Moana---SUPER BUMMED

We have two little Moana fans who are hoping she reappears in Adventureland for our July trip. Not sure why she was not in the MK for the opening of Happily Ever After since Moana is part of the new show. :confused3 Sometimes a character M&G can be more important to young children than the attractions.

Last edited:
Plain flat and simple Disney does a better job with meet and greets at Disneyland. They seem to ignore disney world in my opinion when it comes to characters.
Disney's decisions don't make a whole lot of sense sometimes. Nick and Judy STILL aren't a regular meet and greet at WDW. But N&J and Moana are both regulars at DL now.
this is case and point of that as well as Oswald at Disneyland.

I can not express in words how disappointed I am because even as an adult meeting and greeting characters is my favorite part of my disney trips

Glad to have my FP+ for Elena for end of July

The Moana M&G was obviously temporary, IMO. The location really didn't do her justice (aesthetically speaking) and it also really wasn't big enough. I think she will be a much better fit in Adventureland. Just like they promote upcoming movies in the OMD theater, I would expect to see that character space rotated the same way.

I can't believe they don't have a Moana m&g. My daughter is really into her lately, hopefully she will be available by the time we are there in December! Staying at the Poly, I think a Moana M&g would be perfect there

I'll send an e-mail tonight. I never got to meet Moana, and it's not like I don't go often enough. The movie just came out for home viewing, so a lot of people hadn't even seen the movie until recently, and she's already gone!

Email sent.

Moana, Tiana and Rapunzel are some of my favourites because they get great musicals and their dreams don't revolve around a boy. If they find one, hey, bonus. But they don't dream and pine about it, they're their own people with their own goals.

I want my daughter looking up to those ladies!

I sent an email last week and here's the reply I received:

Thank you for contacting us regarding the Walt Disney World Resort.

From time to time, we make adjustments to our offerings and understand your disappointment with the recent changes with Moana. Please know when we receive comments from Guests they are taken seriously and shared with various areas of our organization.

Our Guests’ feedback, as well as their continued enthusiasm for our products and services, is very important to us. We genuinely appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts with us.

I hope you enjoy your upcoming visit!

Best Regards,

Lexx Gosser

Guest Experience Services

Walt Disney World Resort

407-937-7666

The Moana M&G was obviously temporary, IMO. The location really didn't do her justice (aesthetically speaking) and it also really wasn't big enough. I think she will be a much better fit in Adventureland. Just like they promote upcoming movies in the OMD theater, I would expect to see that character space rotated the same way.
It helps to understand their reasonings if you understand how they pay for the M&G
Her departure had nothing at all to do with popularity or lack there of
This space is for temporary characters. And the characters are from recent movies
Their costs are included in the movie promotion budget, not the usual budget that pays for a character in the park.
When that budget runs out, the character goes. And usually, a new movie has come out and there's a new character that needs the space anyway.
If the character is popular enough then they can work a way to budget for it out of the parks budget but this takes time.
Anyone who knows anything about corporate budgets knows 2 things
1, budgets are worked well in advance so it will take quite some time to work her in
2, each division is almost like it's own little company and they are almost competitors so the movie group and the parks group aren't going to share funds

I know it's disappointing. The emails will at least let them know there is interest in her. It won't get her there any faster but may at least let them know to work her in at some point in the future.

The still have the lady from Brave around but not Moana...??

Yep. Merida is still around and seems to always have a long line as well. However, I think part of it is just location. She's got a beautiful set up near the castle. I think Moana would have lines just as long or even longer initially, but really Adventureland is the better location for her. Maybe they could free up some budget by moving Elena out of the Princess Fairy Tale Hall and into Merida's spot. Move Aurora back into Princess Fairy Tale Hall and use Merida's budget for Moana in Adventureland.

Or...please just keep them all! We want to meet them all. Every single time we go.

Yep. Merida is still around and seems to always have a long line as well. However, I think part of it is just location. She's got a beautiful set up near the castle. I think Moana would have lines just as long or even longer initially, but really Adventureland is the better location for her. Maybe they could free up some budget by moving Elena out of the Princess Fairy Tale Hall and into Merida's spot. Move Aurora back into Princess Fairy Tale Hall and use Merida's budget for Moana in Adventureland.

Or...please just keep them all! We want to meet them all. Every single time we go.
Yes, keep them all. Merida is one of the best M&G in all of Disney. She doesn't need to go anywhere, ever.

I am actually very pleased to have the chance to meet Baby Groot! I am also pretty darn happy about being able to meet BB-8. I am a geek that way though. Not that I wouldn't want to meet Moana, but I haven't seen the movie yet, so I don't have any connection to her yet.

I also have a DD that loves Moana! First time in a while that Frozen songs don't play on a loop at our house! So thankful for that! Hope Moana comes to MK soon!

She is coming to adventureland next to skipper canteen where rafiki used to sometimes meet. Maybe someone will be joining her.

She is coming to adventureland next to skipper canteen where rafiki used to sometimes meet. Maybe someone will be joining her.

This would be great! What's the source for the Info? Do you have a time frame?

My daughter was really looking forward to meeting Moana on our trip in June. I really wish they would hurry up and move her to Adventureland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter