monana's TR:Fantamic! Dessert Party, pictures added

Mona I just noticed you have Michelle for your planner and that's who we have as well! She'll definitely know all about the Japan site for you :goodvibes We're planning our last minute details and trying to get everything together. I just sent the application for our marriage license the other day... it's getting so close I can't believe it. Believe me it goes so fast!

Mona,

Girl! people are going to need some of these :cool2: (Not Caryn's haters, just rockstar shades) to shield everyone from your sexyness. That dress is gorgeous with all the sparkle and then add on the Mickey jewels! WOW! beautiful! :hug:

Mona,

Girl! people are going to need some of these :cool2: (Not Caryn's haters, just rockstar shades) to shield everyone from your sexyness. That dress is gorgeous with all the sparkle and then add on the Mickey jewels! WOW! beautiful! :hug:

I know right that's what i wanted :yay: , i am going to have to find some mickey jewels. my sister made my veil and it has some hidden mickey jewels around it.

So on this past Thursday night, I got together with my cousin to work on different hairstlyes for the wedding. She's been doing taking care of all my hair needs for SOOOO long. So I am so blessed that she will be able to make the trip to Orlando with us, and be my hairstylist. So here are two possible hair styles that we she thought are good possibilities for the wedding..

Style Number 1

DSCN0104.jpg

DSCN0103.jpg

Style Number 2

DSCN0095.jpg

DSCN0099.jpg

Any suggestions ladies?? Sorry i still dont know how to resize pictures.

Well let's see.. We soon leave for our planning session. I can't wait! While we are down there we are going to do the pirates and princess party. That will be the first time I've done the special ticket events for any disney theme park.

We've booked the following:

Photographer: http://www.rootography.com/
Videographer: http://www.stvsweddings.com/
Pastor: Pastor Kirk Bane
We've also booked things like flights and hotels.

My sister and I worked on the cover for the programs, and pieces of the invitations as well. I'll take pictures sometime this week and then post them up.

My DF and I are currently working on our menu, and what items we'd like to taste for our menu tasting..

This our menu so far:
Shrimp and chicken spring rolls
Crab cakes
Fruit trays or the fresh island fruit salad
Island Mac Salad (Is this something we could do??)
Croissant (Hawaiian bread rolls if this is possible)

Island barbecued pork ribs
Rice
Stir fry to order or some kind of chow mein
Deep fried turkey breast
Beef Teriyaki

Hardwood smoked bacon
Maple glazed pork sausage links
Eggs and omelet (made-to-order)
Mickey waffles/pancakes
Oven roasted Yukon gold potatoes, Uala Kahiki (Fried Potatoes) - island-style potatoes, caramelized onions & scallions, or asiago mashed potatoes

We still have to check out how much this would cost for this menu. We were wondering if anyone had any alternative suggestions for the deep fried turkey breast and beef teriyaki.

So that's what we've done so far. Any suggestions would be great regarding anything.

Island Mac Salad (Is this something we could do??)

Sure! You can mix and match items from other menus. Or, if this isn't on any menu, you might be able to give Disney a family recipe. :thumbsup2

I like both hairstyles, too! I guess that doesn't help, though.... :cutie:

Sure! You can mix and match items from other menus. Or, if this isn't on any menu, you might be able to give Disney a family recipe. :thumbsup2

I like both hairstyles, too! I guess that doesn't help, though.... :cutie:

Disney can do family recipes?? wait why am i surprised, they really can make anything happen...:thumbsup2
Yeah i think the hairstyle may just be decided while were in orlando. If it's really hot, i'd rather have my hair off to the side and all together

I vote for hairstyle #1...I love the dress. and the food sounds delicious

Thanks. My DF is really into planning the food part of this whole wedding. So a lot of the food choices are from him.. I guess anything to get the guy involved in the planning process right?? hahaha, just kidding.. kinda :rolleyes1

Thanks,

Well let's see.. We soon leave for our planning session. I can't wait! While we are down there we are going to do the pirates and princess party. That will be the first time I've done the special ticket events for any disney theme park.

Yay! That is SO exciting! I'm so excited for you! :goodvibes

I'm super interested in both Japan and the Roots, so I'm very happy to see that you're combining these two! ;)

Have fun at your planning session!

Oh, Yes Island Macaroni salad so yummy. Make sure they use the elbow macaroni to get the same taste. :). I try to make the plate lunch macaroni salad at home but can just not get the same taste. Your menu sounds wonderful.

With your dress I like hairstyle number 1!!!

I really like the first style! I love the side swiped hair.

ETA: I just read through your PJ-- I'm so late to the game here, as always. Did you ever find a flower girl dress? I bought my niece's and didn't want to spend a bunch. I bought it from an eBay seller. The quality was good and I saw the same dress (tags and all) in a bridal shop for more. Here's a link: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZzbestbuy6688.

Yay! That is SO exciting! I'm so excited for you! :goodvibes

I'm super interested in both Japan and the Roots, so I'm very happy to see that you're combining these two! ;)

Have fun at your planning session!

Thanks so much! I will definetly post pictures from the wedding as soon as i get them from the Roots.

Oh, Yes Island Macaroni salad so yummy. Make sure they use the elbow macaroni to get the same taste. :). I try to make the plate lunch macaroni salad at home but can just not get the same taste. Your menu sounds wonderful.

I know huh, I will have to make sure they use the elbow macaroni, i didnt even think to make sure they did that. However I did add it for our menu tasting so that way I can make sure it's just what we want.

I really like the first style! I love the side swiped hair.

ETA: I just read through your PJ-- I'm so late to the game here, as always. Did you ever find a flower girl dress? I bought my niece's and didn't want to spend a bunch. I bought it from an eBay seller. The quality was good and I saw the same dress (tags and all) in a bridal shop for more. Here's a link: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZzbestbuy6688.

Thanks SOOOOOOO much for that link. The dresses are cute and the prices are just right. We had no idea where to get reasonably priced dresses for the flower girls.

With your dress I like hairstyle number 1!!!

I vote for #1 too :)

my vote is for #1! :)

Thanks for all the votes. It looks like hairstyle number one is the winner. I am so glad too. Because it was secretly the one i was leaning towards. My cousin was even talking about adding a little flower on into that hairstyle, I just dont know how she would incorporate it. But i have so much faith in her work. Oh wait, Would have I have to get the flowers from disney?? because of the EPCOT wedding? hmm.. maybe we'll have to do fake flowers?

Put the flower on the oppisite side of the side ponytail!! I have a picture of a style that I like and she has a flower in her hair..it's similar to your's. Let me find it and I will post it for you.

Thanks SOOOOOOO much for that link. The dresses are cute and the prices are just right. We had no idea where to get reasonably priced dresses for the flower girls.

You're very welcome! My niece's dress is the pickup style on the seller's page-- it looked sort of like Belle's dress. I had the sash removed and put a navy sash from David's Bridal on it to match my sash. For what it's worth, my niece destroyed her dress that day! She spilled every substance she got her hands on on the dress. A few weeks ago I decided to throw it in the wash. Every single stain came right out. I gave it to her to use as a dress-up dress now, so it has become a multi-purpose dress.

Ok here is the link..it won't let me copy and paste it. this is how i want my hair but I'm not having it off to the side,I'm going to have it on both sides in the back but I will have the front like hers.

here is the front
http://www.haircomesthebride.com/images/Passions 2008/Portfolio/WEB-Magnolia1.jpg
and back
http://www.haircomesthebride.com/images/Passions 2008/Portfolio/WEB-Magnolia2.jpg

Thanks so sending me the link, I'll show it to her. I totally love that idea. It balances it out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter