• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mixology classes

swedemeatball

Earning My Ears
How long are the typical mixology sessions? How many drinks are usually involved per person? How tipsy does one get? I know I ask a lot about alcohol, but I swear I don't have a problem.

Ours lasted a little over an hour. We made and drank 5 cocktails. Yes, you get quite a buzz!!!

Ours lasted a little over an hour. We made and drank 5 cocktails. Yes, you get quite a buzz!!!

We did the tequila testing back in march and it was also 5 drinks... I had to sneak out for sandwiches and wings 1/2 way through cause I was too tipsy. Lol. (There was a small buffet in the bar area)

We did the tequila testing back in march and it was also 5 drinks... I had to sneak out for sandwiches and wings 1/2 way through cause I was too tipsy. Lol. (There was a small buffet in the bar area)

Thanks for the info. I laughed when I saw your comment about needing food because I joked with my DW about bringing a pizza from Luigi's..

We did a rum tasting on the Magic in Sessions - it was 4 shots and a rum runner and we could barely walk to the other side of the room when we were done! I think we sat for 30-60 minutes before they kicked us out because the dancers were practicing in the bar. :rotfl:

The bartender did provide us with Coke/Diet Coke and glasses to dilute the shots once we'd tasted them - which was good because there were a couple I really wasn't fond of. Of course, DH was more than happy to finish anything I didn't want... :rotfl2:

The rum runner was excellent! :thumbsup2

most likely I'll have 7 or 8 then and my wife 2 or 3, I'll need a nap at the adult pool after.

I just did Martini on the Fantasy. Lasted about an hour. 5 3 ounce drinks.

Another woman we sat with probably late 60s early 70s was at the Martini with us drank her last one and then headed to wine tasting! She said no worries....her liver was well seasoned.

I've had 5-6-7 cocktails depending on the bartender. We've also had mini drinks and full sized drinks, also depending on the bartender.

Everyone is usually plastered by the end. Except me because it seems to not affect me at all. My partner is always disappointed that I'm not even giggly. She doesn't drink, so I'd say she is a pretty good control. :thumbsup2

I did the mixology class on the Fantasy in Feb. Daniel was the bartender and he was great. I totally lost track of time but I think it was a little over an hour. Each person got behind the bar and made a drink. It was a blast. I was more than tipsy when I left. I think we made 4 or 5 drinks and then a layered shot at the end. Was definitely worth the $15!!

We did mixology on the Dream. It was about an hour and fifteen minutes. We had a blast! We made our own drinks for each other and some people were putting a LOT of alcohol in them. Some people were more tipsy than others, and yes, there were some who were also finishing other's leftovers. I had a buzz, but was totally fine. Mixology was definitely one of the highlights of our cruise!

Can you book these ahead of time, or do you have to wait until you are onboard?

I may be the minority here but I would never do Mixology again. DH and I were there as well as a group of 5 other people. The group of 5 had a blast because they were able to taste each others drink that they made. Of course DH and I made one each so that's all we had. $30 for two drinks and a shot wasn't a deal to me.

My dad and I did a back-2-back on the Fantasy, March 16th-23rd and March 23rd-30th and on the March 16th cruise on the second sea day we did the Martini tasting and then the Mixology, and to top that off we got free drink at captains reception so we were pretty hungover that night. For both tasting we got 5 drinks, but big, but not small. If we did only one tasting that day we would have been fine. The week after we only did Martini tasting since Mixology filled up fast. And we were good

I may be the minority here but I would never do Mixology again. DH and I were there as well as a group of 5 other people. The group of 5 had a blast because they were able to taste each others drink that they made. Of course DH and I made one each so that's all we had. $30 for two drinks and a shot wasn't a deal to me.

That seems like a weird class, when we went about 4 people went behind the bar and made a type of drink for everyone, may I ask what ship you were on?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter