MVMCP and Scheduling FP+ (4-6pm)

I'm just confused. I am going to MK for the day on a Friday the same day I'm going to the party. Maybe that's why. Since I have to pick a date, the system sees I have 3 FPs for that Friday already?

Yes, this is why. You can only pre-book 3 FP+ per day. You can't book 3 FP+ on the regular ticket for Friday AND book 3 FP+ on the party ticket on the same day. However, once you are done with your first 3 FP+, you can always go on the MDE app and try to snag a 4th, 5th, etc.

Following! We're going to 3 parties (11/28, 12/07 and a toss up between the 14 or the 17, haven't decided yet) and I have a 10-day ticket that I plan to upgrade to an AP when we get there. My booking window starts on October 9th, which is funny because it should be October 6th as we have a RO reservation from December 5-8th and a package for December 8-19th.
We had a room only before our packaged started and since tickets were tied to our MDE, we were able to start making FP on the day of our room only reservation started. You might want to be prepared to just try on the 6th

I'm just confused. I am going to MK for the day on a Friday the same day I'm going to the party. Maybe that's why. Since I have to pick a date, the system sees I have 3 FPs for that Friday already?

Yes, only 3 FP+ per day.

This.....
Yes, this is why. You can only pre-book 3 FP+ per day. You can't book 3 FP+ on the regular ticket for Friday AND book 3 FP+ on the party ticket on the same day. However, once you are done with your first 3 FP+, you can always go on the MDE app and try to snag a 4th, 5th, etc.

Yeah, I'm an idiot. LOL. I knew that but was reading about all the additional FPs based on party ticket and my brain flaked out. Sorry.

No worries. A few years ago when FP+ started I was thinking the same thing. Had to do homework on FP+.:rotfl2:

It let me book fastpasses for my party night. I have a room only reservation for 4 nights. I have 1 day park tickets and the party tickets. The party takes place our 1st day and we are doing AK on our last full day I already had AK fastpasses which include FOP so I'll be super upset if they cancel on me.

Last edited:
Just wanted to share my experience. We have 5 day regular park tickets plus party tickets for 11/26/17. Yesterday I booked our fastpasses for all 5 regular days, then after that was done I came back and booked fastpasses for the party date (which is in the middle of our trip). I was able to book 3 fastpasses between 3:30pm and 6:00pm no problem. In total I had 6 days of fastpasses booked. I was so excited!

Then early this morning, I received an email saying we have insufficient tickets and we have until tomorrow to buy more tickets or our last day (which is not the party day) fastpasses will cancel. Bummer!

Just wanted to share my experience. We have 5 day regular park tickets plus party tickets for 11/26/17. Yesterday I booked our fastpasses for all 5 regular days, then after that was done I came back and booked fastpasses for the party date (which is in the middle of our trip). I was able to book 3 fastpasses between 3:30pm and 6:00pm no problem. In total I had 6 days of fastpasses booked. I was so excited!

Then early this morning, I received an email saying we have insufficient tickets and we have until tomorrow to buy more tickets or our last day (which is not the party day) fastpasses will cancel. Bummer!

Wow! That was quick to receive an email. Too bad party is not on last day.
Others in MNSSHP Thread, listed in Post #3, stated they canceled and then rebooked with no worries. But that could be a risk with party in middle and if you have FoP scheduled.

That's awful! I wonder if the FP+ on the party day before 4pm was the trigger? I saw somewhere someone posted an email from a CM (I can't remember where I saw it though) that seemed to indicate that FP+ before 4pm were the issue. I had originally made my party FP+ starting at 3:20 and then cancelled the first one a few hours later when I saw that note, leaving only 2 FP+ on my MVMCP night (4:20-5:20 and 5:20-6). I booked mine on Tuesday (we're going to the same party you are), and knock on wood, haven't gotten the dreaded email yet.

Wow! That was quick to receive an email. Too bad party is not on last day.
Others in MNSSHP Thread, listed in Post #3, stated they canceled and then rebooked with no worries. But that could be a risk with party in middle and if you have FoP scheduled.
It would be much easier if the party was on the last day. We are going to Epcot and we have a Frozen FP that I don't want to risk getting canceled.

That's awful! I wonder if the FP+ on the party day before 4pm was the trigger? I saw somewhere someone posted an email from a CM (I can't remember where I saw it though) that seemed to indicate that FP+ before 4pm were the issue. I had originally made my party FP+ starting at 3:20 and then cancelled the first one a few hours later when I saw that note, leaving only 2 FP+ on my MVMCP night (4:20-5:20 and 5:20-6). I booked mine on Tuesday (we're going to the same party you are), and knock on wood, haven't gotten the dreaded email yet.
This is interesting. Thanks for the info. I could just cancel the first FP before 4PM, but I'm a little nervous that Disney will still cancel my last day Epcot FP tomorrow like the email states. I think I will cancel all of them on my party date for now, let tomorrow pass, then try to rebook 2 FP after 4pm.

Okay, stupid question. We are going to the party on Sunday 10/1 (we are annual passholders). I can book FP+ up to 6PM on Sunday, but how does one try to book FP+ for times during the party? Or as FP+ not available for the party?
Thanks

It would be much easier if the party was on the last day. We are going to Epcot and we have a Frozen FP that I don't want to risk getting canceled.

This is interesting. Thanks for the info. I could just cancel the first FP before 4PM, but I'm a little nervous that Disney will still cancel my last day Epcot FP tomorrow like the email states. I think I will cancel all of them on my party date for now, let tomorrow pass, then try to rebook 2 FP after 4pm.

Good plan!

Okay, stupid question. We are going to the party on Sunday 10/1 (we are annual passholders). I can book FP+ up to 6PM on Sunday, but how does one try to book FP+ for times during the party? Or as FP+ not available for the party?
Thanks

You will only be able to book 3 FP+ on that day. Schedule FP+ until 6pm, park closing time. There are no FP+ allowed during the party (See Post #1 - FP+ Info).

We have 8 day tickets plus one day of party tickets. This past Sunday, I booked fast passes for our 8-days first then booked our party fast passes making sure none of the party fast passes started before 4:00.

We have not received an email and as of a few minutes ago, all of our fast passes are still showing up on MDE.

We have 8 day tickets plus one day of party tickets. This past Sunday, I booked fast passes for our 8-days first then booked our party fast passes making sure none of the party fast passes started before 4:00.

We have not received an email and as of a few minutes ago, all of our fast passes are still showing up on MDE.

Is your party date in middle of trip?

Did you rebook FP+?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!