monana's TR:Fantamic! Dessert Party, pictures added

450 is for the 2 tier mad hatter! its 950 plus tax for the 3 tier

The 2 tire one only feeds 50 so thats why you have the 3 tier one

Oh, WOW! The first thing I would suggest is to eliminate several of your entrees. I would think that the mahi mahi is expensive and it seems that a pork, seafood, chicken and stir-fry are too many choices. Are they all being served at one event? Maybe eliminating the stir fry would bring the price down considerably since that is an action station. PLUS, I think you could do with one or two less sides or appetizers. Finally, if you are having a fabulous wedding cake, do you need the mousse teardrop? I think that may also be a cost you could eliminate.
Good luck! I know it is hard to make all those choices and then eliminate them.

450 is for the 2 tier mad hatter! its 950 plus tax for the 3 tier

The 2 tire one only feeds 50 so thats why you have the 3 tier one
ohh, so man we bearly missed having a 2 tier, thanks for the info, i was afraid it was just all fees, that they had place on the cake that made the price more..

Oh, WOW! The first thing I would suggest is to eliminate several of your entrees. I would think that the mahi mahi is expensive and it seems that a pork, seafood, chicken and stir-fry are too many choices. Are they all being served at one event? Maybe eliminating the stir fry would bring the price down considerably since that is an action station. PLUS, I think you could do with one or two less sides or appetizers. Finally, if you are having a fabulous wedding cake, do you need the mousse teardrop? I think that may also be a cost you could eliminate.
Good luck! I know it is hard to make all those choices and then eliminate them.

Everything you suggested it what my brother, who went with us to the tasting said we should eliminate. It's going to be a buffet.

So do you think that we'd be able to make arrangements for our one guest that is vegetarian?

How did everyone include drinks to their menu? did you do the soda, and water bottle choice? To me, i think that sodas, are not necessary. Do they have another choice?

My DF wants to have a bar of some kind. I think it's totally a waste, i mean our reception is 10am to 2pm, and since were from seattle, our bodies are in 7am to 11am. But he wants it there, because he says well some of us will have been in wdw for about half a week and probably adjust to the time so drinking around noon to 2pm isn't harsh. Any suggestions on how to make that doable, but not so expensive either?

I would definitely recommend doing the soda and water as bill on consumption. We did the package and it was a complete waste of money.

Also, a HUGE way to save money would be to drop the bar. You are right - most people do not expect hard liquor between 10 and 2. Maybe if your DF sees how much it would save, he'll be more amenable to the idea.

And if he's really set on having some liquor, you could do the beer and wine bar or just a signature cocktail. Alternatively, you could buy your own alcohol and just pay the corkage and service fee - it would still be less than Disney charges.

Wow!! It's been a while since I've been over to check out your PJ. Your invites look great! I love all the extra Disney touches! That sucks about your BEO! It must be so hard to pick things to cut out. If your DF really wants some liquor maybe do a bellini or mimosa? Those are morning drinks althought the champagne may make them expensive. Good luck!!!

Don't quote me on this but I thought they could do a two tier cake and then a tray of cake so you have enough cake for your guests and they won't know the difference as the cake is taken away to be cut. If they do do this it may save you some money.

Everything you suggested it what my brother, who went with us to the tasting said we should eliminate. It's going to be a buffet.

So do you think that we'd be able to make arrangements for our one guest that is vegetarian?
Absolutely -- I'd bet your vegetarian guest would like many of the sides, etc. and your WP can give you suggestions of an entree that they'd prepare just for that guest. I don't think it would be a problem at all.

How did everyone include drinks to their menu? did you do the soda, and water bottle choice? To me, i think that sodas, are not necessary. Do they have another choice?

My DF wants to have a bar of some kind. I think it's totally a waste, i mean our reception is 10am to 2pm, and since were from seattle, our bodies are in 7am to 11am. But he wants it there, because he says well some of us will have been in wdw for about half a week and probably adjust to the time so drinking around noon to 2pm isn't harsh. Any suggestions on how to make that doable, but not so expensive either?

I agree with the previous posters who suggested that mimosas or bellinis or both would be nice options for that time of day. Because they are only part champagne, they shouldn't be too expensive. And Carrie's idea of doing bill on consumption for sodas & water (and possibly juice) would probably be less expensive in the end.

Good luck! :hug:

Since DF really wants the bar, what if you don't open it until 12:00. I don't think too many guests will want to be seen drinking b4 noon anyways.:rotfl:

:goodvibes Good Luck!:goodvibes

First of all - love the invites and love the Tink on the front. Is that a stamp or did you print that on the envelope.

As far as drinks go - we are wondering what to do about that also. We are having a morning ceremony and our reception will be in ADH from 10:00 to 3:00. We are thinking of a signature drink during the cocktail hour and then a BOC for he rest of the day. I agree that most people will not want hard liquor that early in the morning but by the time the food is over I am sure around 1:00 or 2:00 they will want some drinks. I also feel that as everyone will be traveling from the NY/NJ area we need to offer them something for making the trip. I really do not feel think that they will start drinking until later in the day.

Linda

Wow!! It's been a while since I've been over to check out your PJ. Your invites look great! I love all the extra Disney touches! That sucks about your BEO! It must be so hard to pick things to cut out. If your DF really wants some liquor maybe do a bellini or mimosa? Those are morning drinks althought the champagne may make them expensive. Good luck!!!

Thanks so much i'll see what he says about the bellini or mimosa.

Don't quote me on this but I thought they could do a two tier cake and then a tray of cake so you have enough cake for your guests and they won't know the difference as the cake is taken away to be cut. If they do do this it may save you some money.

I am going to try and see if we can do that, that sounds like a great idea

Absolutely -- I'd bet your vegetarian guest would like many of the sides, etc. and your WP can give you suggestions of an entree that they'd prepare just for that guest. I don't think it would be a problem at all.

I am going to have to look into that, It just seems odd to have a buffet, and then have one person get served plate. But I dont want to leave him out food wise, so it'll have to work.

I agree with the previous posters who suggested that mimosas or bellinis or both would be nice options for that time of day. Because they are only part champagne, they shouldn't be too expensive. And Carrie's idea of doing bill on consumption for sodas & water (and possibly juice) would probably be less expensive in the end.

Good luck! :hug:

Since DF really wants the bar, what if you don't open it until 12:00. I don't think too many guests will want to be seen drinking b4 noon anyways.:rotfl:

:goodvibes Good Luck!:goodvibes

Yeah i'll bring that up to him to we gotta figure out a compromise it'll surely be one of many to come.

First of all - love the invites and love the Tink on the front. Is that a stamp or did you print that on the envelope.

As far as drinks go - we are wondering what to do about that also. We are having a morning ceremony and our reception will be in ADH from 10:00 to 3:00. We are thinking of a signature drink during the cocktail hour and then a BOC for he rest of the day. I agree that most people will not want hard liquor that early in the morning but by the time the food is over I am sure around 1:00 or 2:00 they will want some drinks. I also feel that as everyone will be traveling from the NY/NJ area we need to offer them something for making the trip. I really do not feel think that they will start drinking until later in the day.

Linda

The tinker bell on the front was a stamp. I used this shimmer silver ink, and i had another stamp to add more "pixie dust around her.

But yea the drink issue is kinda tricky.

I would definitely recommend doing the soda and water as bill on consumption. We did the package and it was a complete waste of money.

Also, a HUGE way to save money would be to drop the bar. You are right - most people do not expect hard liquor between 10 and 2. Maybe if your DF sees how much it would save, he'll be more amenable to the idea.

And if he's really set on having some liquor, you could do the beer and wine bar or just a signature cocktail. Alternatively, you could buy your own alcohol and just pay the corkage and service fee - it would still be less than Disney charges.

Ohh, i didnt even think about bringing our own liquor. that might be a big help. Thanks for the suggestion. you wouldn't happen to remember how much the corkage and service fee is??

The corkage fee is 50 cents per bottle or can for beer, soft drinks, and water and $20 per bottle for liquor and wine. Liquor also gets a $2.50 per drink charge to cover mixers, ice, and garnishes.

While the corkage fee applies to all beverages brought to the event, Disney assesses a 21% service charge only on beverages opened at the event. The charge is calculated based on Disney’s retail price for each beverage, not the price you bought it for.

Hope this helps! :thumbsup2

I've just found your PJ and I'm really liking your choices - have to say I love the invites and the response cards - why didn't I think of something that efficient?!

For your own sanity, I'd just do the bill on consumption. As long as you spend $500 on all your beverages (not that hard to do with 60+ people) you won't pay bartender fees or anything, and that way you can offer alcohol, but you won't have to pay for it if no one drinks it - you both win!! :thumbsup2 Bringing in your own makes for one more errand and stress that you don't need for your wedding trying to figure out how much of everything to buy, transporting it, and what to do with extra!

Oh, and I almost forgot - DH and I also LOVED the Caesar salad they made for us at our EPCOT tasting. The best part was the fried cheese ravioli croutons - did you have those? I have to say as good as the salad was, they were even better!! I really wish that I knew if there was somewhere in EPCOT that I could get that salad!!!

Like the rest of the ladies said, i would eliminate alot of the menu items. I would keep it simple. Also do boc with sodas and water. Also, if you do havea dessert party, maybe you can serve alcohol there? maybe a signature drink or a boc or something. The dp isn't very long, so your bill wont be too high. Hope it all works out for ya!

Don't worry about the vegetarian, I'll make sure he is properly fed.

You're pulling out all of the stops with dessert party already! Shave off a lot of your buffet stuff.

And is it too late to revert to a two tier cake? Again, there's the dessert buffet...I don't know. What are you doing this weekend? I want to help! It's my job to help!

And MUSHROOM cream on the chicken? Mushrooms? You have mushrooms? Cut the chicken! Or at least the mushrooms...

And MUSHROOM cream on the chicken? Mushrooms? You have mushrooms? Cut the chicken! Or at least the mushrooms...

we just had to have it. i totally loved it! i just take off the pieces of mushroom on top of the chicken, and it's all good. ^_^

warning, a little venting going on here....

I know it might be a little premature, but we mailed out those invitations like two weeks ago. The RSVP cards are due this coming friday the 18th. And as of right now, i have only 9 cards out of 87 that have come in. And it's kind of annoying because i understand that some have told me they are coming, but is it really hard to mail or hand me the card?? and when i have talked to some and told them that yeah they need to send it, they act all surprised that i am making them mail out the RSVP card. but as far as i am concerned, if i dont have your card, your not coming.

Is that harsh?? i don't know i don't think it's too hard to just mail the dang things. even if they cant make it it would be nice to know. ahh.. well i bet just about every bride goes through this disney wedding or not. :sad2:

on another note:

• i have contacted our wedding planner and gave her changes that we are interested in and added which dessert party menu we wanted.
  • we've booked our stay for after the wedding
  • we've booked our flight from mco to las vegas. after vegas we head home to seattle
  • we've decided the majority of our schedule in terms of what parks we'd like to visit
  • we've made all the adr at resturants we'd like to eat at
  • i have made our guestbook pages, they will need to be printed, and i'll post up pictures of that as soon as that's done
  • we only need to make 6 more ribbon leis, to cover how many guest i think will be attending

All that left:
  • wait for rsvp cards
  • wait for updated BEO
  • wait for floral part of BEO
  • print out program, put them together, maybe next weekend
  • we may have to rethink doing a rehearsal dinner, it's been tough finding a resturant to hold as many people as we need
  • probably more stuff, but that's all i can think of for right now

we have less then two months to go..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter