Moana---SUPER BUMMED

This would be great! What's the source for the Info? Do you have a time frame?

A close friend of our favorite mouse told me. The area in question is under refurb. I'll snap a picture next time we go. Maybe tomorrow or Saturday lol. Time frame: end of may, middle of June.

This same friend was right about starLord and baby groot taking Moana's place at HS. We will see!

We will be there June 4. Fingers crossed the Adventureland area is ready for her if it is true that will be her new home :)

A close friend of our favorite mouse told me. The area in question is under refurb. I'll snap a picture next time we go. Maybe tomorrow or Saturday lol. Time frame: end of may, middle of June.

This same friend was right about starLord and baby groot taking Moana's place at HS. We will see!

I noticed this too last time we were in Adventureland. ;)

I Booked a trip in march for my daughters bday. Was so excited she could meet moana and elena both on her birthday trip. Now she would be so sad once i will break the news to her. Had i known moana was moving i could have planned accordingly and booked a late birthday trip .

I was there several weeks ago for the Darkside half marathon and was super bummed to find out that Moana was nowhere to be found. I had even brought a Pua with me for pictures with her. At least put her at the Polynesian!

Also, the lack of Moana merchandise anywhere in the parks is almost as criminal as the under utilization of Pua in the movie. I searched for Pua/Moana stuff in every store I went into.... there was almost always nothing. The stores at the Polynesian had maybe 3-4 items on one table, but nothing too exciting....and for a store called Moana Mercantile, I'd expect it to be full of Moana stuff. Nope. Missed opportunity to not incorporate Moana and friends into that hotel.

Got my response...

Thank you for contacting us regarding the Walt Disney World Resort.

We genuinely appreciate the time you took to write to us and share your
feedback. From time to time, we make adjustments to our offerings and
understand your disappointment with recent changes regarding Moana.

Walt Disney once said, "If nothing changed, there'd be no butterflies."
The passion that is received for the Disney brand from Guests, like you,
inspires us to constantly evaluate our offerings to search for
butterflies just like Walt Disney did. Please know that when we receive
comments from Guests they are shared directly with the Leadership in
various areas of our organization.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

Best Regards,

Matt Blaine
Guest Experience Services
Walt Disney World Resort
407-934-7776

We would have enjoyed meeting Moana as well but we really enjoyed the Baby Groot M&G. In the end they can't have them all available all the time so we make the best of whoever is available to meet.

Also, the lack of Moana merchandise anywhere in the parks is almost as criminal as the under utilization of Pua in the movie. I searched for Pua/Moana stuff in every store I went into.... there was almost always nothing. The stores at the Polynesian had maybe 3-4 items on one table, but nothing too exciting....and for a store called Moana Mercantile, I'd expect it to be full of Moana stuff. Nope. Missed opportunity to not incorporate Moana and friends into that hotel.

Don't quote me on this, but I think the word Moana is actually Maori for "Ocean". So that particular shop might not actually be referring to the character, just the word.

But I might be wrong.

C
Don't quote me on this, but I think the word Moana is actually Maori for "Ocean". So that particular shop might not actually be referring to the character, just the word.

But I might be wrong.

Correct, moana means ocean in most Polynesian languages. Fittingly, the shop at the Poly has been named Moana Mercantile for quite some time. I do agree, though, it is a wasted opportunity. My family loves Moana, probably more than Frozen, so it's sad to see that it didn't have the same impact.

I find it odd that they would go to the effort of auditioning for friends of Moana, then pull the M&G after just a few months.

We met her at DL last month so if she's not back at WDW when we go in January I won't be as disappointed but I really hope she is. I'm glad it doesn't sound like she'll be at Hollywood Studios though because that M&G was our only reason to go to HS and I'd rather spend that park day elsewhere (we only have 4 day tickets and 1 day will probably be NYE).

I will say that I could not find any Moana merchandise that I liked well enough to buy. I wanted a mug, but the one they offered was huge (but a fun concept with the hook as the handle). I listen to the music in the car all time! I hope you all get to meet with Moana on your upcoming trips.

My kids would not only love to meet Moana (ha, look at my avatar) but also Maui! Let's hear it for more diversity in the M&G too - Moana, Mulan, Tiana and Elena are the only diverse princesses, right?

We have a Maui talking doll at home. The girls love it. But it is kind of sad that there isn't a ton of merchandise. Her costume isn't super sparkly or fancy, and there aren't a ton of things to buy since she spends most of the movie on a little boat. Sigh.

Impressed that responses are individualized, not just canned. Here's what I got:

Thank you for your message regarding the entertainment changes regarding Moana. Our Guests’ feedback is important to us and we appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns.

We are always evaluating and refining our offerings and considering new ideas to build upon Disney stories. This philosophy is in keeping with Walt Disney’s vision for continuing to grow and evolve, giving Guests a mixture of familiar and new experiences with each visit. I am unfortunately unable to verify if Moana will be returning before November.

Your continued enthusiasm and passion for the Disney brand is very important to us. We truly value your feedback and regret any disappointment these changes may cause you.

I hope you have a wonderful day!

Best Regards,

Lexx Gosser

Guest Experience Services

Walt Disney World Resort

407-934-7666

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter