Minnie van from MCO to hotel questions

Childs1stTime2Disney

*A dream is a wish your heart makes*
Has anyone taken the Minnie Van from MCO to your hotel? Can you tell me how to do that? If you schedule in advance, do you tell them a time to come or do you ask for one once you know what time you will be ready? Also I was curious do the minnie vans have a bench seat in row 2 or captain's chairs? Wondering if there will be enough room for our items. How much time do you think it saves taking a Minnie van to your WDW hotel vs the Magical express when it's a late arrival after 7pm?

Last edited:

MFL101

Earning My Ears
Easy to reserve, just call normal reservations. They meet you at baggage claim with a sign. It’s about $150 each way without gratuity. Typically they are Chevy suburbans with captain chairs. I’d guess it saves you at least an hour.

lulu2

DIS Veteran
Will they stop and do a grocery pick up, like preorder at Walmart and just pull up to receive the order?

• SaintsManiac

Adventure is out there.
    You can get great service for much less with FLTours or Tony Hinds car service.

Tony's driver was waiting in baggage claim for us and had a special parking spot only yards away from the carousel. It was $60 one way before tip or $100 round trip before tip.

Tony will stop at the grocery. He has car seats and nice big vans. I'll never use DME again since I discovered him thanks to these boards.

You can book by email: aobh607@gmail.com

JimMIA

There's more to life than mice...
    You can get great service for much less with FLTours or Tony Hinds car service.

Tony's driver was waiting in baggage claim for us and had a special parking spot only yards away from the carousel. It was $60 one way before tip or $100 round trip before tip.

Tony will stop at the grocery. He has car seats and nice big vans. I'll never use DME again since I discovered him thanks to these boards.

You can book by email: aobh607@gmail.com
    To me, this is a SO much better option.

If you want to do a MinnieVan ride for the novelty of it, save that for a shorter, much less-expensive trip.

AngiTN

DIS Veteran
    Has anyone taken the Minnie Van from MCO to your hotel? Can you tell me how to do that? If you schedule in advance, do you tell them a time to come or do you ask for one once you know what time you will be ready? Also I was curious do the minnie vans have a bench seat in row 2 or captain's chairs? Wondering if there will be enough room for our items. How much time do you think it saves taking a Minnie van to your WDW hotel vs the Magical express when it's a late arrival after 7pm?
    Save you about 30 min on avg. Plus however long it would be for any stops before your resort.
    It's a VERY expensive way to save very little time

• paults

HOME IS WHERE BWV IS
    until Disney starts charging for DME we will keep using it. The time saved is not worth $100/150 to me.

Childs1stTime2Disney

*A dream is a wish your heart makes*
    Save you about 30 min on avg. Plus however long it would be for any stops before your resort.
    It's a VERY expensive way to save very little time
    I agree. The issue is we will be landing around 7:40pm so even saving 1 hour seems worth it, so we don't miss food options at the hotel. Otherwise I would never consider the Minnie Van for airport travel.

JimMIA

There's more to life than mice...
    I agree. The issue is we will be landing around 7:40pm so even saving 1 hour seems worth it, so we don't miss food options at the hotel. Otherwise I would never consider the Minnie Van for airport travel.
    I think the time savings would be more like 30-45 minutes over DME. You're going to have to pick up your checked luggage and the drive itself is 30-40 minutes under normal conditions.

The other thing to consider is that the bigger threat is your flight being delayed. If that happens, it won't matter how you get to the resort...except for the cost.

• Connect

Disney News and Updates

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.