Mom & Son Take On Spring Break! 6/1, Updated (final?) August Dining Lineup!

That sushi looks soooooo good!!!!

Also, i love the dismeet pics!! Such a fun pic of the kids!!!

I just noticed the rain pictures. Wow, that rain is ridiculous. You really did help a balloon seller. That is soo funny! I can't believe that rain. That is sad that you didn't meet up at the Poly but at least you two already met. That gelato looks so good. Both flavors look awesome to me.

Yes, we really did. She was so funny. Despite the apparent danger we maybe were in, we really had fun. Gelato was really nice. A definite treat at AoA!

Yay, I popped over to catch up on your dining report at just the right time. I'm so glad we were able to meet up after all, Vicki. It was definitely one of the highlights of our trip for me. :goodvibes And though we didn't get to do so over a tropical drink at the Poly, we do make up for it later. ;)

Yes, we did! We were very happy to meet you & your family as well. Its funny how the Dis makes strangers feel like friends!

Awwwww how WONDERFUL that you guys got to meet up!!!

That was some crazy rain! Main Street was deserted. And that was the middle of the day??

I want one of those big pretzels from Germany. Do they have mustard packets available?

That was about 3pm, yes. They do have mustard but Andrew forgot to grab some and I was way too lazy to go get it myself! (I was going a stellar bench saving job while he got the food!)

Wow, that was some storm!
It's snowing in London today so we are getting some crazy weather over here as well ;)
I'm so glad you and Barb got to meet up :goodvibes

I've been craving pulled pork! That sandwich looks good. :) Were you standing right next to Sleepy Hollow to watch the parade?

Love the new reviews! So how were the pomme frittes at BOG? They look just like regular fries to me - not anything special!

Just caught up on your reviews. What a wicked storm that passed through. Glad you had fun anyway.

It's so awesome that you and your son share a love of Walt Disney World.

It's snowing in London today so we are getting some crazy weather over here as well ;)

Yes, I was very happy to meet Barb. It doesn't snow often in London, right?

I've been craving pulled pork! That sandwich looks good. :) Were you standing right next to Sleepy Hollow to watch the parade?

Yes. I actually sat on one of the stools most of the parade. That pulled pork was really tasty. I am actually making some tomorrow night for dinner but it probably won't be as good!

Love the new reviews! So how were the pomme frittes at BOG? They look just like regular fries to me - not anything special!

They were better than some of the other QS fries. Nice and crispy and piping hot when we got them. We didn't eat many as we were enjoying the sandwiches too much.

Just caught up on your reviews. What a wicked storm that passed through. Glad you had fun anyway.

It's so awesome that you and your son share a love of Walt Disney World.

Yes, it definitely is. He won't admit it around home, but when we are there, he gets it for sure. I think he is even going thru a bit of the post-Disney blues this week.

Yes, do both! ;) SAI has been on our "never again" list for awhile. I think I would be ready to give it another try but we enjoy Hacienda so much I can't make myself do it.
Oh yeah! I gotta check out the Hacienda menu!

So enjoying all the pics!!! A rainy day @ WDW is better than a sunny one @ home!!! :wizard:

Oh yeah! I gotta check out the Hacienda menu!

So enjoying all the pics!!! A rainy day @ WDW is better than a sunny one @ home!!! :wizard:

Yes ma'am, it is! Our Hacienda review will be up soon! (I want to say tonight but it may not be until tomorrow!)

Well..... Southern California is waiting to welcome you with sunny and warm weather. :flower3:

Ok, so on Monday the initial plan was to sleep in (thinking we were going to be at the MK EMH til 3am), grab breakfast/lunch at Landscape of Flavors and then head to Wide World of Sports for the Braves/Mets spring training game. We had decided the day before that we wanted to spend more time in the Parks and that we would not be going to the game.

We still slept in a bit and got to EPCOT 10:30, 11. Barb texted me to let me know that they were there as well and we set a time to meet up for a slushie!

While Andrew got his morning coffee, I stopped to meet this guy …

252_zps3629bd10.jpg

Yes, I was the sad adult all alone in line for Duffy. I absolutely love him and hadn’t been able to “meet” him any of our previous trips.

Then we wandered towards France, stopping at

253_zpsc94f47f4.jpg

For a breakfast snack .

254_zps1ad53eb7.jpg

The pineapple upside down cake. This was tasty, but small. The cake was nice and moist and the pineapple nice and sweet. A nice snack before our Dismeet!

We took our time enjoying the weather wandering thru Canada and the UK before ultimately meeting up with Barb & family in France for some slushies!

276_zpscd773b16.jpg

Grey Goose for me, Grand Marnier for Barb. Yum! I think these slushies are my favorite drink anywhere. Good thing they are a bit pricey because they go down way too easy!

We chatted a bit before parting ways. On our way to lunch at Via Napoli, Andrew and I stopped at the one booth I really wanted to try.

281_zps47da4167.jpg

279_zps6c8d60e1.jpg

We enjoyed the Brisket, jalapeno cornbread and collard greens …

277_zps0ab82271.jpg

This was absolutely delicious. Possibly my favorite bit of food for the whole trip. The meat was lean with great flavor and oh my, the collard greens! I just loved them. Since Andrew didn’t care for them, he had the whole piece of cornbread so I didn’t try that. He liked it though. This was a really good plate of food!

Loved the back of the Woody topiary …

280_zpsc3f31cc7.jpg

We took our time wandering over to Italy for our lunch …

Via Napoli was a late addition to our plan. I made the ADR on Sunday once we realized that we would not be going to the ballgame. The only time available was 2pm which was fine with us. Weird though because the restaurant was fairly empty and they were taking walkups.

First the menu …

282_zpsf89879e0.jpg

283_zps3894e25e.jpg

We ordered iced teas and decided to split the Arancini - Fried saffron risotto balls filled with mozzarella and meat ragu - $11.00

284_zpse90f9ebe.jpg

And the inside …

285_zpsd4725532.jpg

These are really good. Nice melty cheese, firm rice. I didn’t really taste any meat . Very good.

We both had pizza …

Wood Fired Authentic Pizza Napoletana - Piccante. Italian Spicy Sausage, tomato, mozzarella. Individual 18.00.

286_zpsc8361e1e.jpg

Wood Fired Authentic Pizza Napoletana - Pepperoni. Spicy pepperoni, Tomato Mozzarella. Individual 18.00

287_zps0b906a7e.jpg

I dream of this pizza at home. Nice light sauce, gooey cheese, smokey crust. I love the char on the bottm. We didn’t expect to but each ate just about our whole pizza.

We were stuffed but couldn’t leave without sharing the Zeppole Di Catarina - Ricotta Cheese Fritters, served with whipped cream, chocolate sauce - $10.00

288_zpsffbc499b.jpg

289_zps2c2af382.jpg

This is one of our favorite Disney desserts. I could just drink the chocolate. The zeppole are nice and light. The chocolate is more of a dark chocolate than milk and the whipped cream isn’t too sweet. We ended up eating them all!

290_zpsa3454151.jpg

Via Napoli is certainly pricey for a pizza lunch. With the dining plan it doesn’t matter. Paying out of pocket we would probably share an individual pizza and leave much less stuffed!

Dinner was Andrew’s only request for the trip … La Hacienda de San Angel. I made a 7:30 ADR hoping to maybe get a table with a view of Illuminations.

The menu was different than the ones I had seen online prior to the trip … mostly the appetizers.

292_zps62a3a102.jpg

293_zps4c9e940c.jpg

294_zps6c05378d.jpg

295_zpsa2246e06.jpg

Of course, I had to have an Avocado Margarita along with an iced tea …

296_zps4e4bb55c.jpg

Oh, and our table had the perfect view!

032_zps136ade95.jpg

We were so excited! And our waiter was perfect about pacing the meal so we would be there for Illuminations.

We decided to share two appetizers – Queso Fundido – melted cheese with poblano peppers, chorizo and flour tortiallas $12,75 and the Gorditas – Corn cakes stuffed with chorizo, potatos and arugula, topped with chipotle sauce and sour cream $10.50

298_zpse2b57b4a.jpg

297_zps586500f0.jpg

If I dream about the Via Napoli pizza, Andrew dreams about this queso. He absolutely loves it and I agree that it is very tasty especially with the chorizo.
The Gordita was Ok. I felt that it needed something. It was a bit bland.

For dinner we knew we would share the La Hacienda - Mixed grill offering New York strip, chicken al pastor, chorizo and vegetables, served with beans and fresh salsas $49.95

300_zpsdb6a6861.jpg

301_zpsf3400ffb.jpg

Its an absolute ton of food for two people and even with a 17 year old boy we could not eat it all. He prefers the steak and rice, I prefer the chicken and black beans and I love the chorizo. Neither of us ate many of the veggies because everything else was so good.

Neither of us were hungry for dessert but since we had the dining plan and we wanted to see Illuminations, we ordered. The waiter did tell us that we did not have to and that we were welcome to just stay and enjoy the show as the restaurant was not seating any longer. I thought it was nice of him to let us know that.

Andrew surprised me by trying the Empanada de Manzana - puff pastry filled with sauteed caramel apples, served with dulce de leche ice cream and cajeta (caramel sauce) $7.95

303_zps3247bb62.jpg

I don’t think I have ever seen him eat a fruit dessert. He said he just felt like something different. He said it was fine but we were just full so he didn’t eat much.

I tried the Helado de Maiz – corn ice cream served with candied popcorn

302_zps50861d40.jpg

The ice cream was very tasty … it tasted like kettle corn to me. The popcorn was not candied, but the saltiness was good with the creamy ice cream so it did not matter. I really enjoyed this but couldn’t even put a dent in it.

And of course, the best part of our experience – Illuminations!

035_zpsce713e14.jpg

This was just amazing. When the storyteller blows out the “torches”, the restaurant turned off the lights. Very cool. We did the Cruise last year and I actually think this view was better.

This ended up being one of our favorite Disney meals ever. The waiter was very good. The food was delicious and the view was the icing on the cake. This is Andrew’s only “must do” in August. We don’t expect to get as lucky with our table but even without the view, this is one of our favorite spots.

I dream of the pizza at Via Nappoli too! It is so good!!

I can get a lot of mexican food where I live so I don't go for it in WDW but your dinner looks really good and your view is spectacular!!

I dream of the pizza at Via Nappoli too! It is so good!!

I can get a lot of mexican food where I live so I don't go for it in WDW but your dinner looks really good and your view is spectacular!!

We don't have a "great" mexican place near us so we do really look forward to it in WDW. I get what you are saying because we have a really good family owned hibachi place in our town so I don't even consider Teppen Edo even though it generally gets good reviews.

Loved the review of Hacienda! It looks delicious!!! Glad to know we could share the portion as well. :thumbsup2 How cute is the pop corn ice cream!?!

All caught up with your reviews and I really enjoyed reading about your dining adventures! La Hacienda is one of our absolute favourites too. We always get the La Hacienda platter, it's absolutely delicious! :thumbsup2 Hubby and I both had the chocolate mousse the last time we were there, but I'm very intrigued by that popcorn ice cream, I might just have to try that if it's still on the menu during our fall trip.

Thanks so much for sharing!

I'm so glad that you had such an awesome meal at La Hacienda! What a great view. Oh darn! No more Botana appetizer. What time was your dinner reservation? We have an 8:15pm on August 27th. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter