MVMCP and Scheduling FP+ (4-6pm)

I went ahead and changed some of our Fps, 5/6 of us have tickets or APs but I did not want to chance it.

How would the phantom profiles wprk with photopass? Wpuld we still be able to scan our magicbands so it goes to our account or do we have to use our plastic party ticket?

How would the phantom profiles wprk with photopass? Wpuld we still be able to scan our magicbands so it goes to our account or do we have to use our plastic party ticket?
I haven’t done this but I would think if the phantom is linked to your mde it will show up in your photopass account. It’s no different than when my friend in our traveling party (linked to my mde) scans her magic band when I’m not with her— it shows with my photopass.

We will be at WDW in November with 8 Park Days planned between 11/5 and 11/13, and tickets to MVMCP on 11/14. We have four day tickets linked in our account, plus the MVMCP tickets. (We are planning to add 4 days to our tickets upon arrival.)

In any case, we have FP+'s for AK, DHS, Epcot, and MK on the 11/5, 11/6, 11/7 and 11/11, respectively. We also have MK FP+'s on 11/14, the day of MVMCP; HM from 3:30 to 4:30, PP from 4:30 to 5:30, and 7DMT from 5:30 to 6:00.

Just reporting back on our experience with FP+ and MVMCP on 11/14.

Before the party day we ended up changing our FP+'s; 3:30 to 4:30 was changed to BTMRR, and 4:30 to 5:30 was changed to a split FP; 2 for TS, and 2 for Space Mtn.

On party day, we were off the monorail at 3:20 PM, and were admitted at about 3:45 PM. We woke up my napping DD for the first FP at BTMRR, and had no issues. I took my DD for a bathroom break at the Rapunzel restrooms on the way to Tomorrowland, while my DW & DS headed directly to Space Mtn. After presenting my DD for the rider swap pass, we rode TS, while my DW & DS rode Space. We all arrived at the SM gift shop at the same time. I grabbed the RS pass and rode SM with my DS. When we arrived at the FP entrance for SDMT and scanned in, the CM commented that we were fine being six minutes early. We had been worried about fitting in all of this with the added time of a Rider Swap, so we felt great getting on SDMT when we did.

After all of that, we still had time to use a Paper FP at PP (issued by a CM after 40 minute wait to order food at the ABC Commissary a few nights prior), and eat dinner at the nearby Pinocchio Village Haus before it closed at 6 PM.

TLDR; no issues with our MVMCP FP+'s!

Thanks JohnneeO for the update. We leave in a few weeks, so hoping for the same results you had with the FPs.

Just reporting back on our experience with FP+ and MVMCP on 11/14.

Before the party day we ended up changing our FP+'s; 3:30 to 4:30 was changed to BTMRR, and 4:30 to 5:30 was changed to a split FP; 2 for TS, and 2 for Space Mtn.

On party day, we were off the monorail at 3:20 PM, and were admitted at about 3:45 PM. We woke up my napping DD for the first FP at BTMRR, and had no issues. I took my DD for a bathroom break at the Rapunzel restrooms on the way to Tomorrowland, while my DW & DS headed directly to Space Mtn. After presenting my DD for the rider swap pass, we rode TS, while my DW & DS rode Space. We all arrived at the SM gift shop at the same time. I grabbed the RS pass and rode SM with my DS. When we arrived at the FP entrance for SDMT and scanned in, the CM commented that we were fine being six minutes early. We had been worried about fitting in all of this with the added time of a Rider Swap, so we felt great getting on SDMT when we did.

After all of that, we still had time to use a Paper FP at PP (issued by a CM after 40 minute wait to order food at the ABC Commissary a few nights prior), and eat dinner at the nearby Pinocchio Village Haus before it closed at 6 PM.

TLDR; no issues with our MVMCP FP+'s!

Thanks JohnneeO for the update. We leave in a few weeks, so hoping for the same results you had with the FPs.

Just wanted to come back to this thread to add some (maybe) helpful info for anyone that might find themselves in the same situation we were in during our MVMCP.

We had the unfortunate luck of 7DMT becoming “temporarily closed” during our 5:30-6:00 FP window. Our FPs were changed to “Multiple Experience” FPs. Nothing new there as this happens anytime a ride closes during your FP window. What was different about these M.E. FPs is that they expired at the end of the next day rather than that same day. And the best part was they were valid for use in any of the parks. We used them in AK the next day. Before anyone asks, Pandora rides were excluded ☹️.

So if your issued a M.E. FP during a party check those expiration dates! It might be wise to hold onto it for use the next day.

There is one additional data point I forgot to mention in my initial post on our MVMCP FP+ experience.

After we completed 7DMT, and were on our way to ride PP, I logged into to MDE to see if we could obtain a fourth FP. IT was already after 5:30 PM, so there were none available in MK. However, I could have booked 4 FP+'s for RNR at DHS for 7:15 PM! At this point, we held no tickets with valid unused days. We were attending MVMCP on our last day, and our profile had no other tickets, so MDE had to be reading our MVMCP tickets in offering the DHS FP.

This is all helpful and encouraging. I cringe daily when I open my email to see if the dreaded email is there. Less than 2 weeks until we go so hoping for the best. Anyone else who can add their own event updates would be much appreciated. Anyone gotten the dreaded email lately?

Sorry if this has been addressed - we will be in Orlando for a Christmas trip to Universal and did not get any day passes for Disney.

We decided to attend MVMCP on the last night (12/22).

Are we able to make FP+ reservations without having a day pass, too?

If so, can someone point me in the right direction? I looked in my Disney account and it has a place to add "Main Entrance Passes", but I don't see anywhere to add party passes.

Thanks!

We had no issues at all using FP for our 11-28 party night. (My daughter and I have APs; my husband and son only had party tickets for that day, no park tickets.) We were let into the park at 3:50 p.m. (there was a line to enter for the party by then, and everyone was being let in). We rode Magic Carpets of Aladdin right away, Jingle Cruise just after 4:00 p.m., had a 4:30 p.m. dinner at BOG. 7DMT was down (our FP was from 5:10-6:00 p.m.), and so we used our FP to ride Winnie the Pooh. It was fairly crowded, since it was a sold out party night, but we were able to ride Dumbo and Barnstormer twice, and Magic Carpets, between 6 and 7 before grabbing cookies at Pinocchio Village Haus and getting ready for the stage show.

Good luck everyone!

Sorry if this has been addressed - we will be in Orlando for a Christmas trip to Universal and did not get any day passes for Disney.

We decided to attend MVMCP on the last night (12/22).

Are we able to make FP+ reservations without having a day pass, too?

If so, can someone point me in the right direction? I looked in my Disney account and it has a place to add "Main Entrance Passes", but I don't see anywhere to add party passes.

Thanks!
You should be able to add your party tickets using the “Link a Main Entrance Pass” tab you described.

Yes you will be able to prebook up to 3 FP+ reservations using your party tickets.

You should be able to add your party tickets using the “Link a Main Entrance Pass” tab you described.

Yes you will be able to prebook up to 3 FP+ reservations using your party tickets.
Thank you for the reply.

I have e-tickets and I don't see a number that works on the Disney site. The only number on them is a Order Confirmation Number, and that doesn't work in the Main Entrance Pass field. I get a "We're sorry, but we are unable to retrieve your pass information at this time; please try again later." message. Am I too early? (17 days out)

ETA - I found it! I was clicking on my name at the top of the screen and trying to add the ticket there. I had to click on My Disney Experience and they party tickets showed up there.

Only able to book a single FP+ due to short time between getting in the park at 4 and the party beginning. Oh well, better than nothing. ;)

Last edited:
Thank you for the reply.

I have e-tickets and I don't see a number that works on the Disney site. The only number on them is a Order Confirmation Number, and that doesn't work in the Main Entrance Pass field. I get a "We're sorry, but we are unable to retrieve your pass information at this time; please try again later." message. Am I too early? (17 days out)

ETA - I found it! I was clicking on my name at the top of the screen and trying to add the ticket there. I had to click on My Disney Experience and they party tickets showed up there.

Only able to book a single FP+ due to short time between getting in the park at 4 and the party beginning. Oh well, better than nothing. ;)

Glad everything worked out for you! Can I ask how long after purchasing the tickets did you try to make FP reservations? When I recently purchased MVMCP tickets from the Disney website I immediately tried making FP selections, but there was a delay of about an hour before MDE recognized the tickets.

Glad everything worked out for you! Can I ask how long after purchasing the tickets did you try to make FP reservations? When I recently purchased MVMCP tickets from the Disney website I immediately tried making FP selections, but there was a delay of about an hour before MDE recognized the tickets.
I bought them sometime last week. I forgot all about the FP+ bookings until this morning.

ETA: It became a challenge, but I got 3 FP+ ;)

12/22 MVMCP
3:30 - 4:30 Space Mountain
4:30 - 5:30 Big Thunder
5:30 - 6:00 it's a small world

We'll probably hit Space and Big Thunder a few times during the party - those are family favorites, so it will be good to get in a ride on each early. Gotta do small world once, so this was an easy way to get it in. Plus, it was the only FP+ I could get around that time.

I had to refresh and move stuff around a few times before I was able to get the three times to fit it all in.

Last edited:
Just wanted to update my experience. We're set for MVMCP next Tuesday, and so far all of our fast passes are still valid for the rest of our 5 day trip. I don't imagine they would delete any at this point, but I will update our experience with it once we get back.

Here’s my promised update. I booked our two park days FPs first at 60 days, then our party day FPs immediatley after that. We had two day tickets and the party ticket. Party day was the day in the middle of the two park ticket days. Only booked two FPs initially for the party, 4:05-5:05 and 5:15-6 because I was scared to book before 4pm. Night before the party, I got braver since I hadn’t received the dreaded email. Booked another Party day FP for 3-4pm. Used all FPs the next day during party without a problem. Used next day’s FPs at AK without a problem. Not sure why I didn’t get the email and others did, but it sure made those first hours before the party great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter