's a good point, but it is definitely a risk I'm willing to take. :) If Disney closes the loophole, then that's fine...but while it's open, I'm happy to take advantage of it, haha! I figure I give them plenty of my money...they can stand to let me get a couple of "extra" FP+ in before the party. ;) But if the FP+ all disappear, then we will just do the attractions with the shortest lines and enjoy 7DMT and Peter Pan later on during the party.

The only thing I can think might happen is you won't have any FP+ once you enter the park. Technically, Disney is saying that the party tickets are NOT eligible for FP+, but we all know that is not how the system sees it at this time. Since you are entering the park with a ticket that isn't supposed to have that option, there is the possibility that the FP scanner will not "see" the FP related to that ticket. Does that make sense?

As far as I've seen, people who are just doing the party and no other park days have had no problem using their FP+, but Disney is definitely closing the noose on this one, so there's no telling when they will get to this point.

I'd say make the FP+ and run with it. You have nothing to lose, and 2-3FP rides to gain!

My thoughts too. MVMCP tickets linked to your MDE account?

There is a separate line for MVMCP entry, so only MVMCP ticket would be "applied" upon entry. Yes, nothing to lose, rides to gain.

Here is my plans for the 11/28 MVMCP...I plan to head to AK from Noon to 3pm to get on 3 attractions using FPs...I plan booking EE at Noon, Navi River at 1pm and Dinosaur at 2pm...this way I don't waste a park tix on my 7-day trip...then after 3pm make my way to MK and enter at 4pm with my MVMCP tix...we'll ride whatever rides we can from 4pm to 5:30pm...then we'll go to Skipper Canteen for our 5:30pm ADR...after dinner it should be close to party time...we'll make our way to the character line I wanna take a pic with so that I can possibly use that pic for my Christmas cards this year...after the photo meet & greet, everything else will be bonus...I'll see Holiday Wishes and the 2nd parade...ride more attractions, see a couple of the Christmas shows...buy my t-shirt and party pins...the MVMCP will be very laid back for me...I'm just there to experience the Christmas vibe...Disney Style...

My thoughts too. MVMCP tickets linked to your MDE account?

There is a separate line for MVMCP entry, so only MVMCP ticket would be "applied" upon entry. Yes, nothing to lose, rides to gain.

Yes, the MVMCP tickets are linked to my MDE account. But it always makes me nervous to scan my band for a party ticket when I have regular tickets linked to my band as well...probably a silly thing to worry about, but I figure better safe than sorry! I also have a "dummy" person set up on my MDE account that I could attach the regular tickets to so that they weren't associated with my husband and I. It's an abundance of caution, but I'd rather take a couple of simple steps to prevent any issues rather than have to waste time if something got messed up.

I'm ready to purchase my tickets for MVMCP, which we plan to attend on a day that we're also visiting AK using tickets associated with our vacations package. For the purpose of having the opportunity for a second set of FPs on this day, should I purchase the MVMCP tickets on a different MDE experience account? Will this allow me to have 3 FP+ at AK and potentially 3 FP+ at MK (3:30-6)? If this is accurate, what ticket delivery option should I use when purchasing the tickets? If I request the print-at-home tickets, how does this work with FP? Do I scan the paper ticket that is emailed to me?

Just wanted to share my experience so far...

We are a party of 6.
DH and I have APs.
FIL has a ticket for party day in addition to the party ticket.
MIL, SIL, and BIL intend to only use party tickets for entrance to MK for party (11/9) in middle of our trip.

I was online at 7am at 60 days (9/6). I was able to make FP+ for all days we intend to enter the parks with regular tickets and then went back and also made FP+ for all of us on party day (3:30-4:30, 4:30-5:30, 5:30-6:00).

Our departure day FP+ are for FOP so we would be pretty upset if they got cancelled. So far they are still on MDE and we haven't gotten any emails.

Will definitely come back to update if we get the dreaded email warning - Would you expect my BIL/SIL to get the email notification if their FP+ for departure day were in danger of being cancelled or would I get it because I made the FP+?

So a friend of mine is planning a trip with similar dates and she's not on disboards. Yesterday was her FP+ day. She has 5 day park tickets plus 3 MVMCP tickets. She made FP+ for 7 days, booking all party days last. One of the MVMCP dates she's in the park anyway so she didn't use that extra ticket media. She made all her MVMCP FP+ after 4pm. The system let everything go through.

This morning at 4am she got the dreaded cancellation email, and it was only threatening to remove the last day (not the last two days). Not sure why she in particular was caught, but I wonder if it's because to Disney she had 7 days worth of FP+ but only 5 days of tickets? Maybe they are letting one day slide, but two is a trigger? Who knows! Anyway, sharing with the group so that there is another date point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter