Mousekeeping Never Left My Door Open!

disnut8

DIS Veteran
OK, this is kind of sarcastic but I've been reading so many posts about mousekeeping and the bad reviews. Let's give these people a break. I've stayed onsite probably at least 1,000 days. Here's my wish list for Mousekeeping. Come in and make the bed. Don't change the sheets, just make it. Don't take the towels during my visit. Change out the drinking glasses. Don't change the toiletries. That's it. How are they going to know that and keep it straight from every other room they have on their round? And try to get the rooms that have just been checked out of ready for the next guest who is standing in the lobby wanting a room NOW.

I've never had a door left open by mousekeeping. I've never had anything taken from my room, including my laptop which I leave out all the time since it's a pain to turn it off on the trip. I've gotten towel animals. I haven't gotten towel animals.

I know this is Disney and we expect the best. And that's what these people are trying to do - the best.

Me too! I leave all of my stuff around (jewelery, electronics) and nothing has ever disappeared. I have nothing but praise for Mousekeeping.

We have always had great mousekeeping in all our stays. We leave a tip every day and have never had a complaint. We have had towel animals some days and DD's stuffed animals and dolls are almost always up to something when we get back to the room at night. I agree they need to be cut a break!:thumbsup2

We have always had great mousekeeping in all our stays. We leave a tip every day and have never had a complaint. We have had towel animals some days and DD's stuffed animals and dolls are almost always up to something when we get back to the room at night. I agree they need to be cut a break!:thumbsup2

Ditto!

I guess we're all having just too much fun with our loved ones to micro-observe housekeeping!

The only time I've had a problem with Mousekeeping was one time we checked into BC and there was a huge bag of trash sitting in the middle of the floor (I'm talking a big bag with several room size trash can bags in it). We called the Mousekeeping department, and they sent someone right away to get it. I've never had bad service during a stay.

Mousekeeping beats ANY other hotel I have been at. Not that I have travelled a ton, but enough to know they do a nice job. Nobody is perfect. No service is perfect. Mistakes can and do happen. However, I enjoy staying at WDW, and Mousekeeping makes it that much more enjoyable.

:thumbsup2 to Mousekeeping!!!

Angela

I agree!

The only problem I ever had was coming in to find 2 towels instead of 4. I just called Mousekeeping and they delivered 2 more and never had a problem. There are 4 of us, so we needed 4. Other than that we have had perfect service.

It's funny you should bring this up, I've been to WDW a bunch both as a kid and an adult, and while my recollection as a child is lacking, I can tell you that we've had nothing but exemplary mousekeeping at both deluxe and moderate resorts. Never stayed at value's so I can't speak on their behalf. Have I been lucky, or is it great service? I tend to think it's the latter.

Mousekeeping left our door open on 2 trips! thankfully non of our valuables including laptops were stolen so no need for complaint.

Mousekeeping has NEVER left my door open after cleaning my room.

In all my (less than 1,000 - I bow to you disnut8 ;)) room nights at Walt Disney World, only twice has my room not been cleaned - and both times I had the Do Not Disturb/Privacy Please notice on the door! In fact, last time this happened, my Mousekeeper QUIETLY left a bag of replacement items on my doorknob - I was napping and never heard a thing.

I'll assume that this thread was started in response to my comment that ".. nobody ever posts a thread that says "Mousekeeping never left my door open"..."

In which case.. Bravo.. and thank you for the Chuckle of the Day­­ ®.

Knox

Disney Mousekeeping is the best:thumbsup2 . We had the greatest mousekeeper on our last trip and I even tipped her when she just gave me fresh towels because DD was sick with the stomach flu. She gave me a can of desinfectant spray and made extra special towel animals for my sick DD when she was bedridden....I hope we get as lucky next time.

The only thing Mousekeepers sometimes forget to do is...take their tip!!!

:thumbsup2

We have never had a bad Mousekeeping experience in all of the times that we've stayed on property. We've come back to the room to find even the pack-n-play made up, towel animals set up among our boys' stuffed animals, extra towels/blankets and clean rooms. We've never had an issue with anything showing up missing and when I accidentally left my pillow and souveniers in the room Mousekeeping found them and the resort shipped them back to us.

Only thing we had was a HUGE bag of trash left outside of our door!
Some days they did not even take the tip I left!:scared1:

Question: If Mousekeeping leaves your door open, is it yours to take with you?;)

i only went once to the world and service was great... we were there in 04 when three hurricanes came through (we were there for the 2nd) the only problem we did have was we checked out only to find out later in the day that the plane was cancelled oh no 2 extra days at disney for us:woohoo: the fridge anyway we had to book another room, which took 2 hours, and needed a fridge for our daughters yogurt for her ritalin so they brought us one after about 4 calls to the front desk and 5 hours later but it didn't work hey there was a hurricane coming so we just kept filling it with ice instead of fighting to have another one delivered... well it didn't work well so dd had no meds coupped up in the room for a few days. thaat was fun:scared:

Our room was clean and beds made every day. DS's stuffed animals were arranged in a row on his pillow. Nothing missing except some towel animals that could have been made for our ds. No problem, but kind of disappointing.

What bugged me the most was the water blasting of the walls on our last day and we had to walk on wet, slippery sidewalks. Oh well... at least they were clean, LOL!!

We've only been to WDW once, stayed at ASMo in '05, and mousekeeping was great! The room was very clean, they left extra towels every day and we only had to ask once, and we got towel animals 5 out of 7 days. No complaints here! :thumbsup2

This is a great thread! We've only stayed for 200+ days (in awe of anyone who's broken 1000:cheer2: ) but we've never had our door left open or missed anything. While we haven't always had "perfect" service in the room, I wasn't the one having to do the cleaning and good effort has always been put forth....therefore, I'm happy! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter