MK on party day.

Jmljasmine

Mouseketeer
We are going to MK on a party day and they close early. We are ok with that since we don't need to stay late anyway but my daughter would like to get in line for 7 dwarfs just before leaving. If the park closes to non party people at 6, can she get in line at 5:55 even though she would be boarding after the park was "closed" to us? I know normal closing that works but does it with a party? She isn't big enough to survive the park opening race to the ride and we don't have enough extra money for ILL. Don't want to waste time we could be doing other things in line either.

Thanks

We are going to MK on a party day and they close early. We are ok with that since we don't need to stay late anyway but my daughter would like to get in line for 7 dwarfs just before leaving. If the park closes to non party people at 6, can she get in line at 5:55 even though she would be boarding after the park was "closed" to us? I know normal closing that works but does it with a party? She isn't big enough to survive the park opening race to the ride and we don't have enough extra money for ILL. Don't want to waste time we could be doing other things in line either.

Thanks
she can get on at 5:59pm, however be careful with weather for it lighting/rains a lot in late afternoon until Hurricane season is over. You can't enter the cue if it the ride is closed and it is near park closing. The good thing is that if you do get on just before closing, ....at 6pm, the lighting lane is closed so the regular line goes much quicker. The rides will not open again until 7. If it shuts down due to weather while in line after 6, they will scan your card/band and give you a Lighting Lane pass that will work at Snow white or at most rides till the closing of the next day. They did that for us when Star Wars Rise broke down after 9pm and it was good to ride RISE the next day or for most all attractions at other parks as well (except Guardians, Snow White and Avatar).

she can get on at 5:59pm, however be careful with weather for it lighting/rains a lot in late afternoon until Hurricane season is over. You can't enter the cue if it the ride is closed and it is near park closing. The good thing is that if you do get on just before closing, ....at 6pm, the lighting lane is closed so the regular line goes much quicker. The rides will not open again until 7. If it shuts down due to weather while in line after 6, they will scan your card/band and give you a Lighting Lane pass that will work at Snow white or at most rides till the closing of the next day. They did that for us when Star Wars Rise broke down after 9pm and it was good to ride RISE the next day or for most all attractions at other parks as well (except Guardians, Snow White and Avatar).
Good to know. We are doing a short morning of departure day at MK the next day too so if it shuts down we can use that LL the next day. (So I guess dream situation would be enter line at 5:55, it goes down for weather at 6, she gets to join the rest of the family without a long line plus gets a LL to still ride it the next day.)

Where were you in the Rise queue? Had you made it all the way into the first preshow room?

Good to know. We are doing a short morning of departure day at MK the next day too so if it shuts down we can use that LL the next day. (So I guess dream situation would be enter line at 5:55, it goes down for weather at 6, she gets to join the rest of the family without a long line plus gets a LL to still ride it the next day.)
Usually, 7D is not included on the LL multi-use pass given when the line goes offline for those in standby. They do this for PAID ILL people.

Same with RotR....standby get a multi-use pass that does not include RotR, those who have a PAID ILL do, or if they aren't going to be able to use it the next day, refunds are given at GS.

In the past, when the party days started at 6, we loved it as the parks were much less crowded as many people didn't think it was worth going for a short day. Not sure how that has changed since the parties now start later.

Usually, 7D is not included on the LL multi-use pass given when the line goes offline for those in standby. They do this for PAID ILL people.

Same with RotR....standby get a multi-use pass that does not include RotR, those who have a PAID ILL do, or if they aren't going to be able to use it the next day, refunds are given at GS.
Oh. Well that stinks. Imagine waiting an hour plus for a ride and it closing for weather then having to wait an hour plus again hoping to be allowed on... In the past the ride down passes at least included the one you waited for. That really stinks. I guess I need to prepare to explain to my birthday 7 year old that we are too poor for Disney to care about then if that happens.

Well, TBH I don’t think Disney cares about anybody regardless of their financial situation. It’s an entity.

Nonetheless, millionaires could be standing in that same line but not see the value in purchasing an ILL and refuse to do so, therefore have the same waiting situation as “poor” people.

If it is that important I suggest you keep an eye on the wait times throughout the day and get in line earlier. Perhaps just after the 'park opening race'?

If it's your daughter's birthday wish why not just get in line?
Trying to figure out the best approach. I have 3 other kids who are too small to ride ( one of them is also celebrating a birthday as the dates are very close together) and we don't want to keep our family separated for longer then necessary. I don't want to end up doing nothing either after spending that much on tickets. Honestly, we wouldn't be going if not for this being promised after the birthday trip was cancelled 2 years ago.

Trying to figure out the best approach. I have 3 other kids who are too small to ride ( one of them is also celebrating a birthday as the dates are very close together) and we don't want to keep our family separated for longer then necessary. I don't want to end up doing nothing either after spending that much on tickets. Honestly, we wouldn't be going if not for this being promised after the birthday trip was cancelled 2 years ago.

While one parent waits for 7DMT, the other parent can take the younger kids to other Fantasyland attractions, or over to Dumbo's Circus playground.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter