Mousekeeping Never Left My Door Open!

Me too! I leave all of my stuff around (jewelery, electronics) and nothing has ever disappeared. I have nothing but praise for Mousekeeping.

I wouldn't leave my stuff around (not that I have any jewelry of note to be stolen). But I put my laptop, camera, etc. in an inconspicuous place. You just never know!

Housekeepers have the most difficult and unpleasant job in a hotel. Ask anyone who has done the job (yes, I have) and you will hear horror stories.

I have rarely had anything which can be attributed to housekeeping go wrong at WDW; if anything, it is more due to the extreme wear and tear that WDW rooms endure.

I even had a sparkling clean room at BCV recently, which seems to get some pretty nasty housekeeping reviews.

I stay in higher end hotels 300 nights a year; WDW housekeeping generally does a good job, considering the high turnover, amount of rooms they need to clean, and tough working conditions.

I challenge anyone to clean 16-18 rooms in 8 hours, having to step outside into 90 degree weather throughout the day...

I do have 18 rooms to keep clean although I do not clean each and every single one every single day.

I have respect for anyone who cleans up after me because I clean up after everyone else when I am not at DW.

If I am willing to tip the person who brings me a drink refill I certainly am going to tip the person who makes my bed and neatens up the bathroom and have even been known, when the parks/resorts are very busy on holidays and such, to tell the housekeeper to just give me some clean towels and I will neaten up my own room. I do not vacumn every day at my own house and can survive quite well on vacation as well.

Slightly Goofy

We had fantastic Mousekeeping this past week. Every day it was a bigger and better towel animal! Yesterday they left this huge towel "flower". We left change, jewelry, laptop etc out and everything was in the exact place that we left it.

We left them a $5 tip every day (there was 4 of us) and if we had know how fantastic they were going to be we would have left more. They were very apprecitive of the tips and we way out of their way to make our stay even more magical :thumbsup2

We were at the French Quarter last week and had two days when our room wasn't touched, the housekeeping manager called us and told us they were completely full and he was sorry they did not get us done, he credited us one night's stay. I thought that was awesome, and something only Disney would do. We found they really wanted to make everyone happy.

I guess you have never had a room that was never cleaned between guest. We did and it was awful. Not to mention it took over two hours and several phone calls to get someone to show up and in 10 mins two rooms she was gone. It was gross. I have also had stays where the cleaning was great. No problems at all. There is no excuse for any room in Disney not being up to par. When you are the one who has a bad experience it is tuff to not complain.

We have stayed at both Mods & Values. Our Mousekeepers have always been wonderful. We never have had an issue. These people work very hard to please everyone - and with a smile.

:thumbsup2

Let me just say that the lack of towel animals does not equate to housekeeping not doing their job. I don't care how many kids are in the room or what special event is being celebrated.

I just want a clean room and I have always gotten that. We have had absolutely no problems at all.

we have never had a problem the house keeping..never left a door open ever,,as a mtter of fact the lady called a superviisor to let me in my room cause i got back befor my wife and wanted in my room..she said NO WAY i donnt know if this is your room..so they do care ....

Never encountered any huge problemsbut I do know that when cleaning rooms, they, mousekeepers, leave the door hitting on the night latch to regain access. They might have 4 rooms on night latch, doing the linen in each and they bag all the garbage in a huge bag, another man that acccommpanies the keepers hauls out the trash and moves their carts.

We're on vacation, not real tidy but never big slobs. Have no problem with others cleaning our room, thats what I'm paying for, occasionally leave tip, though not required, not a tipped position, do not do it elsewhere so why here. If I had a choice, I'ld rather tip the mousekeeper than the bell man, she earns her money.

Anyhoo, we call mousekeeping and set up a time we want our room cleaned, usually 9:30-10:00am. We'll be gone or will step out, like having it done as soon as possible so we're not disturbed during the day. Makes it easier for them knowing when the room is vacant. Just a call to Mousekeeping and its a done deal. We like coming back around 1 pm and the room is all made up.

Let me just say that the lack of towel animals does not equate to housekeeping not doing their job. I don't care how many kids are in the room or what special event is being celebrated.

I just want a clean room and I have always gotten that. We have had absolutely no problems at all.

Haha I agree! Towel animals are cute but I dont see how they're required. I never had a problem with mousekeeping either. Always had a clean room, never had anything stolen.

We've never had a problem with mousekeeping except at All Star Sports, when there were crusty frito chips under the bed and paper plates and knives in the drawers, as well as at Wilderness Lodge when there was a dirty sock by the window.

But other than that everything is a ok!

Have a magical day:wizard:

I've never had anything but great service from the Disney housekeepers and to top it all off they are very friendly and welcoming.

Open? No. Off the hinges completely and leaning against your luggage? I don't see why not :teeth:

Can I have one from AKL? I love those doors.

We have never had any problems w/ mousekeeping. We have stayed at Values and at Deluxes. Mousekeeping is always exemplary.

I've never had a problem - they are wonderful! When we stayed at CSR in 2003, we checked in before noon, our room was ready for us, but needed the pack-n-play and fridge we'd requested. The front desk called Mousekeeping to deliver them and told us it would be mid-afternoon before they were delivered. By the time we'd found our room (and it was a short walk from check-in), they had already delivered said items. They rock!

Mousekeeping did a great job for us! Everything was cleaned every day, all of our special requests were cheerfully granted, and in several ways our expectations were exceeded. We were so impressed, we sent a letter to Disney complimenting our mousekeepers. :thumbsup2

I'll assume that this thread was started in response to my comment that ".. nobody ever posts a thread that says "Mousekeeping never left my door open"..."

In which case.. Bravo.. and thank you for the Chuckle of the Day** ®.

Knox

Yep. You inspired me. And doesn't it feel great? Look at all these positive posts. I'm going to archive this and throw it out there for the next negative one because they didn't get a towel animal.

What is wrong with you people! You mean to tell me that you don't throw a fit when you don't have a towel animal? Or maybe the fact that the crappy vacuums did pick up all the goldfish crumbs that the previous famliy left behind for your enjoyment! Well, I can tell ya what is wrong with you... You are all just wonderful! :goodvibes In all my 70+ trips to the world I have NEVER had a mousekeeping issue. And let me tell you I miss them when I stay DVC! It is so nice to come home to a fresh made bed and clean towels. :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter