Minnie van from MCO to hotel questions

Childs1stTime2Disney

*A dream is a wish your heart makes*
Has anyone taken the Minnie Van from MCO to your hotel? Can you tell me how to do that? If you schedule in advance, do you tell them a time to come or do you ask for one once you know what time you will be ready? Also I was curious do the minnie vans have a bench seat in row 2 or captain's chairs? Wondering if there will be enough room for our items. How much time do you think it saves taking a Minnie van to your WDW hotel vs the Magical express when it's a late arrival after 7pm?

Last edited:
Easy to reserve, just call normal reservations. They meet you at baggage claim with a sign. It’s about $150 each way without gratuity. Typically they are Chevy suburbans with captain chairs. I’d guess it saves you at least an hour.

You can get great service for much less with FLTours or Tony Hinds car service.

Tony's driver was waiting in baggage claim for us and had a special parking spot only yards away from the carousel. It was $60 one way before tip or $100 round trip before tip.

Tony will stop at the grocery. He has car seats and nice big vans. I'll never use DME again since I discovered him thanks to these boards.

You can book by email: aobh607@gmail.com

You can get great service for much less with FLTours or Tony Hinds car service.

Tony's driver was waiting in baggage claim for us and had a special parking spot only yards away from the carousel. It was $60 one way before tip or $100 round trip before tip.

Tony will stop at the grocery. He has car seats and nice big vans. I'll never use DME again since I discovered him thanks to these boards.

You can book by email: aobh607@gmail.com
To me, this is a SO much better option.

If you want to do a MinnieVan ride for the novelty of it, save that for a shorter, much less-expensive trip.

Has anyone taken the Minnie Van from MCO to your hotel? Can you tell me how to do that? If you schedule in advance, do you tell them a time to come or do you ask for one once you know what time you will be ready? Also I was curious do the minnie vans have a bench seat in row 2 or captain's chairs? Wondering if there will be enough room for our items. How much time do you think it saves taking a Minnie van to your WDW hotel vs the Magical express when it's a late arrival after 7pm?
Save you about 30 min on avg. Plus however long it would be for any stops before your resort.
It's a VERY expensive way to save very little time

until Disney starts charging for DME we will keep using it. The time saved is not worth $100/150 to me.

Save you about 30 min on avg. Plus however long it would be for any stops before your resort.
It's a VERY expensive way to save very little time

I agree. The issue is we will be landing around 7:40pm so even saving 1 hour seems worth it, so we don't miss food options at the hotel. Otherwise I would never consider the Minnie Van for airport travel.

I agree. The issue is we will be landing around 7:40pm so even saving 1 hour seems worth it, so we don't miss food options at the hotel. Otherwise I would never consider the Minnie Van for airport travel.
I think the time savings would be more like 30-45 minutes over DME. You're going to have to pick up your checked luggage and the drive itself is 30-40 minutes under normal conditions.

The other thing to consider is that the bigger threat is your flight being delayed. If that happens, it won't matter how you get to the resort...except for the cost.

Easy to reserve, just call normal reservations. They meet you at baggage claim with a sign. It’s about $150 each way without gratuity. Typically they are Chevy suburbans with captain chairs. I’d guess it saves you at least an hour.

SO they meet you at baggage claim? Do they bring a luggage cart? Do they assist in finding or grabbing the luggage, etc? We have some special needs so I need to see if this would work for us.

SO they meet you at baggage claim? Do they bring a luggage cart? Do they assist in finding or grabbing the luggage, etc? We have some special needs so I need to see if this would work for us.

You call reservations (link in thread above), give them your info (flight numbers, number of people, number of bags, car seats needed, etc.) and pay up front. They will email and/or call you the day before your trip to confirm everything. Day of, you will get an email with the van number, driver name, and directions of where to meet. They will be at the end of the escalator right before baggage claim. They will help with bags. Once in the car, they give you a little welcome packet and Smartwater. It was really easy and absolutely saves time. Was it a luxury expense, yes. However, it was a luxury experience all the way. I would absolutely do it again. We ended up using the Minnie Van from GF to WL and back and back from Epcot to GF one night as well. It’s totally worth it to me.

You call reservations (link in thread above), give them your info (flight numbers, number of people, number of bags, car seats needed, etc.) and pay up front. They will email and/or call you the day before your trip to confirm everything. Day of, you will get an email with the van number, driver name, and directions of where to meet. They will be at the end of the escalator right before baggage claim. They will help with bags. Once in the car, they give you a little welcome packet and Smartwater. It was really easy and absolutely saves time. Was it a luxury expense, yes. However, it was a luxury experience all the way. I would absolutely do it again. We ended up using the Minnie Van from GF to WL and back and back from Epcot to GF one night as well. It’s totally worth it to me.
Thank you for your input. We will definitely be doing it, since we have such a late arrival. I appreciate you taking the time to respond! !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter