• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

monana's TR:Fantamic! Dessert Party, pictures added

Hi Everyone... We just got back from our planning session. I can't wait to get our BEO, I am really curious to see how things look on the money side of things anyways. Well i will post more pictures a little later this week.

All I can say right now is:
- food was AMAZING!! during the menu tasting
- it was nice to meet michelle to have a face with all the email and phone converstations.
- i want my BEO
- TOY STORY MANIA!! i love this ride, it totally makes you a little competitive with the people you are with and play against, but it was so much fun.

Alright more pictures to come later on this week. happy sunday all.

DSCN0347.jpg

This is us in front of WP. You can bearly see it, but the weather was so nice as you can probably tell..

DSCN0340.jpg

I was so excited to go into franck's everything in there was so pretty. and just totally gets you in the mood for a wedding ^_^

DSCN0322.jpg

not to mention they have one of the most comfy chairs ever!! i was in that chair when i took this picture..

So we meet with Michelle, and went through the whole planning i was very impressed on how much she knew about planning a filipino wedding. She made sure we had slots for everything that we needed to take care of in terms of all the filipino customs that we would like to include.

So on to the food, i know everyone is interested in that ^_^. At least i know for sure it was the part my fiance and brother loved.

DSCN0375.jpg

This is the crab cake and chicken/shrimp egg roll.

DSCN0377.jpg

This is the island mac salad. It tasted really good, but i dont like peas, so there will not be peas in my mac salad for the wedding. i love how they cater to your wants. ^_^

DSCN0378.jpg

Next was a oven roasted sweet potato and island style ribs. The ribs were so good, but i totally told them that i would probably not be able to eat ribs in a wedding dress in fear that i would get it all over me. michelle was so funny and said that we may just need to wrap myself with a table linean. but to keep it on the menu since it is probably one of jay's favorite food was the chief suggested that we have a pulled pork. which made him happy.

DSCN0379.jpg

Next was the crusted paramesean chicken, when the cheesiest mashed potato. It was seriously the BEST! Someone on this board suggested that everyone should taste this dish and I am glad we added it. Totatlly yummy!

DSCN0380.jpg

We tired this just because i wanted to see it in person ;) it was yummy. but i did like the chocolate tear drop deal better then the acutal slipper.

DSCN0384.jpg

This was a coconut crusted leche flan. it was really yummy, but for us were not going to have the coconut on it because our family is so use the orginal recipe that were afraid they might not like the taste. and we'll jay wasn't quite sure if he like it either. i thought it was a nice twist. oh well.. gotta let him have some say.. just kidding.

We also tired steam rice which didnt taste like anything were use to so were not going to have it at our wedding. The ceasar salad was surprisingly extra good. i didnt expect it to taste too different from what i've had before, however it really did taste different and it was a good different. we also had another oven roasted potato. We also had an island fruit salad. my brother and jay loved the dressing that went over the fruit. i however could not taste it, because i am allergic to banana and it was in the dressing. but they are going to make a different dressing as well so i can have some too.

overall the food was so good that every time they would bring out a plate you'd think that plate was the best food you ever had. and then when they brought out another dish, that was the best food, and you'd forget about the other dish.

So now the long wait for the BEO.

Every time I see that slipper, I want it more and more! It looks like you had some very tasty food. I love that picture of the two of you that you took before the session.

WOw the food looks great! Can't wait to hear all your choices!

Monana (& Wazzo) I posted some of the Japan pix the Roots took of us before the wedding as a teaser before we get to see *your* fabulous pictures:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=25518612&postcount=766

Also, I LOVE all your tasting session pictures. And I think it's fantastic that you went off the regular menu to incorporate the foods you wanted - I totally wanna crash your reception now! :hyper:

The food looked great!!! I got really excited about the island macaroni salad. Reminds me of how much better it tastes!!! Whenever I go somewhere that has hawai'ian food I get the macaroni salad.

YUM! I definately agree with the ribs! :eek: too messy in a wedding dress!

Cant wait for more!

Yeah it was way too messy, but since it is my fiance's favorite food, it'll be there at the reception. well minus the bone.

Every time I see that slipper, I want it more and more! It looks like you had some very tasty food. I love that picture of the two of you that you took before the session.

Thanks. It was such a nice day we end up taking a couple pictures out there, with the WP, poly, and grand floridian as our backdrop. but i agree something about that slipper just makes you wanna have more.

WOw the food looks great! Can't wait to hear all your choices!
Were still going back and forth with our planner so i will make sure to post up our final choices.

Monana (& Wazzo) I posted some of the Japan pix the Roots took of us before the wedding as a teaser before we get to see *your* fabulous pictures:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=25518612&postcount=766

Also, I LOVE all your tasting session pictures. And I think it's fantastic that you went off the regular menu to incorporate the foods you wanted - I totally wanna crash your reception now! :hyper:

I love the pictures that the roots took of you guys at Japan. So i know ours will look fantastic, espcially since we went with them for our photographers ^_^. I think that everyone should incorporate the foods you want, because seriously we didnt find one menu that we could totally stick with anyways.

The food looked great!!! I got really excited about the island macaroni salad. Reminds me of how much better it tastes!!! Whenever I go somewhere that has hawai'ian food I get the macaroni salad.

mac salad is one of our favorite side dishes, so we HAD to have it in our wedding.

Your food looked amazing!

Thanks so much. too bad some of the pictures were a bit blurry though.

We went to our first special ticket event for wdw...

DSCN0252.jpg

DSCN0259.jpg

It was amazing to see how much people dressed up for the mickey's pirate and princess party. I mean we did the hats, and shirts that were in theme. But i mean they were in costumes and what not. jay say's that we should dress up like that the next time we go too..

This was at animal kingdom

DSCN0491.jpg

This is at Epcot.. I love all the characters that were in the various garden locations. It's just a pretty time of year to be there.

IMG_0474.jpg

When you go to the toy story ride, in hollywood studios, this is what you'll see when you are waiting in line..

DSCN0299.jpg

The whole place is decorated it's really really cute. plus i just really like that ride.

up next.. a couple pictures from our engagment photoshoot...

Mo! I didn't get to see the food pictures yet, so I'm glad I found your thread on here.

AND you get my first post!

Mo! I didn't get to see the food pictures yet, so I'm glad I found your thread on here.

AND you get my first post!

^_^. I totally thought i told you about this.. but doesn't it look yummy? It's good to see you that your now posting.

We finally finished all the invitations, we only have 6 more to mail out and that's only because i forgot to bring them to my bridal shower. We've got back 4 rsvp cards out of the 87.. i wish they would come in quick. but they do have until the 18th.

Here's all 87 invitations, organized into states that everyone is from, just so i can make sure we have an invitations for all our guest.
DSCN0548.jpg

the front of the envelope, the tinkerbell is just to the right of everyone's address.
DSCN0550.jpg

the actual invitation information, the band around it with our pictures holds the insert and rsvp card with the invitation.
DSCN0551-1.jpg

DSCN0553-1.jpg

RSVP cards
DSCN0554.jpg

DSCN0555.jpg

here's the seal at the back of the invitation, but i really couldn't get any better picture.

DSCN0556.jpg

Your invitations are great! Love the Tink on the envelope ^_^

DF and I are thinking of getting married in Japan too!

Your dress is beautiful, and I think hairstyle no 1 will go perfectly with it ^_^

Kayleigh

The invitations are too cute!!

Thanks, and they were pretty simple to make.

Your invitations are great! Love the Tink on the envelope ^_^

DF and I are thinking of getting married in Japan too!

Your dress is beautiful, and I think hairstyle no 1 will go perfectly with it ^_^

Kayleigh

Thanks.. i will make sure to post up pictures that way you can see how a wedding in japan turns out, there isn't too many on the boards, but i just love that location so much.

We just got our BEO, oh man without our floral estimates and our dessert party menu added, it's already at $16,328.

The price includes:
60 guest
2 limos
1 charter bus
Epcot Japan location
Atlantic Dance Hall for reception
our cake $1049.03 alone
soft drink/bottled water package
DJ
1 bottle of cider
Bill on consumption bar fees
custom brunch at 75/person
cake
mickey/minnie
dessert party fee site
dessert party viewing fee
setup charge

Ok so why is our cake seriously that much?? i mean we got the mad hatter style, and according to our pricing guide it's suppose to be $450.

What did everyone do to cut the cost of drinks? the soft drink/bottled water package is kinda expensive, i mean it is just drinks.

Any tips that people could give me to help cut some of the cost would be great. we really want to keep mickey and minnie, and the dessert party.

oh and here's our menu...

island fruit salad, fruit tossed with coconut with banana dipping cream or mango papaya dipping cream

made to order mickey mouse waffles

cook to order omelets

hickory smoked bacon

yukon gold potatoes

caesar salad

hawaiian mac salad

spring rolls

crab cakes

island inspired pulled pork and warm king bread

grilled mahi mahi with pineapple poblano salsa

island style roasted sweet potatoes

parmesan crusted breast of chicken, laced with mushroom cream and accompanied by asiago cheese infused mashed potatoes

cooke to order vegetable stir fry

coconut flan

chocolate teardrop filled with dark chocolate mousse

hmm now that i am looking at it i think we may have to much on our menu..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter