MVMCP and Scheduling FP+ (4-6pm)

So a friend of mine is planning a trip with similar dates and she's not on disboards. Yesterday was her FP+ day. She has 5 day park tickets plus 3 MVMCP tickets. She made FP+ for 7 days, booking all party days last. One of the MVMCP dates she's in the park anyway so she didn't use that extra ticket media. She made all her MVMCP FP+ after 4pm. The system let everything go through.

This morning at 4am she got the dreaded cancellation email, and it was only threatening to remove the last day (not the last two days). Not sure why she in particular was caught, but I wonder if it's because to Disney she had 7 days worth of FP+ but only 5 days of tickets? Maybe they are letting one day slide, but two is a trigger? Who knows! Anyway, sharing with the group so that there is another date point.
I was told by CM you can book fps only if you have regular tickets to link them too. That they will not allow fps for party only tickets. I know on here, some have found a way around. That's great and I wish them luck. But I just didn't want to risk it, and did as CM told me, to purchase an extra ticket. For 6 people it was $130 extra. I feel so silly to basically waste the money. But I think at this point, Disney is catching on. They know on a busy day without a FP, it's impossible to get on anything, and like me, you are really buying 3 fps. So they will get the extra, or you won't show up so early crowding the day guest. It's a win win for Disney. Good luck, and please post what happens?

Can someone post one of these Disney emails that supposedly have been received? (I assume that's not a violation of TOS.) Be sure to block out any personal information that shouldn't be shared.

I'm in the same boat as many. Last year I visited the Christmas party and also had a one day hopper. Was able to book FP+ for both days without any more tickets. This year I have a party ticket and a two day hopper and again was able to book for all three days without any problems. MK is my first day for the party, and AK is my last day. I also will be unhappy if my last day is cancelled even though I couldn't get FoP.

If I can't have FP+ for the MK party it won't be the end of the world. But if their system is allowing it, I think it's bad to then retroactively come back to people and say sorry, you can't do that. Fix your system then. In both situations their system was obviously counting the party ticket as a valid media for that day, otherwise I (and many other) shouldn't have been able to make selections for two days last year or three days this year. If they want to get rid of the loop hole, great, but don't try to act like guests did something wrong by simply using the system. Disney allows folks at the party to come in at 4:00p. Their system has allowed people with party tickets to make selections from 4:00p to 7:00p, and now 6:00p. To now say "oh wait, that was never the intent" is a little disingenuous. I say let it ride and correct the system issue next year.

Does anyone know if this will happen with After Hours as well?

For what it's worth, we did the After Hours event in April 2016 without other tickets on the MDE account and I was able to book FP+. Of course, that info is now over a year old...so take it with a grain of salt! :)

For what it's worth, we did the After Hours event in April 2016 without other tickets on the MDE account and I was able to book FP+. Of course, that info is now over a year old...so take it with a grain of salt! :)

I'm not even sure if they will let us in at 4 pm. I'm hoping they will, but it's possible they might wait to let us in at 7 pm.

Does anybody think we will be able to make same day fast passes once we enter the park? For instance if you enter the park at 4, and find 2 fast passes for let’s say 4:25 and 5:25, will they let you book them through the app?

I have 9 day ticket because I want to enter earlier then 4 , I hope I wont have an issue my fp's would be used with my day ticket not just the party ticket.

I have 9 day ticket because I want to enter earlier then 4 , I hope I wont have an issue my fp's would be used with my day ticket not just the party ticket.
This is what I did. And no email. My fps are all set. I think only those trying to use just a party ticket are sometimes caught. It's really unfair, disney should just let fps be for any ticket.

This is what I did. And no email. My fps are all set. I think only those trying to use just a party ticket are sometimes caught. It's really unfair, disney should just let fps be for any ticket.

My problem is that Disney's own system allows it for some but triggers the cancellation email for others. I feel like it needs to be consistent.

If they don't want people making FPs on a party ticket, then it is their responsibility to close the loophole...before the FPs are booked. Sending a semi-scary email about how your last day of FPs are going to be cancelled isn't very good PR. The fact that it is possible to schedule them means that some people are going to do it and many are going to do it without even being aware that it isn't "working as intended". If it wasn't for all the research I enjoy doing before a trip, I would not have thought twice before booking FPs for our party day. I would have just assumed that it was how it was meant to be done and gone merrily on my way.

If Disney can't figure out a way to close the loophole in the system, then they need to officially allow FPs on all tickets and eliminate the confusion. Of course, I'm not sure of the logistics...if 20,000 people are all trying to book FPs from 4-6pm, I guess that could be pretty detrimental.

Has anybody else had a problem accessing the FP+ site this week? On the Disney World website, not the app. All week, even before this discussion, I was trying to see if I could make changes to my FastPasses and it give me a page showing Olaf in pieces and saying "Whoops! We are unable to put this page together right now, so please try again later."

I see the passes I have booked on my itinerary, but if I click for more information I get the same page. So in essence, I cannot make and changes to my passes on their website. If I go to the app, it seems to be fine. Is this an "local" issue, meaning it's only happening to me, or are others seeing the same thing? The paranoid person in me is wondering if the message is at all related to the emails being sent out.

Has anybody else had a problem accessing the FP+ site this week? On the Disney World website, not the app. All week, even before this discussion, I was trying to see if I could make changes to my FastPasses and it give me a page showing Olaf in pieces and saying "Whoops! We are unable to put this page together right now, so please try again later."

I see the passes I have booked on my itinerary, but if I click for more information I get the same page. So in essence, I cannot make and changes to my passes on their website. If I go to the app, it seems to be fine. Is this an "local" issue, meaning it's only happening to me, or are others seeing the same thing? The paranoid person in me is wondering if the message is at all related to the emails being sent out.
I have no idea, but I get olaf in pieces if I don't sign back in like every 10 or so minutes. Thought it SHOWS me signed in. Happens whenever I want to make a change. So maybe something, not sure.

Hunh. Out of curiosity I tried to book FP for SO on our party day.
I have an AP, so I already made FP for myself every day of the trip.
He has a 7 day ticket that we're upgrading to an AP once we get there.
(We'll be there 11 days -- originally 8, which is why he only has the 7-day ticket.)
So when our booking window opened a while ago, I booked 7 days (excluding the party day) for the two of us, and then FP for me only for the rest of the trip.

Anyway. The system wouldn't let me book any party day FP for him, stating that he already had FP for the number of days on his ticket and I needed to remove a day of FP first. Curious! Perhaps if I'd tried to book party day FP before I'd booked the full 7 days, it would've gone through.

...but we're going to Epcot in the afternoon before heading to MK, and we'll both have APs anyway, so for us this is not a problem.

Last edited:
Hunh. Out of curiosity I tried to book FP for SO on our party day.
I have an AP, so I already made FP for myself every day of the trip.
He has a 7 day ticket that we're upgrading to an AP once we get there.
(We'll be there 11 days -- originally 8, which is why he only has the 7-day ticket.)
So when our booking window opened a while ago, I booked 7 days (excluding the party day) for the two of us, and then FP for me only for the rest of the trip.

Anyway. The system wouldn't let me book any party day FP for him, stating that he already had FP for the number of days on his ticket and I needed to remove a day of FP first. Curious! Perhaps if I'd tried to book party day FP before I'd booked the full 7 days, it would've gone through.

...but we're going to Epcot in the afternoon before heading to MK, and we'll both have APs anyway, so for us this is not a problem.

Others posted they made FP+ linked to MYW tickets then did MVMCP ticket FP+ last.

Have there been any updates? Actual Cancelations? Emails received about canceling?

Others posted they made FP+ linked to MYW tickets then did MVMCP ticket FP+ last.

That's what I tried.
  • All FP+ for a 7-day ticket made,
  • couple of weeks pass,
  • tried to make FP+ for MVMCP night,
  • system doesn't recognize an additional FP+ "day" available with the MVMCP ticket. :confused3
Unless you mean something else?

Not a concern for us, as we don't need any MK FP+ for that day -- like I said, tried out of curiosity, and just sharing.

That's what I tried.
  • All FP+ for a 7-day ticket made,
  • couple of weeks pass,
  • tried to make FP+ for MVMCP night,
  • system doesn't recognize an additional FP+ "day" available with the MVMCP ticket. :confused3
Unless you mean something else?

Not a concern for us, as we don't need any MK FP+ for that day -- like I said, tried out of curiosity, and just sharing.

No, I see that now, further down you stated you did that last.

Thanks for sharing!

So a friend of mine is planning a trip with similar dates and she's not on disboards. Yesterday was her FP+ day. She has 5 day park tickets plus 3 MVMCP tickets. She made FP+ for 7 days, booking all party days last. One of the MVMCP dates she's in the park anyway so she didn't use that extra ticket media. She made all her MVMCP FP+ after 4pm. The system let everything go through.

This morning at 4am she got the dreaded cancellation email, and it was only threatening to remove the last day (not the last two days). Not sure why she in particular was caught, but I wonder if it's because to Disney she had 7 days worth of FP+ but only 5 days of tickets? Maybe they are letting one day slide, but two is a trigger? Who knows! Anyway, sharing with the group so that there is another date point.

So an update on this. My friend called Disney re: the email she received. The CM pulled Disney IT onto the call and they assured her that she was fine and no fast passes were going to be cancelled. She did take screen shots of her fast passes but did NOT delete the ones for the parties. The date on the email came and went and she still has her fast passes on all the days she had booked. Just sharing another data point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter