Moonlight Magic is BACK!

Is Savi's Workshop open during MM?
If so what hours and do you need to make a reservation upon entry to the park?

This was my 1st mm event. I wasn’t super impressed. The only walk on ride was rock n roller coaster. Everything else was 30-50 mins. We left at midnight bc my kids were done. Only rode smugglers, slinky and rnc. But it was free and fell during a week we were already here so I won’t complain.

Reactions: GAN
Things I enjoyed:

- low wait times for some rides (TSM, Alien Swirling Saucers & Mickey and Minnie’s (although I do think we got lucky and arrived right as they re-opened)

- free snacks

- fun party atmosphere (CMs dancing around, characters dancing with little kids and people having a laugh on the rides)

- empty merch shops

- walking around without the regular day crowds

Things that didn’t work so well / kinks to be ironed out

- lots of confusion around what qualified as a snack credit - menu items listed as sides in the app with “qualifies as a snack” specifically for the event (these items don’t have that verbiage during regular park hours - see attached image) did not have the purple snack credit logo on the physical menus at the QS location and CMs had been instructed only to allow items with the purple icon. The only items with the purple icon at most QS locations were deserts and drinks and you don’t know what has that icon without travelling to the QS location which was quite frustrating. I managed to get what I wanted at one location thanks to a helpful CM but we wasted a lot of time at other locations. I think these vouchers worked a lot better at Epcot with F&G booths.

- DVC merch was advertised at specific locations but the selection was pretty poor in my opinion (one spirit jersey a shirt and some ears) was hoping for some more DVC merch

- There was confusion during the party hours at a lot of the snack carts and some people traded their snack vouchers for Mickey Bars when they really should’ve been instructed to go round the corner to get the included ones.

- Wasn’t too excited about the characters and think that effected the ride wait times as people weren’t prioritising seeing them

- Overall CMs seemed really unsure about how things were going to work, we had some lovely chats with some amazing CMs I just think they weren’t prepped well for the event which is totally not their fault.

I was happy overall that I got to do an evening at HS as there are currently no EMH there. Hopefully some of the kinks will be ironed out as this was the first event. Really happy these nights are back as it’s a lovely perk.

Attachments

• 304B03B3-8E27-4752-9BE2-8E4AC029C809.png
    304B03B3-8E27-4752-9BE2-8E4AC029C809.png
    125.9 KB · Views: 50

Things I enjoyed:

- low wait times for some rides (TSM, Alien Swirling Saucers & Mickey and Minnie’s (although I do think we got lucky and arrived right as they re-opened)

- free snacks

- fun party atmosphere (CMs dancing around, characters dancing with little kids and people having a laugh on the rides)

- empty merch shops

- walking around without the regular day crowds

Things that didn’t work so well / kinks to be ironed out

- lots of confusion around what qualified as a snack credit - menu items listed as sides in the app with “qualifies as a snack” specifically for the event (these items don’t have that verbiage during regular park hours - see attached image) did not have the purple snack credit logo on the physical menus at the QS location and CMs had been instructed only to allow items with the purple icon. The only items with the purple icon at most QS locations were deserts and drinks and you don’t know what has that icon without travelling to the QS location which was quite frustrating. I managed to get what I wanted at one location thanks to a helpful CM but we wasted a lot of time at other locations. I think these vouchers worked a lot better at Epcot with F&G booths.

- DVC merch was advertised at specific locations but the selection was pretty poor in my opinion (one spirit jersey a shirt and some ears) was hoping for some more DVC merch

- There was confusion during the party hours at a lot of the snack carts and some people traded their snack vouchers for Mickey Bars when they really should’ve been instructed to go round the corner to get the included ones.

- Wasn’t too excited about the characters and think that effected the ride wait times as people weren’t prioritising seeing them

- Overall CMs seemed really unsure about how things were going to work, we had some lovely chats with some amazing CMs I just think they weren’t prepped well for the event which is totally not their fault.

I was happy overall that I got to do an evening at HS as there are currently no EMH there. Hopefully some of the kinks will be ironed out as this was the first event. Really happy these nights are back as it’s a lovely perk.
THIS…

We had an overall wonderful time hanging out with great people but there were some kinks, as noted above, although nothing that spoiled the night. With Disney most of us have high expectation, so when they fall short in some obviously basic categories it does make you wonder. For instance, the merch that we viewed was awful; and yes, some cast members acted in certain situations like they had not been trained/briefed on how things are to go. Also, we spent time in Galaxy Edge but no sign of R2 or Chewie so you either had to hang there or know where and when they would appear.

That's what we did. Had a nice meal in our room at OKW, took bus over for 7pm arrival and then got our wristbands in a very long, but fast moving line and went in park. We focused on the attractions. We did get our popcorn buckets early in case they ran out and had little string backpack to put them in. Rode Toy Story Mania, Rise of Resistance, Millennium Falcon, Runaway Ralilroad (it reopened after it was down) and Slinky Dog Dash. Saw a bit of the entertainment at the dance party, too. In between rides we got our free Mickey bars AND also later the free strawberry popsicles at an ice cream cart near the old Little Mermaid attraction. We used our snack credits as we left the park at midnight to take something home because we were full from the ice cream. We tried to get Mickey pretzels near the Chinese theatre location, but lines were super long as a lot of other people waited to get snacks and they ran out. They also ran out of the nuts at another line I was in. So, if you want a snack like that to take back, get it earlier. We ended up getting the big cookie and soft drink at a place called The Market. There were lines for attractions, but they were shorter than normal and the weather was perfect and atmosphere and music made it fun. Overall, we had a blast and I hope you will enjoy it as much as we did.

The event went relatively smoothly for us as well. We got to the park just before 6, they started handing out the wrist bands then. They held everyone with bands at the turnstiles until about 645 then let the crowd in. We went straight to rotr then mfr which were our priority. We did attempt to get a drink at the cantina, which had no wait. However it was packed inside and the service was super slow so we bailed. Overall we had a ton of fun and managed to go on 6 rides which was more then I expected. Did not bother with any characters though. Also had a hard time with the snack credits, as most places were sold out of savoury items. Ended up getting funnel cakes which wasn’t awful by any stretch. I hope this helps people planning for the next event!

We have APs, so we entered the park around 5. Headed to the DVC kiosk near Sci-Fi Dine-In and waited less than 5 minutes to get our bands. Star Tours was a walk-on then with a 5 minute posted wait. We then went to Backlot Express to cool off some and eat dinner. When we left, the line at the kiosk had grown about 10 times as long. We got a popcorn bucket at Pizza Rizzo just past 7 with no wait. I saw that MFSR had a 55 minute wait, so we decided to knock that ride off before the event. Big mistake. The wait was over 100 minutes. By the time we finished, the event had started. We then went to ROTR, which was almost a continuously moving line. We then took a break and found the free Mickey and fruit bars. MMRR was next and basically a walk-on.

We then got in a food line and they were out of pretzels and churros (20 minute wait for resupply). We got in another line, got candied almonds and then split up and got back in the pretzel and popcorn lines. We really didn’t want two buckets, but they didn’t have any large boxes.

We could’ve done a few more rides, but our feet wouldn’t let us. We had stood in the line for Remy‘s the night before and it went down for the night just as we got to the boarding area. That, with the wait for MFSR did us in. We did walk through the shop to see DVC gear and were disappointed. We could’ve gotten a 2020 Midnight Magic tee at the Character Warehouse, which would’ve been better than what was available.

Overall, we enjoyed the event and appreciate DVD for putting it on.

I’ll wear my Moonlight Magic tee shirt with slinky Dog on it for the July MM event. At least it isn't generic.

I’ll wear my Moonlight Magic tee shirt with slinky Dog on it for the July MM event. At least it isn't generic.
I think most of us would have loved to have been offered a shirt like that as an option to purchase …but we saw nothing. It’s funny how Disney finds ways of squeezing 10 Pennies out of a nickel, then misses an absolutely perfect opportunity to make money on a tshirt that guests would actually enjoy and promote the DVC product!

I think most of us would have loved to have been offered a shirt like that as an option to purchase …but we saw nothing. It’s funny how Disney finds ways of squeezing 10 Pennies out of a nickel, then misses an absolutely perfect opportunity to make money on a tshirt that guests would actually enjoy and promote the DVC product!

Yes, a t-shirt or a pin. I would’ve gotten the 2020 MM tee I saw at the Character Warehouse had I known the pickings were so slim.

Reactions: GAN
There's alway the chance they couldn't get products created in time. Even though things are improving, supply chain issues are still raging across the world (like, the Earth, not just Disney World).

I think that Disney went from the individualized Moonlight Magic merchandise, with the Park and a recognizable icon from it, to in 2020 just the name Moonlight Magic on it because they ordered more than were necessary when it was detailed for each Park. The excess went to the Outlet stores. Then, an executive proposed gearing merchandise to a generic Moonlight Magic, then sell that excess at the Outlets. Definitely a penny pinching move

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!