Mom & Son Take On Spring Break! 6/1, Updated (final?) August Dining Lineup!

I'm very, very late, so I'm glad this thread was bumped so I got to read another set of great reviews. :thumbsup2 Have to say I agree with you on the World Flavors breakfast platter - it sounded so much better than it actually was. :sad2: But at least there was plenty of enjoyable food to make up for it. And you got to meet Barb and the family! :goodvibes

Have your plans for next trip changed a lot since you wrote up that list? I love the idea of trying new places! I'm especially interested in your reviews for:

-Marrakesh (one of our old favorites, but we haven't been back in about 5 years after a disappointing meal)
-Fulton's (another one of our old favorites that we just stopped going to. great setting, but the recent reviews have been mixed)
-Kimono's (gets good reviews, but is rarely reviewed! the sushi here sounds awesome)
-Beaches & Cream (the food might not be the greatest, but it's not too expensive and you have to experience the atmosphere!)

I love reading your trip reports!

Thank you so much! :goodvibes

I'm very, very late, so I'm glad this thread was bumped so I got to read another set of great reviews. :thumbsup2 Have to say I agree with you on the World Flavors breakfast platter - it sounded so much better than it actually was. :sad2: But at least there was plenty of enjoyable food to make up for it. And you got to meet Barb and the family! :goodvibes

Have your plans for next trip changed a lot since you wrote up that list? I love the idea of trying new places! I'm especially interested in your reviews for:

-Marrakesh (one of our old favorites, but we haven't been back in about 5 years after a disappointing meal)
-Fulton's (another one of our old favorites that we just stopped going to. great setting, but the recent reviews have been mixed)
-Kimono's (gets good reviews, but is rarely reviewed! the sushi here sounds awesome)
-Beaches & Cream (the food might not be the greatest, but it's not too expensive and you have to experience the atmosphere!)

Of course my plans have changed ... dozens of times! :laughing: But I think I am pretty set now ... I will post updated plans in a new post!

Glad you were able to find me and read our recent review! We had a awesome trip!

Meeting Barb was definitely a highlight! Looking forward to meeting a few new friends in August! ;)

Since Mr. DDW asked, I thought I would post what I think may be our final dining plans for August. I have made a few changes but not as many as in past trips. So .... we plan to eat at ...

Artist Point (Andrew's only request ... I would rather hit another signature, but I guess it is his trip, too!)

Earl of Sandwich
Ghiardellis
Coral Reef
Kimonos
Sci Fi
Turf Club (this was originally Tony's, then Olivias, now Turf Club)
Nine Dragons
Sanaa
Blue Zoo
Wolfgang Puck Express breakfast
Fultons
Yak & Yeti (another Andrew request)
Marrakesh
Trails End
Starring Rolls Lunch
Paradiso 37
The Wave breakfast
Possible Kona Lunch (may just do QS instead)
Kouzzina dinner
Rose & Crown (my favorite place to have lunch in WDW)
Captains Grille dinner

Wow, alot of food ... and a lot of new places. I originally did not want to repeat any of the places we ate in November or March but Y&Y and R&C have snuck into the plans!

We are also hoping to bowl at Splitsville, take the Characters in Flight balloon ride, check out Chip & Dale's campfire, maybe snack at the AMC theater (Planes should be playing when we are there) and we will definitely be taking an Illuminations Cruise with friends!

As with most trips, I don't expect to get to everything we have planned and that will be Ok because I know whatever we get to will be fantastic!

So what do you all think?

Ok, so I figured there there would be a few changes! Still looks like a great list overall. :thumbsup2

I'm glad you're still keeping a lot of the new places, especially bluezoo, Marrakesh, and Kimonos. Our bluezoo experience was mixed (great appetizers and dessert; disappointing entrees and sides), but that was almost two years ago and the menu has presumably changed since then.

Turf Club/Olivia's/Tony's seems like a toss-up. They all get mixed reviews, so I'd just take a chance on whichever menu appeals to you most at the time.

The extra activities sound great too! I've never done any of those things before, but they all sound like a lot of fun. :goodvibes

Our bluezoo experience was mixed (great appetizers and dessert; disappointing entrees and sides), but that was almost two years ago and the menu has presumably changed since then.

Turf Club/Olivia's/Tony's seems like a toss-up. They all get mixed reviews, so I'd just take a chance on whichever menu appeals to you most at the time.

The extra activities sound great too! I've never done any of those things before, but they all sound like a lot of fun. :goodvibes

Our plan at Blue Zoo is to probably share a few appetizers & sides, possibly split an entree & then get dessert. That is actually our plan for most of the trip. We love appetizers and I would rather share 3 or 4 of them than get an entree in most cases. We are so used to be stuffed to the gills with deluxe dining that this will be a nice change of pace for us!

I am hoping we get all of the activities in. I think it will be fun to try different things.

Since Mr. DDW asked, I thought I would post what I think may be our final dining plans for August. I have made a few changes but not as many as in past trips. So .... we plan to eat at ...

Artist Point (Andrew's only request ... I would rather hit another signature, but I guess it is his trip, too!) As much as I love AP, we are going to try a lighter option at Territory Lounge next trip.

Earl of Sandwich - love it!
Ghiardellis Never tried it, shame on me!
Coral Reef Don't sit next to the aquarium, those sad fish eyes looking at your plate are too much to handle! :lmao:
Kimonos Where's this?
Sci Fi Still go there even if we only split a burger
Turf Club (this was originally Tony's, then Olivias, now Turf Club) Argh!!! It may take us about 12 years to return here or if all the other restaurants and snack kiosks at WDW close down! :rotfl: But I hope you enjoy your dinner. Em noted that they have prime rib on their menu which is definitely earning points.
Nine Dragons Interested in their food just not their tables on top of each other.
Sanaa Can't wait to try this in August... hey, when are you here. We have an ADR on 8/20
Blue Zoo Definitely on our radar
Wolfgang Puck Express breakfast So jealous! I would love to try the French toast.
Fultons I'll be interested to see what you thought of this.
Yak & Yeti (another Andrew request) Good boy Andrew! Excellent choice.
Marrakesh Em and I loved our lunch here in February.
Trails End Is this a buffet??
Starring Rolls Lunch Red velvet cupcakes.. Mmmmm that would be my lunch there!
Paradiso 37 Looking forward to your thoughts on this one.
The Wave breakfast I owe Em a return to the Wave. As for me, I'd be happy just having a biscuit there.
Possible Kona Lunch (may just do QS instead) Sounds good!
Kouzzina dinner Another place that I will be interested to see what you thought!
Rose & Crown (my favorite place to have lunch in WDW) You were so influential when I ready your review that I immediately made a dinner ADR here.
Captains Grille dinner Great choice!

Wow, alot of food ... and a lot of new places. I originally did not want to repeat any of the places we ate in November or March but Y&Y and R&C have snuck into the plans!

We are also hoping to bowl at Splitsville, take the Characters in Flight balloon ride, check out Chip & Dale's campfire, maybe snack at the AMC theater (Planes should be playing when we are there) and we will definitely be taking an Illuminations Cruise with friends!

As with most trips, I don't expect to get to everything we have planned and that will be Ok because I know whatever we get to will be fantastic!

So what do you all think?

I think WOW! Great job! I just want to know how many will change between now and then? :lmao:

Hey, what do you know, I'm doing the Illuminations cruise as well!! ;)

Artist Point (Andrew's only request ... I would rather hit another signature, but I guess it is his trip, too!) As much as I love AP, we are going to try a lighter option at Territory Lounge next trip.

I think this may end up being the last (?) change. After seeing Paula's pics last night, I think I have convinced Andrew to go back to Citricos.

Earl of Sandwich - love it!

This will end up being our first meal after arrival. I have loved everything we have had there.

Ghiardellis Never tried it, shame on me!

Yes totally shame on you! We stop every trip!

Coral Reef Don't sit next to the aquarium, those sad fish eyes looking at your plate are too much to handle!

I don't mind the fish eyes. :rotfl: This is a must do because of the special meal we had on our first Mom & Son trip. We may end up only having soup, salad & dessert because the current menu does not thrill me but I definitely want to have a meal here.[/COLOR]

Kimonos Where's this?

It is the sushi place in the Swan, which is probably why it isn't on your radar, Brenda! I am really looking forward to trying it.

Sci Fi Still go there even if we only split a burger

That's our plan ... to split the picnic burger!

Turf Club (this was originally Tony's, then Olivias, now Turf Club) Argh!!! It may take us about 12 years to return here or if all the other restaurants and snack kiosks at WDW close down! But I hope you enjoy your dinner. Em noted that they have prime rib on their menu which is definitely earning points.

Ah, I remember now that your awful meal is what made us change from Turf Club to Olivias, then Paulas less than perfect meal made me go back to Turf Club. I have an ADR at Tony's so we may just end up there. But I grew up in Saratoga going to the racetrack so I do want to check out Saratoga Springs at some point!

Nine Dragons Interested in their food just not their tables on top of each other.

Yeah, I know ... but we are planning lunch so I am guessing it won't be too crowded!

Sanaa Can't wait to try this in August... hey, when are you here. We have an ADR on 8/20

It is funny because this was our worst meal a couple of trips ago but with my try it twice rule we went back & loved it. Really looking forward to the butter chicken. Alas, we are leaving on the 20th! :guilty:

Blue Zoo Definitely on our radar

This is the one I am most looking forward to this trip!

Wolfgang Puck Express breakfast So jealous! I would love to try the French toast.

I say we are doing this every trip and we never make it. We'll see what happens this year

Fultons I'll be interested to see what you thought of this.

Yeah, me too! :upsidedow I know the reviews aren't always the best, but with our being more willing to try seafood, I want to give it a go. Hoping for a decent meal

Yak & Yeti (another Andrew request) Good boy Andrew! Excellent choice.

Yep ... can't go wrong with the lettuce wraps & wonton dessert!

Marrakesh Em and I loved our lunch here in February.

I remember! A bit nervous about this one but what's the worst thing? We hate our meal and duck over to Germany for a bratwurst! It's not like we will go hungry!

Trails End Is this a buffet??

It is for dinner, yes. I am not usually a buffet fan, but this one seems to be calling me. And since this is the trip of new restaurants, why not?

Starring Rolls Lunch Red velvet cupcakes.. Mmmmm that would be my lunch there!

That has been my breakfast many times! But I really want to try the sandwiches this year

Paradiso 37 Looking forward to your thoughts on this one.

I want to try to catch a movie at AMC so we thought this would be a fun place to grab appetizers before we go. We'll see.

The Wave breakfast I owe Em a return to the Wave. As for me, I'd be happy just having a biscuit there.

This is another that I am not sure we will make (we aren't huge breakfast people but we'll see

Possible Kona Lunch (may just do QS instead) Sounds good!

If we end up doing The Wave breakfast, we may not do this lunch. But we are on a sushi mission so you never know!

Kouzzina dinner Another place that I will be interested to see what you thought!

Looking forward to this one as well. We love the breakfast but haven't tried dinner. Good spot to eat before Cruisin'!

Rose & Crown (my favorite place to have lunch in WDW) You were so influential when I ready your review that I immediately made a dinner ADR here.

I like lunch better than dinner but we have never had a bad meal. And it is no doubt my favorite place to have lunch in the World. We usually go there one of our first days but this year I am saving it for last.

Captains Grille dinner Great choice!

Again, your review convinced me. It has gotten some horrible reviews in the past. But again, the trip of new restaurants so we'll give it a try. Had Le Cellier booked as our last meal but after 10 days of food I thought that it would be too much!

Thank you, Miss Brenda for all your comments. I am looking forward to sharing our meals! (And hearing where you & Em have decided to dine!)

Vicki your mind operates like mine. You have to carefully plan and place each meal in the context of your park plans, where the meal is sandwiched between a buffet or lighter option, is there EMH involved, is it new or a must return favorite... There is definitely a science to this. Oh, and the fact that we have kids that have opinions on where they want to eat! :rolleyes1

I'm going to adopt your try it twice philosophy and drop my grudge against Turf Club! I think there are enough options on the menu to please. The desserts did look awesome. The seating was a little odd but you have control over that too if you don't like your assigned table simply ask for another or wait for a better one. :) Plus the fact that SSR would certainly be nostalgic for you. I look forward to seeing your final choices! ;)

Great ADR choices! I do love Artist Point & R&C is a must-do. We're not buffet people, but Trail's End really intrigues me. I love that kind of food!
I can't wait to read your reviews when you get back!!

Vicki your mind operates like mine. You have to carefully plan and place each meal in the context of your park plans, where the meal is sandwiched between a buffet or lighter option, is there EMH involved, is it new or a must return favorite... There is definitely a science to this. Oh, and the fact that we have kids that have opinions on where they want to eat! :rolleyes1

I'm going to adopt your try it twice philosophy and drop my grudge against Turf Club! I think there are enough options on the menu to please. The desserts did look awesome. The seating was a little odd but you have control over that too if you don't like your assigned table simply ask for another or wait for a better one. :) Plus the fact that SSR would certainly be nostalgic for you. I look forward to seeing your final choices! ;)

Great ADR choices! I do love Artist Point & R&C is a must-do. We're not buffet people, but Trail's End really intrigues me. I love that kind of food!
I can't wait to read your reviews when you get back!!

Ok, so I made changes. :rolleyes: Trails End will now be for lunch so no buffet and no Tony's/Olivias/Turf Club. We may just head over & wander around SSR. Decided to let Andrew have Artist Point and I have now added Citricos where we would have had dinner at Trails End.

Also may on the fly decide to hit Paradiso for lunch on our arrival day instead of EoS and then maybe go back to Tokyo Dining for dinner on our planned P37 night. Since I don't think ADRs are crucial for these, the decision will be made when we get there.

It's funny, we are always complaining that we spend too much time in EPCOT and when I looked over our plans I realized that we aren't spending much time at all. Hence the reason I may bail on the AMC movie and spend more time there.

Yes, Brenda, it is a science. It's tough being an uber planner but someone has to do it! :upsidedow

Sci Fi
Nine Dragons
Sanaa
Yak & Yeti (another Andrew request)
Paradiso 37
Possible Kona Lunch (may just do QS instead)

Just giving a big :thumbsup2 to these choices!! Some of my favorites!

Your trip sounds so fun! Your son is so lucky to have such an awesome mom! :goodvibes You and Brenda crack me up with the uber planner comments...I totally agree! My DH has no idea how deeply tactical our Disney agendas can be, he just knows to ask "where are we having lunch?" :lmao: We reviewer folk are all about STRATEGIES!

I'm glad that you managed to fit in both Artist Point and Citricos! There are two Disney restaurants that I've especially missed over the past few months, and Artist Point is one of them (Jiko is the other). :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter